Falkirk managing director George Craig added: "I'm looking for a 50-50 split.

Boab

A guy on the radio summed it up perfect for me. He was saying his sister is a Falkirk fan and that the last game she was at, believe it or not, was the Final at Ibrox v Killie which must have been the early to mid 90's.

She has been on the phone goading him because even although he and his 2 sons go to every home game and many of the Rangers away games, she will get a ticket no problem at all and he will struggle.

Its a joke as far as im concerned. Falkirk should only get in the region of 8k to 10k and the rest(after the fat cats which i wont even start on) should be for the bears who go week in week out.

As someone said earlier, they should have issued vouchers with every ticket purchased at the semi(incentive to then go and not have empty seats) and they get first shout. It then trips to the Season book holders and so on thereafter.

(tu)

From Tonight's Evening Times

THE Scottish Football Association will meet with Rangers and Falkirk at Hampden on Tuesday, May 5 for initial discussions about their Homecoming Scottish Cup final ticket allocations.

The SFA will replicate the method in which they distributed tickets for last season's final between the Ibrox club and Irn-Bru First Division side Queen of the South, allocating an initial batch to each club then 'drip feeding' tickets until the 52,000 capacity figure is reached.

The Bairns reached the final at Hampden for the first time since 1997 with a 2-0 win over Dunfermline at the national stadium on Sunday in front of just 17,124 fans.

A crowd of 32,431 turned up at Hampden the previous day to see Rangers beat St Mirren 3-0 in the other semi-final.

Although neither semi-final sold out, there is bound to be the usual demand for tickets for the May 30 showpiece occasion.

An SFA spokesman said steps will be taken again to ensure as fair a split as possible and avoid once more the situation which occurred in the 2003 final between Rangers and Dundee when there were huge gaps at Hampden after the Taysiders failed to sell their allocation.

"It won't be a case of settling on exact figures next week. We will propose an initial allocation to both clubs," the spokesman said.

"Last year we gave Queen of the South 8,000 tickets at first. They came back for more on two occasions until they had around 15,000.

"We will do something similar and will take in to account things like semi-final attendances and average home gates."

Smurf is spot on.

Falkirk can't even sell out their own shite stadium. They never take a decent crowd away.

I sincerely hope they are relegated, there fans offer no atmosphere at most games, they only come out when they are doing something well.

It's grossly unfair if they get half, on the flip side of the coin if they do get half and do fill it, it will just mean that there will be 20,000 sick Falkirk fans on the day we fuck them and win the cup.

"It won't be a case of settling on exact figures next week. We will propose an initial allocation to both clubs," the spokesman said.

"Last year we gave Queen of the South 8,000 tickets at first. They came back for more on two occasions until they had around 15,000.

"We will do something similar and will take in to account things like semi-final attendances and average home gates."

Sounds like a decent plan to me.

Sounds like a decent plan to me.

I reckon they should get 8k and then up to 12k max if they sell the rest

Where have these 20,000 'fans' been all season when their team have needed them in their fight against relegation?

Due to these glory hunting bastards, fans like me who have followed my team as much as possible all year may miss out on seeing my team lift a trophy so some knob-end from Falkirk can attend his first game in 10 years.

If they can't even fill their shambles of a Gazebo, there is no way in hell they should receive anywhere near 20,000 seats.

Where have these 20,000 'fans' been all season when their team have needed them in their fight against relegation?

Due to these glory hunting bastards, fans like me who have followed my team as much as possible all year may miss out on seeing my team lift a trophy so some knob-end from Falkirk can attend his first game in 10 years.

If they can't even fill their shambles of a Gazebo, there is no way in hell they should receive anywhere near 20,000 seats.

I can understand this view 100%. If you have given every weekend this season (and thousands of pounds) to the cause of following your team, then its a lot of nonsense for people who are at best fair-weather fans to get equal treatment.

at the same time, I think there is a case for balancing their regular gates, the dismal attendance at the semi and the relative size of Falkirk with the fact that this is something of a once in a lifetime event for them.

I can understand this view 100%. If you have given every weekend this season (and thousands of pounds) to the cause of following your team, then its a lot of nonsense for people who are at best fair-weather fans to get equal treatment.

at the same time, I think there is a case for balancing their regular gates, the dismal attendance at the semi and the relative size of Falkirk with the fact that this is something of a once in a lifetime event for them.

It is a once in a life-time event from them. Them being the fans. The fans being those who attend the games every week and don't just crawl out the woodwork when their team reach a final.

It is a once in a life-time event from them. Them being the fans. The fans being those who attend the games every week and don't just crawl out the woodwork when their team reach a final.

Mentioned this the other week.Take away the old firm supporters and Falkirks average gate is not much over 4000.

No doubt they will sell out all their allocation with the "supporters " who have risen from the dead.

I told the story about their last final when the lady from the house behind me came over the night before the final and she and her daughter were going to their first football match and offered me the chance to buy one of her spare 22 tickets.

The club took their allocation and had to resort to giving them away to schools and businesses to save face.

So anyone who cannot get tickets might find it worthwhile to contact Falkirk Fc nearer the time.

It's the reward for getting to the final, simple as that.

Think the plan to 'drip feed' is fair enough, and to be honest, a split crowd makes for a far better atmosphere - and if folk are moaning about not gettting to Hampden, then there were plenty spare seats on Saturday, and even more at Ibrox the round before (but it's only Falkirk fans that are glory hunters :rolleyes: ).

When we can't sell out Ibrox for a quarter final, you have to doubt that we 'deserve' forty thousand tickets.

Get it full, crank up a bit of atmosphere, and for fecks sake make it better than last year!