Best Rangers Captain?

numansnewman

Fergie is nowhere near the worst IMHO

Worst = Paterson. Im sure everyone has heard the rumour about how he got chosen. :anguish:

Best = Gough.

(tu)

why paterson ?

a) He was pish

b) What did he win as captain?

c) He was lucky that he was the first person to walk through the door after the bet between Jock and John McLelland :craphead:

ok ..your view is our worst ever captain is craig paterson

a guy who wasnt a great footballer.

but he respected his manager,and never embarassed the club.

unlike ?

Craig Paterson regularly embarrassed our club. The very fact Paterson was the Captain of Rangers in the first place is an embarrasment in itself.

As for Barry, well he has given us plenty of fantastic times, made us a profit in transfer fees, helped us to Helicopter Sunday as without him returning, WE WOULD NOT HAVE WON THE LEAGUE, and has been a fantastic ambassador to Rangers as far as giving loads of his time to charity and worthwhile causes, some of which i have attended.

The recent goings on have been a total fuck up and he has certainly lost some of the respect i have for him, but the good times and good deeds far outweigh this one stupid episode in his life as a Rangers Captain.

If this was what the thread was about, why not just start a thread saying "Barry is an arsehole". :rolleyes:

what did paterson do wrong ?

You are persisten mate, i will give you that but for fcks sake shut up! We all get you dont like Barry Ferguson and you think he was our worst captain but stop trying to manipulate everybody elses opinion. You should be concentrating about the positves after Ferguson and not dwelling on what he has done wrong in recent weeks!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lorenzo amoruso reason behaviour unfitting orf a rangers catain

spat on an ayr united player

called a coloured borrusia dortmund player "a black bastard"

not what i want to see from a rangers player

imo a lot worse than anything any other rangers player has done

He was a black bastard though.

Ferguson wasn't anywhere near the worst ever captain.

Infact he is up there with the very best. If you had asked this question when Ferguson was in his prime you would have received a very different reaction. It's ludicrous to even suggest he was a bad captain.

I don't think we have ever had a bad captain, cause all captains have been decent/good/great players. I rank how good a captain is by his determination, influence, passion, shouting & demanding & ability to fire up team mates. Ferguson ticks all those boxes.

Even though he wasn't a bad player Gavin Rae didn't really tick many of those boxes.