Papac

WATP52

I have heard many different reports on sasa's fitness today. Can anyone clear up if he is available for the game or not? I dread our team if he is still injured. Aids will tear dailly apart, and whit is uncomfortable on the left which means he can't get forward as well which would be a huge blow considering he is our only source of width!!!

I have heard many different reports on sasa's fitness today. Can anyone clear up if he is available for the game or not? I dread our team if he is still injured. Aids will tear dailly apart, and whit is uncomfortable on the left which means he can't get forward as well which would be a huge blow considering he is our only source of width!!!

If Papac doesn't make it he has to go Whittaker right back and Stevie Smith left back.

If Papac doesn't make it he has to go Whittaker right back and Stevie Smith left back.

Totally agree, but the chances of him playing Smith LB and Whittaker RB are pretty slim I think.

If Dailly is playing we have no chance and then i'll realise Wattie has lost it completely!

???

???

aiden mcgeady

The thought of Stevie Smith at LB scares the shit out of me, he'll get torn a new one!

The thought of Dailly at RB, with Whittaker at LB doesn't give me much confidence either.

Stevie Smith is certainly not a quality defender; infact, his defending is a liability. His positioning is poor, his distribution is terrible, he gives away far too many fouls, and, he's lost a lot of his pace due to his numerous injuries.

Whittaker____Weir____Bougherra____Smith

We'll get absolutely torn apart with that defence, Whittaker, and, Smith will get caught out on numerous occassions, and, a Weir, and, Bougherra will have to cover for them, resulting in them leaving a massive gap in the middle.

smith is as good as hutton ever was (IMO better) - fair enough better attacking than defending, but he can do a defensive turn too.

you remember him before injury, right?

just needs games.

i would go for dailly at right back to give a little more defending presence.

Even before his injury, his defending was suspect!

just needs games; now is not the time to throw someone in, especially when they have been out for so long - Stevie Smith IMO, has been pretty poor since coming back.

i agree he has not been defending and its not ideal with lack of games.

i personally would still be happy playing him because i know he has it in him and he would give 100%

smith is as good as hutton ever was (IMO better) - fair enough better attacking than defending, but he can do a defensive turn too.

you remember him before injury, right?

just needs games.

i would go for dailly at right back to give a little more defending presence.

Smith was always giving too much space and time to his opposition and never seemed to realise that he should not tuck in to his central defence when the attack was coming down his flank. Do you not remember how many goals we lost from unopposed crosses from his area?

again you have a point.

for me he is a wing back more than a full back (as was hutton who had similar problems)

i would rather papac if he was fit and stevie LM, (but then papac cost us a few in europe by poor marking too)

I think Dailly gets unwarranted abuse. He's probably fitter than most, and is quicker than he is given credit for. In a match like this.. just be no nonsense.. that's all. Don't play around.. When you get the ball look for the simple pass every time. In trouble? Kick it out of the stadium.

I have no issue with Dailly at RB tbh.

again you have a point.

for me he is a wing back more than a full back (as was hutton who had similar problems)

i would rather papac if he was fit and stevie LM, (but then papac cost us a few in europe by poor marking too)

Would have to disagree with that point mate

Papac was one of the reasons we reached the Uefa Cup final.

Totally agree, but the chances of him playing Smith LB and Whittaker RB are pretty slim I think.

If Dailly is playing we have no chance and then i'll realise Wattie has lost it completely!

:gerbad::gerbad::gerbad:

Doo doo doo roo Christian Dailly

doo doo doo roo Christian Dailly

:craphead:

Yeah i have to agree here. I don't like Smith at Left mid.