Walter smith

minstral

I would if you don't understand a simple cultural reference like "monday morning quarterback".......

Stopped reading at "we were lucky to beat celtic "...i take it back you aren't in the bottom 1% it's the bottom 0.000000000000001%.......

I did understand it, but I thought I'd be a bit cheeky, maybe it was that 3rd coffee I've had this afternoon :rolleyes:

With regards to the last OF game, you must have been watching a differant one from me. What I seen was us get a well deserved goal from some good grafting whilst controlling the first half admirably, however in the second half, we did what we usually do...sit back and soak up the pressure and hope to catch the opposing team on the break.

Against any credible team who are capable of taking points from us, we clam up after we get the goal. How many times has that cost us the full 3 points since Walter has took over?

I'm confident that we have the players to play in an open and attacking manner, not in the defensive shell like formation we adopt when we get that first goal.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would if you don't understand a simple cultural reference like "monday morning quarterback".......

Stopped reading at "we were lucky to beat celtic "...i take it back you aren't in the bottom 1% it's the bottom 0.000000000000001%.......

GENERAL i would love to have known what you thought when we used to play 2-3-5 i think you would have been dizzy watching al the attacking football. :)

If we weren't trying to play for a 1-0 why did we sit back in the first half and try to hit on the counter? Please explain GLC.

No we weren't...how can you sit back against a team that were basically camped in there own half.....

We were doing the same thing the first half, reluctant to go forward. Also why did it take us to go a goal down for everyone to push forward? Walter is far too negative and would rather not lose a goal than score.

GENERAL i would love to have known what you thought when we used to play 2-3-5 i think you would have been dizzy watching al the attacking football. :)

I probably wasn't born...... ;)

Well thats what you called attacking football, not this boring negative stuff we have to watch at the present moment. :)

Well thats what you called attacking football, not this boring negative stuff we have to watch at the present moment. :)

Minstral the football under McLeish was attacking compared to this.

no wonder you are a hard man to please......... :craphead:

the football under eck in the first 18 months was very entertaining.....

the football under eck in the first 18 months was very entertaining.....

Advocaats team though, who we played the best football under that ive seen in my lifetime.

I don't really know who to blame for last nights game.

I wish Velicka was taken off much earlier than half time...He didn't have a clue what was going on.

However, you can't criticise Walter for playing him initially...He scored in every game before last night and even a lot of us on here were singing his praises before the old firm game.

The attitude of the players in the first half was pathetic. It's as if they just tried to pass the game by hoping someone else would do the business.

It is such a shame that our best attacking options for the past 2 years has been our right backs, Alan Hutton and now Whittaker. It's even more of a shame and so fucking frustrating that whilst our best attacks come from Whittaker just now...He is being played out of position.

Walter does need to shoulder some blame. And I think he certainly should have had the players fucking flying before kick off. However for the players to just give that level of performance in the first half is a joke, especially when you consider what they are now playing for.

Walter Smith has to go if we win the league or not. The first half performance is all too familiar with his teams who seem set up to grind out wins against poor opposition rather than taking the game to them. He's playing Hibs away, a team who haven't had a good season and he starts with two of the most immobile players at the club up front, Dailly at right back (pish), Smith in midfield (pish and out of position) and Whittaker out of position.

He's a dinosaur that cost us the league last season and to be honest I think last night he's cost us it again.

I need to ask - after so many wins on the bounce with pretty much the same side, do people think that Walter expected the team to play that badly last night?

That's it exactly. I imagine Smith was sitting wondering when exactly they were going to start trying. It come back to the responsibilty on the the highly paid collection of fellows who dash across the white line onto the pitch. I'm sure smith thought they would kick into gear at any moment, hence a reluctance to act.

My gripe is that there seems to be inactivity during the erm..inactivity. What I mean is that the management team wait far too long to start trying to change things (and I don't mean with immediate substitutes, more so a case of getting new/or reiterating intructions to them and making sure the gravity of the situation has been drilled through their skulls- although a large portion of that should be taken care of before hand. The players should have been so wound up they exploded out of the changing room to get in about hibs)

Still not as bad as when PLG used to sit stock-still staring into space when it was all going tits up. And things were pretty dire at times under JG era.

The players are really needing a good talking too by a decent motivational speaker or NLP programmer or some damned thing.

Why does he set out to win games 1-0 instead of having a right go. The only time he will take a chance is when we go a goal behind and we have no choice.

You only have to look at how we played in the second half when we could have scored 4 or 5 goals by attacking and playing at a faster pace.

What annoys me is the Rangers way used to be to try and win every game and be scared of no team, but someone should tell Walter that.

Also the players walter has signed are mediocre players earning big money, with no width no entertainment, and boring to watch.

We have also managed toget to the top of the league about 3 times only to lose it next game, so what is that all about.

Lets hope we can still win it, but i feel Walter has learned nothing since his last spell at our club, same negative tactics that cost us 10 in a row and if he stays next season god help us.

Couldn't have put it better myself, he's had his turn to try and get the better of possibly the worst scum team for a while and his negativity says it all for me - Smith MUST GO