Next Season's Captain

KGP1690

Captain for next season  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be next seasons captain ?

• Barry Ferguson
    • Davie Weir
    • Kevin Thomson
    • Alan McGregor
    • Other ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davie should keep the armband if he is still here next season, if not Bougherra has got to be the man, fans love him and seems like a good leader and players seem to respect him, i think he would thrive on it

I think we'll be looking for another centre back this summer, meaning that Weir wont be playing every game. Therefore it would probably make sense to give the captaincy to either Bougherra, as we still don't know what Thomson's fitness will be like once he's back from his injury.

If Davie weir was a few years younger, i'd say him. I think he's brilliant. But at 38/39 what ever age, he is too old. I think a 1 year extension as a back up/coach would be best. But we, with Champions League football next season, should be looking to fill that position with someone a little younger.

I picked other. But I'm afraid i do not have the answer as to who the next Rangers captain should be. Barry will go to WBA, i wouldn't give it to a Goal Keeper. Kevin Thompson...i dunno.

What about Boogie? I think he'll be here next season unless we get a really big offer. I think he has the passion to win, we seen that on Sunday. He's absolutely chomping at the bit to get a shot at the CL.

Between Boogie and Thomo for me.

OK can anyone please enlighten me why GLASGOW RANGERS captain should be a player who has been injured majority of the season??? slighty worried...... as Barry Ferguson is likely not to be at Rangers next season and Weir most likely will be is it not common sense he should be ???

OK can anyone please enlighten me why GLASGOW RANGERS captain should be a player who has been injured majority of the season??? slighty worried...... as Barry Ferguson is likely not to be at Rangers next season and Weir most likely will be is it not common sense he should be ???

Hopefully Weir will be back up to the first team, hence the need for a new captain. Weir has been a fantastic servant to us, but every at 39, will be coming on 40 next season. You have to say - It's time for a replacement.

Hopefully Weir will be back up to the first team, hence the need for a new captain. Weir has been a fantastic servant to us, but every at 39, will be coming on 40 next season. You have to say - It's time for a replacement.

Yes i do agree that we need a replacement but bringing Thomson in as a replacement when he has not really played much in the success of this season is a bit of a kick in the ball's to the other player's who probably deserve it more than him for the "NOW"... but for now i would be happy with Weir to continue with the job he is doing, tbh for a nearly 40 year old cb he is doing better than a certain ex st.mirren captain could who would no doubt replace him.

Yes i do agree that we need a replacement but bringing Thomson in as a replacement when he has not really played much in the success of this season is a bit of a kick in the ball's to the other player's who probably deserve it more than him for the "NOW"... but for now i would be happy with Weir to continue with the job he is doing, tbh for a nearly 40 year old cb he is doing better than a certain ex st.mirren captain could who would no doubt replace him.

I meant a replacement for Weir mate. Sorry for the confusion. I'm leaning more towards Boogie being captain (tu)

Weir is a fine captain but i would hope he is not going to be an ever-present in the side next year.

Barrys time has come and gone, and from the sound of Watty a couple of days ago he'll be on his way during the summer, deservedly leaving as a champion.

As for Thomo, whilst happy with his efforts on the field, he's still IMHO an out-and-out Hibee. Doesnt mean he cant be a player for us, but captain? no.

I was coming round to giving bougherra the captaincy, he's the complete defender and certainly an inspiration to players and the fans, and it might keep him at ibrox, but to be honest i havent seen yet he's got long term commitment to the club to warrant the gamble.

Davis is my first choice. Like Barry in his day, a fantastic box to box player who leads by example, and what is more he's an absolute class act off the field.

I meant a replacement for Weir mate. Sorry for the confusion. I'm leaning more towards Boogie being captain (tu)

ah right, yeah see Boogie to me sound's like a good idea, commanding, strong and a quality player who has been consistant through the season.

Weir if he is still here (which I think he will be)

He'll be here, but only as back up.

And he should be captain. It'll be ridiculous if he is still a player at the club and they take the captaincy off him.

He's been immense, i agree. But next season he will be 39 coming on 40! I just think at some stage you have to say that's plenty. Be back up, work with Danny Wilson and call upon him if we need him. Hopefully he will be a coach.

The problem with giving it to Thomson is that it is additional pressure when the lad is just returning - and Walter is saying he still may not make it for the first few games of the season - I think Thomson will become captain in the future but he has to concentrate on getting back and he may NOT be as immediately good as he was - he will need games so take the etxra pressure away. Weir looks like he will stay for another year and therfore is my first choice for Captain next season.