Mladen Krstajic

was intrigued to read in one of the other threads that krstajic was up for a bosman this year.

the one stumbling block is that he is 35 years old but otherwise i think this would be a major prospect for champs league defence beside bougie.

he is dominant in the air, has a wise grounding after several seasons in the bundesliga, was raved about as the leader of the 'famous four' that only lost one goal in qualifying for 06 WC for serbia...

i dont think the wages would be a major issue as it would give his career another year (champs league too) and hopefully could get him on a one year deal with a view to an extension if he makes enough appearences. schalke arent in the champs league next year so maybe this could work in our favour too?

i am not massively educated in bundesliga but a bit of research shoiws me he was made captain of schalke recently, dont know if this move would be viable but maybe others could shed some light?

Why is the fact he is 35 years old a stumbling block for a manager who signs players in that age bracket?

just in terms of the popularity of the suggestion with fans on rm is all. walter would be delighted to get him i am sure!

and to be fair, i think these kind of players dont get the credit they deserve. experience is huge in football, trying to progress youth is also huge, but experience in various situations is key and i think this guy has a massive amount in terms of continental football.

plus the bosman aspect would make him far more attractive than spending over the odds and ending up with a glenn loovens.

Id rather we didnt go for him, i think hes passed it now. His last games for s04 were less than impressive.

fair enough point mate. i dont take in enough of the bundesliga to be able to comment on recent form. just knew him from reputation and hoped he could be a good ager like weir.

maybe not the best idea. do you think with bougherra beside him it could work? or is he just past it in all apsects of his game other than pace?