Tevez Joins Man City

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TalkSport have just said that their north of England source has confirmed that Tevez WILL be playing for Man City next year.

The same source that sounded out Evra, Nani and Anderson weeks before they arrived, so I do trust this one.

Nedum Onuoha has been speaking about it this morning at Man City's press conference, saying that he 'looks forward' to lining up alongside him.

That's a bit of a shocker! I didn't think he would do that to Man United after spending his last four weeks talking about how much he loves the fans, but money talks.

And that is that

At least we will see how Bougherra fairs against two top strikers now!!

Huh?

He's referring to the, yet to be officially confirmed, Man City Friendly at Ibrox on the 5th of August.

Ah right, got you.

Huh?

He's referring to the, yet to be officially confirmed, Man City Friendly at Ibrox on the 5th of August.

wer'e playing them,it's been in the papers,and the Rangers website is useless. so don't expect it to be on that anytime soon.

Huh?

wer'e playing them,it's been in the papers,and the Rangers website is useless. so don't expect it to be on that anytime soon.

I didn't say we weren't playing them (tu):rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
(PA) Saturday 20 June 2009

Manchester United have today confirmed that Carlos Tevez is to leave Old Trafford.

United chief executive David Gill had been in discussions with Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian, with the aim of keeping the popular Argentina star.

But, despite the offer of a lucrative five-year contract that would have made Tevez one of the highest paid players at the club, the South American has decided to leave.

"Following contact received from Carlos Tevez's advisors last night, in advance of the deadline the club set for concluding negotiations, Manchester United announces that Carlos will not be signing a new contract with the club," said a statement released by United this morning.

"The club agreed to pay the option price of £25.5million and offered Carlos a five year contract which would have made him one of its highest paid players.

"Disappointingly however, his advisors informed the club that, despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the club's most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United.

"The club would like to thank Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future."

Despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the club's most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United.

Manchester United statement.

The news will be greeted with dismay by United fans, who have warmed to Tevez's all-action style during a two-year 'loan' spell that has included successive Premier League titles and the UEFA Champions League in 2008.

They had hoped some of the £80million about to be pocketed from Real Madrid for the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo would be used to keep Tevez, who also impressed during a season with West Ham.

However, after declaring earlier this season he was deeply unhappy at a perceived lack of match action - even though he made more appearances than either Wayne Rooney or Dimitar Berbatov, it was always likely the South American would move on.

Tevez is certainly not short of options, with new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti keen to lure the former Boca Juniors star to Stamford Bridge.

Yet Manchester City are the favourites to confirm Tevez's capture, having made Joorabchian an offer said to be well in excess of United's.

As the Blues are on the verge of confirming Roque Santa Cruz's £18million arrival from Blackburn, it would represent a major statement of intent for a club also hoping to tie up the signing of Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfoot...tevez+departure

Don't blame him tbh. Like he said, 'they only seem to want to show me how much they want me when it looks like I'm going to leave'.

They fannied around too much.

man utd are going to regret this one big time. Hes not a prolific goalscorer but his workrate is phenomonal and he has a habit of scoring very important goals. I would take him over that lazy git berbatov anyday. He hasnt done much to justify his price tag at man utd.

Far superior player to Berbatov imo, he's done sweet fa since he went to United and all his goals always seem to be poachers goals when I see them. Always regarded Tevez as a fantastic player and will be missed by United. Tevez and Ronaldo leaving? They'll need some massive signings this Summer.

Tevez isn't 25.5 million pound worth of good.

He's not going to offer Man City anything that Bellamy doesn't already.

Tevez is a far superior striker to Bellamy in every way to be honest. He is a better finisher than Bellamy, offers far more work rate and is more creative. He is also a lot harder for defenders to mark than Bellamy. Bellamy's a good Premier league striker but Tevez IMO is world class and there's a big gap between the two players.

To everybody saying the move is about money - Tevez's agent issued a statement last week which said he felt he was not fairly treated at Man Utd this season in terms of team selection.

This is the reason why he left Man Utd, despite a great relationship with the fans, he was not happy with the staff.

He said he would not go to Liverpool becasue of the passionate rivalry with Man Utd.

That leaves him with the option of Chelsea or Man City, and he'll probably choose city.

Maybe partly down to a bigger wage but more like because of being guranteed first team football, not needing to move house and he may not want to move to Chelsea who are direct rivals of Man Utd for the title.

Tevez is a far superior striker to Bellamy in every way to be honest. He is a better finisher than Bellamy, offers far more work rate and is more creative. He is also a lot harder for defenders to mark than Bellamy. Bellamy's a good Premier league striker but Tevez IMO is world class and there's a big gap between the two players.

Yeh, that is a crazy statement. Bellamy is a really good striker,but even ignoring the fact that he is constantly injured, he's not in the same league as Tevez.

I still think Man City need another class striker who is more of a target man if they are going to challenge the top four. It could be Eto'o which would mean they could play Eto'o up top with Tevez and Robhino off him in a 4-3-3.

EDIT: Just remembered they've bought Santa Cruz. Bit of a gamble at £18m IMO not sure if he is good enough but Hughes has worked with him before and clearly rates him.

When I proposed Rangers sign him with a sneaky 5M bid 3 years ago following the WC, I was laughed out of town by everyone who saw him as 15M+ easily.

And that was before these stupid fees began to kick in.

You absolutely know that's not true.

Bellamy's a great player with fantastic pace, and one I'd take in a heartbeat at Ibrox, but you're spot on to say Tevez is considerably better. Tevez' work ethic is superb - he's a world class version of Novo.

Bellamy's a great player with fantastic pace, and one I'd take in a heartbeat at Ibrox, but you're spot on to say Tevez is considerably better. Tevez' work ethic is superb - he's a world class version of Novo.

That's a great analogy (tu) , I really think he'll be a fantastic signing for Manchester City and he won't shirk his duties during tough away games which some of their players did this year.

That's a great analogy (tu) , I really think he'll be a fantastic signing for Manchester City and he won't shirk his duties during tough away games which some of their players did this year.

Yup - Robinho has been very hit and miss. I really like him but he has been poor at times away from home. But for at least half the season he very much justified his price tag with some utterly fantastic displays.

The guy's not a former Real Madrid and current Brazil #1 choice for nothing.

Yup - Robinho has been very hit and miss. I really like him but he has been poor at times away from home. But for at least half the season he very much justified his price tag with some utterly fantastic displays.

The guy's not a former Real Madrid and current Brazil #1 choice for nothing.

He's a very talented but horifically inconsistent footballer, hopefully he'll learn something from the hard graft and never say die attitude that Tevez shows.