Would U!

Obviosly we never accept second place however, if the manger, chairman and his pups were honets with us and said ( look we are not signing anyone becuase we have great talent that need to come thorugh and the time is now to give it its chance, IE, Wilson in for weir, Fleck in for fergie, Furman, Little, Wylde will be the only new signings!) then these players develop over the year, we lose the league but end up in 2 - 3 years time with one hell of a team! wld we accept that?

Am half canned by the way?

no by all means bring in the yougsters but not at the cost of costing us the league or progress in cups one or two at a time never whole sale changes like this reads

Not in this league, but if others were stronger and not just us and them I believe we could. Unfortunately it wont be the case. Sir Alex had plenty of time to build his team as they all knew that Liverpool and Arsenal where strong teams at the time along with spurs etc. So if that was the case here in Scotland then maybe it would work.

What a joke of a question,accepting 2nd to that lot,get tae fuck

thats the point though

lately (and quite rightly) we have put "beating THEM" above everything and anything

now that we have why not take time to build a future with the youths we have coming through

heres a better way to put the OP's question

if it was guaranteed that we would build a good youthful team, would you happily give up 2 or 3 titles for a 6-9 year period of domination akin to man united in england

mind that the only 2 times that man u have looked vunerable is when chelsea SPENT to win the league

What a joke of a question,accepting 2nd to that lot,get tae fuck

thats the point though

lately (and quite rightly) we have put "beating THEM" above everything and anything

now that we have why not take time to build a future with the youths we have coming through

heres a better way to put the OP's question

if it was guaranteed that we would build a good youthful team, would you happily give up 2 or 3 titles for a 6-9 year period of domination akin to man united in england

mind that the only 2 times that man u have looked vunerable is when chelsea SPENT to win the league

No i would still never ever give them titles/throw away titles,we can still win titles without this way.

Youngsters blooded sensibly in their right positions when appropriate is the answer. It can be done, but I am not sure if walter is the man to do it. keeping an open mind to see what happens over the Summer.

Why should we accept second best. We are the the Famous Glasgow Rangers , the most sucessful club in the world. Second place isnt for us, its for the manky mob

The main point is, we cannot afford to lose the league from a financial perspective, we would be handing Timmy millions in extra revenue while we got hee haw. Man U could do it cause there is much more money kicking around in England and during a time when English teams were banned from Europe, now Europe is a must. Its imperative we win the league every season!

Still maintain the best way is to use the young ones in the CIS cup mainly and the best of the bunch move into the league team.

Obviosly we never accept second place however, if the manger, chairman and his pups were honets with us and said ( look we are not signing anyone becuase we have great talent that need to come thorugh and the time is now to give it its chance, IE, Wilson in for weir, Fleck in for fergie, Furman, Little, Wylde will be the only new signings!) then these players develop over the year, we lose the league but end up in 2 - 3 years time with one hell of a team! wld we accept that?

As half canned you are & preposerous the idea sounds.........

I think if Watty gave the young'uns a shout (from the start) this season and we failed, most bears would stand by his decision to give them a shout.

9:38pm & I finished up today for 3 weeks holiday; I;m half canned too.

WA(F)TP

Emjoy my fellow bear

Rangers should never even contemplate accepting second place, that position should always be Timmy's.

There are 2 cup competitions in which to blood our youngsters and perhaps the best performers in those games could be given a chance in SPL. Other than this, the league should be our priority as well as keeping the filth in their proper place.

No - any Rangers manager trying that would be CRUCIFIED - we target 1st all the time - thats why any manager at Rangers will have a hard time developing youth - they will only get a game if they are good enough! I have said this before Walter (and any Rangers manager) is basically only judged on ONE thing, LEAGUE position. Yes we may want more flair, yes we may want youth BUT what we really (really) want is 1st place - EVERY year!

Daft question mate, people wont even accept these lads playing in the diddy cup :rolleyes: