Furman

nvager

I believe he has been offered a new contract by Rangers but has yet to sign it.

If he does sign on will he get a chance to establish himself next season? I think he is talented and could do well especially with all our injuries.

I dont know. Hard to judge, but, I find it interesting that everyone rates him highly, when, the only basis can be reserve football and Bradford! Do we think that this is the same level as Rangers 1st team? Or is it perhaps, to compare to a player in a similar position, Adam, who has just come back after a highly successful loan spell at a similar level (yet, strangely is being claimed he "found his level"), is it because he hasnt had enough first team appearances to put in a couple of bad games yet?

He does need a chance. No player can walk into the team from the reserves and establish himself straight away and needs a few games to get a chance. If he has potential then he needs to get a few games. Hope Smith will give him a go

I dont know. Hard to judge, but, I find it interesting that everyone rates him highly, when, the only basis can be reserve football and Bradford! Do we think that this is the same level as Rangers 1st team? Or is it perhaps, to compare to a player in a similar position, Adam, who has just come back after a highly successful loan spell at a similar level (yet, strangely is being claimed he "found his level"), is it because he hasnt had enough first team appearances to put in a couple of bad games yet?

I judged him on a game he played vs DU a couple of seasons ago.

Only time i have seen Furman was the last before last in the Dundee Utd game at Ibrox when we won 3-2. I don't think he got on the ball much i'm not sure, but i remember him wanting it, shouting for it, begging for it almost. You don't see that from a lot of youngsters. Sometimes the shy away, but not him.

I hope he signs on (tu) (at Rangers, not the Social :craphead:)

All I know is he played well for Bradford in league 2, but surely that isn't anything to go by??

Never seen him play for the reserves of gers...

Say he's played one game for Rangers, but I can't remeber that?

He's been an unused sub for South Africa...

No idea how good he is TBH

Everytime I seen him play in the reserves I was impressed. Most of the play went through him and he's a good passer of the ball.

That being said it is hard to judge someone from the reserves.

All I know is he played well for Bradford in league 2, but surely that isn't anything to go by??

As far as I know; Fan's player of the year. They all adore him on the Bradford forums. It's not exactly like he just fitted in to the team down there.

Seen him for the reserves but only on rangers tv, seems to me he had a great eye for a pass, nice turn of pace and never tired of wanting or demanding the ball. Has a very good touch and looks a classy young player. Only thing is he's quite slight in build but that shouldn't stop him. Also has a very good sense of position about him.

Scouting Report end...that sounded quite good for me that did.

Everybody has to start somewhere.

I completely agree.

My statement wasn't meant to take anything away from his achievements, I was just saying it's hard to judge if he is good enough to play for Rangers first team from good performances at an English league two team. I garee with the majority in that he deserves a chance, maybe CIS cup etc.

well i live in bradford now and go to watch city, and all i can say is that dean furman has the potential to be a classy midfielder. as long as he keeps progressing and getting first team games i can see him in the rangers first team at some point