Does ibrox need a bigger capacity?

we outgrew ibrox back in 2000, thats when we should have expanded instead we bought hendry, flo, konterman and the rest......... doh

of course it should be bigger, it SHOULD be the biggest arena in the country

anyone who says it should not be bigger are either tims or have no ambiton and pretty much like being 2nd best! :P i mean who WOULDNT want a bigger stadia? :2gunsfiring_v1:

were maybe not in the right hands just now to progress and show ambition, we may have to wait till the Chairman is gone or someone helps him with cash.

;)

Ive always known The Gers to be Number 1 at everything, the very best, god knows what has happened over the last 9 years!!!!! Someone has made a right c*nt of us.

Eh, but we dont fill the stadium now tho....

That's because we're pish. We still get a good 47/48,000 through most weeks. If we improved then we would easily sell out a 60,000 seater.

Lets do that first then eh?

imo, as i have stated already we need investmennt and long term plans none of this lets get the team sorted now, am not sure if noone has noticed but rangers have been on the go for over a hundred and twenty five years, and we will be around for another 125 years a larger stadia means spending money in the short term, and if a rangers fan is truly a fan winning every year isnt necessary as you know your team will be back and its the club you support not the trophys, yeah am taking a dig at every glory hunter on here who'd moan and complain all year round and then drop the club if they got relegated!!!! you know who you are.... anyway bigger stadium means more revenue i ddit he sums before and we can fill it evey week just too expensive more seats is cheaper so more fans will come...

if you build it.... they will come, i knwo bad kevin costner film but to be fair am right

Ok, assuming we wouldn't be left with a 3/4 full stadium for a moment. Where are we gettin the £10-20m to bring you dream to reality.

you think it costs that much to build extensions onto a stadium now your dreaming, its an investment you pay it up, and make capitol gains on it, why is evreyone opposed to expanding the stadium, its a natural progression, sure you say we cant fill just now, but who wants to pay the money that we're charging???

as i said before more seats means cheaper prices meand more fans every week = money back

If you think a stadium restructure wouldn't cost over £10m then you're dreaming.

What, rip out the screens and fill the corners? Or put another tier on the Govan? We almost sold Krissy Boyd to pay the 'leccy a couple of months ago. <cr>

With the quite public financial problems we've had recently what bank in its right mind would lend us £m's? Or which builder would give us a line of credit to that level?

If we're going to spend money we dont have lets spend it on the squad, not on more empty seats.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bigger ground makes sense, when the clubs finances are in a more healthy state. Until then it cannot happen. Rangers could fill a 60,000 ground many times in a season, but the cost of changes to the stadium is well beyond the clubs means at present.

we outgrew ibrox back in 2000, thats when we should have expanded instead we bought hendry, flo, konterman and the rest......... doh

anyone who says it should not be bigger are either tims or have no ambiton and pretty much like being 2nd best! :P i mean who WOULDNT want a bigger stadia? :2gunsfiring_v1:

were maybe not in the right hands just now to progress and show ambition, we may have to wait till the Chairman is gone or someone helps him with cash.

;)

Ive always known The Gers to be Number 1 at everything, the very best, god knows what has happened over the last 9 years!!!!! Someone has made a right c*nt of us.

That's because we're pish. We still get a good 47/48,000 through most weeks. If we improved then we would easily sell out a 60,000 seater.

imo, as i have stated already we need investmennt and long term plans none of this lets get the team sorted now, am not sure if noone has noticed but rangers have been on the go for over a hundred and twenty five years, and we will be around for another 125 years a larger stadia means spending money in the short term, and if a rangers fan is truly a fan winning every year isnt necessary as you know your team will be back and its the club you support not the trophys, yeah am taking a dig at every glory hunter on here who'd moan and complain all year round and then drop the club if they got relegated!!!! you know who you are.... anyway bigger stadium means more revenue i ddit he sums before and we can fill it evey week just too expensive more seats is cheaper so more fans will come...

if you build it.... they will come, i knwo bad kevin costner film but to be fair am right

Ok, assuming we wouldn't be left with a 3/4 full stadium for a moment. Where are we gettin the £10-20m to bring you dream to reality.

you think it costs that much to build extensions onto a stadium now your dreaming, its an investment you pay it up, and make capitol gains on it, why is evreyone opposed to expanding the stadium, its a natural progression, sure you say we cant fill just now, but who wants to pay the money that we're charging???

as i said before more seats means cheaper prices meand more fans every week = money back

If you think a stadium restructure wouldn't cost over £10m then you're dreaming.

What, rip out the screens and fill the corners? Or put another tier on the Govan? We almost sold Krissy Boyd to pay the 'leccy a couple of months ago. <cr>

With the quite public financial problems we've had recently what bank in its right mind would lend us £m's? Or which builder would give us a line of credit to that level?

If we're going to spend money we dont have lets spend it on the squad, not on more empty seats.

me and you would be better discussing this in an 8 hour pubs conversation which this is turning into, but i believe spending money to make money makes more sense than gambling on a player who is shit!!! or as we always claim them to be shit unless they score 8 against celtic in a season. and am talking bout lower admission for people look at barca they have cheap seats in the gods that are always filled out because they are cheap and empty ones closer to the pitch. i only know this from visiting them during a game and seeing it... they played a lower team that wasnt the likes of real of atlectico, am just making a point you dont like it fine, builders would give credit if we use the polish :P

;)

me and you would be better discussing this in an 8 hour pubs conversation which this is turning into, but i believe spending money to make money makes more sense than gambling on a player who is shit!!! or as we always claim them to be shit unless they score 8 against celtic in a season. and am talking bout lower admission for people look at barca they have cheap seats in the gods that are always filled out because they are cheap and empty ones closer to the pitch. i only know this from visiting them during a game and seeing it... they played a lower team that wasnt the likes of real of atlectico, am just making a point you dont like it fine, builders would give credit if we use the polish :P

On the trophy? ;)