Champions league next season

will people stop being so FUCKING NEGATIVE about our chances

everyone is saying the team will be cannon fodder, humped everygame etc etc

now if im not mistaken the current first team is better than the one last season in the champs league and look how we played as a team back then

next season (with everyone fit) what i expect to see is edu AND thommo sitting in front of back 4, with mendes davis and a.n.other as a 3 man mid behind the front man of miller

boyd wont get a game unless were winning, playing cannon fodder 4th seeds at home or desperate for a goal

if we play as a team then theres no telling what surprises we can spring in the champs league

SO CHIN UP FOLKS, NIGHTS LIKE LYON AWAY COULD HAPPEN AGAIN

:gerbad::gerbad::gerbad:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're in the CL and we'll enjoy it regardless :D

We should always be aiming to qualify. Will be a different story if we get Manchester United, Real Madrid and Wolfsburg in our group! ;)

(that's possible!)

All going well, getting a bit of luck in the draw I am hopeful we can challenge to reach the last 16.

As Jadams says, that is the group we do not want.

But we do have a better squad now than we did last season when reaching Uefa Cup Final.

The minimum expectation I think is third place but the Last 16 is possible.

No point going into these games shiting yourself, any pro worth his salt should look forward to the challenge of proving themselves against the best opposition.

We all seem to base our chances on how we play in the SPL, which in my opinion, the powers that be and referees are happy to allow the more skillful players to be used as target practice for the hatchet throwers and cavemen who masquerade as football players.

We have shown [albeit in glimpses] that when we get the ball on the deck that we can play a decent game, and in the CL you are allowed that little bit more freedom to express yourself, not saying it's slow but the referees do clamp down more on the dirty tackles, so if we can get our tactics right and get a reasonable draw I like to think possitive and would be over the moon if we can get to the last 16, but being realistic I think, even not knowing who we face yet I believe we are competing for third place, and at this point in time that would keep me happy knowing we'd still be in Europe.

No chance we will finish with 0 points. I expect a couple of home wins with maybe an away win. I wouldn't mind seeing:

--------------Alexander

Whittaker - Weir - Bougherra - Papac

--------------Edu--Thomson------------

Davis---------Mendes--------Aaron----

-------------Miller/Lafferty-------------

No point in being negative about it as I'm sure we can get a few good results.

What I would ask though is, would you rather finish 3rd in the group and then have a really good chance of going on a good run in the UEFA(Europa) cup or finish second, and struggle to get beyond the next game?????

Sorry to be a bit negative, but come on, realistically we wont win the champions league but have a decent chance as we proved recently of claiming the Europa!

What I would ask though is, would you rather finish 3rd in the group and then have a really good chance of going on a good run in the UEFA(Europa) cup or finish second, and struggle to get beyond the next game?????

Sorry to be a bit negative, but come on, realistically we wont win the champions league but have a decent chance as we proved recently of claiming the Europa!

GET OUT!!

:lol: kidding mate, but thats what we have to think about now, a chance of getting past or into the last 16 of the champions league, in todays terms is a better acheivement than getting a decent run in the europa league( unless we get to the final of course :pipe: )

GET OUT!!

:lol: kidding mate, but thats what we have to think about now, a chance of getting past or into the last 16 of the champions league, in todays terms is a better acheivement than getting a decent run in the europa league( unless we get to the final of course :pipe: )

I know, there is no doubt in todays terms the last 16 of the CL is more prestigious. But a chance at a European trophy is very tempting.

to be honest mat id prefer the europa cup run, but at least we'll have finished 3rd in our group and beaten someone

you'd think from reading the posts in bears den that the current squad is going to lose 3-0 in every fucking game

Im just concerned about the lack of competition for places with the squad getting cut to an all time low

It will mean we will have more milkers because the dont have competition for thier place

The best we can hope for is maybe 1 or 2? draws at home but that will be them busting a gut if Smith can get them to do that

To be honest I expect the worst

No, the best we can hope for is six wins.

(tu)

May be very unlikely but should be going into these things with a positive attitude.

Of course we have to be positive but in reality we dont have the squad for a decent challenge

A lot of us seem to think we are world beaters sice we won the double, I think our cocky attitude might backfire on us just like Kanuas

No, the best we can hope for is six wins.

(tu)

May be very unlikely but should be going into these things with a positive attitude.

Of course we have to be positive but in reality we dont have the squad for a decent challenge

A lot of us seem to think we are world beaters sice we won the double, I think our cocky attitude might backfire on us just like Kanuas

Every post I've seen of yours this morning is criticising Rangers or bigging up Celtic.

Still hurting are we?