Is money ruining football?

Real Madrid in some senses perhaps isn't surprising but i hate it when a club like Man City is suddenly able to spend fortunes because a bunch of Arabs decided to take over.

It's not just transfer fees but the wages are getting ridiculous as well, 300k a week is being mentioned for John Terry at City ffs.

Real Madrid in some senses perhaps isn't surprising but i hate it when a club like Man City is suddenly able to spend fortunes because a bunch of Arabs decided to take over.

It's not just transfer fees but the wages are getting ridiculous as well, 300k a week is being mentioned for John Terry at City ffs.

Did anyone manage to see Piers Morgan in Dubai?

I watched it on the way to the Dominican where he spoke to Sheikh Mansour and to say that £300k a week is 'nothing' to this man is an understatement.

He's currently building the biggest structure on the planet (a tower over 1 km high) and an amusement park that's bigger than Birmingham.

Did anyone manage to see Piers Morgan in Dubai?

I watched it on the way to the Dominican where he spoke to Sheikh Mansour and to say that £300k a week is 'nothing' to this man is an understatement.

He's currently building the biggest structure on the planet (a tower over 1 km high) and an amusement park that's bigger than Birmingham.

Bloody hell.

its cringeworthy at times

Tevez is all about money, hes never going to win anything at Man City

who is Mark hughes planning on playing up front.......

Santa Cruz, Robinho, Tevez, Bellamy, Bojinov, Benjani, Caicedo, Evans and possibly Adebayor

not a proven goalscorer between them

I've been on RM for a few years now and I must admit, this season's transfer window has - so far - been absolutely ridiculous.

I've seen it as a good thing that Madrid have spent so much in order to provide much needed competition domestically and in Europe, but some of the other deals have been incredible.

£80m for one player is still amazing. The fact that £50m is required to become Real president in the first place ruled out most of Perez' competition, including Juan Onieva, Eugenio Martinez Bravo and Eduardo Garcia.

Even the more popular posse of former players, led by Manolo Sanchis couldn't compete with Perez, himself one of Europe's ten richest men.

Man City's deal for Tevez, their proposed deal for Adebayor and even Rennes' €11m move for Ismael Bangoura have also raised eyebrows.

Now I remember most of what the members I respect highly say, and so far this year I've seen a couple of things that have made me think. As early as Kaka's proposed transfer to Madrid was rumoured, Danny wrote off 99.9% of footballers as untrustworthy Judases, while Muff has recently commented that money is 'killing his enjoyment'.

Can we argue with them? I actually don't think we can.

I honestly have no problem with Madrid's spending power as it's out of our league anyway - it's the diddy teams like Burnley, Bolton and Birminghams of this world that annoy me.

The fact that Rangers (and Celtic, begrudgingly) cannot compete with these clubs is tragic. I have no idea where this is going to end and I worry that the bubble will need to burst in Britain first, which could have a terrible knock-on effect for Rangers.

I want my beautiful game back :(

is that you just realizing

I honestly have no problem with Madrid's spending power as it's out of our league anyway - it's the diddy teams like Burnley, Bolton and Birminghams of this world that annoy me.

And the fact that Hibs can get £3 million for Steven Fletcher, but there's talks of us accepting a £5.5 million bid for Bougherra. :anguish:

And the fact that Hibs can get £3 million for Steven Fletcher, but there's talks of us accepting a £5.5 million bid for Bougherra. :anguish:

ano whats that about bougherra should be worth 7 million min

I've been on RM for a few years now and I must admit, this season's transfer window has - so far - been absolutely ridiculous.

I've seen it as a good thing that Madrid have spent so much in order to provide much needed competition domestically and in Europe, but some of the other deals have been incredible.

£80m for one player is still amazing. The fact that £50m is required to become Real president in the first place ruled out most of Perez' competition, including Juan Onieva, Eugenio Martinez Bravo and Eduardo Garcia.

Even the more popular posse of former players, led by Manolo Sanchis couldn't compete with Perez, himself one of Europe's ten richest men.

Man City's deal for Tevez, their proposed deal for Adebayor and even Rennes' €11m move for Ismael Bangoura have also raised eyebrows.

Now I remember most of what the members I respect highly say, and so far this year I've seen a couple of things that have made me think. As early as Kaka's proposed transfer to Madrid was rumoured, Danny wrote off 99.9% of footballers as untrustworthy Judases, while Muff has recently commented that money is 'killing his enjoyment'.

Can we argue with them? I actually don't think we can.

The fact that Rangers (and Celtic, begrudgingly) cannot compete with these clubs is tragic. I have no idea where this is going to end and I worry that the bubble will need to burst in Britain first, which could have a terrible knock-on effect for Rangers.

I want my beautiful game back :(

is that you just realizing

haha nice one greame :L

Not even that mate, I wouldn't let anyone touch him with a barge pole for no less then 10 million. He's far too important to the team to sell for such a pishy fee.

No

I like big money moves it excites me.

Plus when real buy a player for £80 million they dont actually realise how much it is becuase its just numbers from one back account to another.

<cr>

I think they're perfectly well aware of the value of £80m for a footballer.

It is fantasy land stuff. Millions are unemployed and footballers are demanding incredible wages for playing a game and some are not that good anyway - way overrated.

It is a sad reflection on society's values in my opinion.

I can see the bubble bursting in England with Sky at some point and that may do Rangers a good turn.

Not even that mate, I wouldn't let anyone touch him with a barge pole for no less then 10 million. He's far too important to the team to sell for such a pishy fee.

good point

Yes money HAS ruined football.

When you see players earning money in one week that would take a normal worker such as a factory worker to earn over a period of 15 years is just fuckin ridiculous!

Yes money HAS ruined football.

When you see players earning money in one week that would take a normal worker such as a factory worker to earn over a period of 15 years is just fuckin ridiculous!

Yes, but there are thousands and thousands of people that are willing to shell out their money to watch these guys play football in person, on tv, and buy merchandise, etc. Nobody is willing to do that to a factory work.