The Catalan Project

brissyger

I was kind of bored with FM and had lots of time on my hands today so I decided to create Catalonia as a playable nation. This is the process I used to do this in case anybody else wanted a guide to creating a nation.

1. First I changed the country C.I.S into Catalonia. C.I.S is the Commonwealth of International Soviets or something of the like. Unlike Yugoslavia and U.S.S.R it's not in any of the competition histories either so it is an ideal choice. I obviously changed the name and made it a full FIFA member as well as making Barcelona the capital and the Camp Nou the national stadium.

2. I found a map of major settlements in Catalonia and went into the database and changed their nation from Spain to Catalonia.

3. I then filtered the "People" search engine by birth city using the cities I'd just changed to Catalan and started the long and arduous task of changing each player born in these cities nationality from Spain to Catalonia. I was going to do staff as well but there were over 300 players in Barcelona alone and my patience had worn thin.

4. Although I'm fairly certain since Barcelona the city is listed as Catalan the regens for Barcelona FC should begin to be Catalan and not Spanish I was still worried this may not be the case. So I went and changed every Catalan club in the Spanish leagues from Spanish to Catalan. They are still playable in the Spanish league so you can still play as Barcelona FC or RCD Espanyol.

5. After starting the game up I realised that my nation had been added to UEFA as well and so I decided to make an unplayable Catalan league. I did this by selecting the defunct Soviet competitions and changing the nationality. I then got all the Catalan teams that play in Spanish 3rd divison (which is the first unplayable division in Spain) and lower and changed their league to the Soviet leagues that I'd just renamed. It doesn't start immediately but a year into your game you should start getting Catalan teams playing in the Champions League and UEFA Cup qualifiers. They of course are pretty shit teams but you could jack up their reputations, training and youth facilities and give them some cash in the editor and I'm sure 10 years down the track they'd start to appear in the group stages of the CL. I decided against putting teams like Barcelona, Espanyol and other higher league Catalan teams in this league, one because it requires readjusting the entire Spanish league system, and two because they would then be unplayable. If you don't care about playing as these teams though you could edit a bit further and add the stronger teams to the Catalan League. They come under the title Catalunya in my database if you wish to do this.

So this is how it turned out. I'm currently ranked 202 in the world. Thanks to the timing I got put into the World Cup Qualifiers which was a pleasant surprise.

Catalonia2.jpg

As you can see my group isn't too difficult. Italy will be a challenge but I think I should be able to beat Ireland to 2nd spot and hopefully qualify for the World Cup and cruise up the rankings. Here's the team I can currently field

Catalonia1.jpg

Anyone who wants to give this a go here is a download link

Catalonia

I done this once but made Pays-Basque instead, aslong as you make the clubs then they enter Europe and everything and the good thing about Basque is you don't have to change anything else because people already have it as a second nation.

I was kind of bored with FM and had lots of time on my hands today so I decided to create Catalonia as a playable nation. This is the process I used to do this in case anybody else wanted a guide to creating a nation.

1. First I changed the country C.I.S into Catalonia. C.I.S is the Commonwealth of International Soviets or something of the like. Unlike Yugoslavia and U.S.S.R it's not in any of the competition histories either so it is an ideal choice. I obviously changed the name and made it a full FIFA member as well as making Barcelona the capital and the Camp Nou the national stadium.

2. I found a map of major settlements in Catalonia and went into the database and changed their nation from Spain to Catalonia.

3. I then filtered the "People" search engine by birth city using the cities I'd just changed to Catalan and started the long and arduous task of changing each player born in these cities nationality from Spain to Catalonia. I was going to do staff as well but there were over 300 players in Barcelona alone and my patience had worn thin.

4. Although I'm fairly certain since Barcelona the city is listed as Catalan the regens for Barcelona FC should begin to be Catalan and not Spanish I was still worried this may not be the case. So I went and changed every Catalan club in the Spanish leagues from Spanish to Catalan. They are still playable in the Spanish league so you can still play as Barcelona FC or RCD Espanyol.

5. After starting the game up I realised that my nation had been added to UEFA as well and so I decided to make an unplayable Catalan league. I did this by selecting the defunct Soviet competitions and changing the nationality. I then got all the Catalan teams that play in Spanish 3rd divison (which is the first unplayable division in Spain) and lower and changed their league to the Soviet leagues that I'd just renamed. It doesn't start immediately but a year into your game you should start getting Catalan teams playing in the Champions League and UEFA Cup qualifiers. They of course are pretty shit teams but you could jack up their reputations, training and youth facilities and give them some cash in the editor and I'm sure 10 years down the track they'd start to appear in the group stages of the CL. I decided against putting teams like Barcelona, Espanyol and other higher league Catalan teams in this league, one because it requires readjusting the entire Spanish league system, and two because they would then be unplayable. If you don't care about playing as these teams though you could edit a bit further and add the stronger teams to the Catalan League. They come under the title Catalunya in my database if you wish to do this.

So this is how it turned out. I'm currently ranked 202 in the world. Thanks to the timing I got put into the World Cup Qualifiers which was a pleasant surprise.

Catalonia2.jpg

As you can see my group isn't too difficult. Italy will be a challenge but I think I should be able to beat Ireland to 2nd spot and hopefully qualify for the World Cup and cruise up the rankings. Here's the team I can currently field

Catalonia1.jpg

Anyone who wants to give this a go here is a download link

Catalonia

I'm gonna go do one of these things now.... for Rangers...