ESPN will launch today at 8pm

Boab

On Virgin Media anyway, the XL customer get it free, Golf at the moment with classic EPL tonight, tho scrolling down on the remote I'm looking forward to the el-classico duel program tomoro at 10am.

On Virgin Media anyway, the XL customer get it free, Golf at the moment with classic EPL tonight, tho scrolling down on the remote I'm looking forward to the el-classico duel program tomoro at 10am.

Cheers Boab, I'll update my box now and hopefully pick it up.

Cheers Boab, I'll update my box now and hopefully pick it up.

Your welcome, the TV guide menu on the screen is a bit wonky tho.

ESPN, the US broadcaster who has bought the rights to the SPL, goes live across Britain today.

And those in charge have promised that there will be no "Americanism" used when discussing Scottish football.

The network will use British commentators and have promised to copy previous formats that have been used to cover the SPL.

"We think about being locally relevant," said Russell Wolff, vice-president and managing director of ESPN International.

"The last thing we want is for people to go, Oh, American sports media company.' "We want them to go, Hey, that's my sports channel, in my country.'"

ESPN has the rights to show 46 live Premiership matches and the new channel launches with Everton v Arsenal on August 15 the first game to be screened.

"This is one of the biggest challenges we've faced," said Wolff.

"We were starting from zero, no rights, no on-air talents, rebranding, affiliate deals, sponsorship, and going from zero to 100 mph in eight weeks."

Ray Stubbs has been poached from the BBC to co-host broadcasts with Rebecca Lowe, who was at Setanta.

The commentary team will include Derek Rae, the Scot who worked on ESPN's football coverage in the US for the last 12 years and Jon Champion, while Craig Burley is expected to be offered a role in the SPL coverage.

However, Wolff is aware that ESPN, 80% owned by the Walt Disney Company, will still have to overcome a perception that an American network is unfit to muscle in on a British game.

"I am sensitive to it," he said.

"We will ensure that we treat this with the same respect that we've done everywhere we've gone in the world."

Publication date 03/08/09

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2523660.0.0.php

i'm still updating my dodgy box. Hope it picks it up

Bit shite though that we are the champions and our 1st match aint on TV. It should be so we can see the league champions play the first game in defense of the title.

Just phoned up and got the VIP package on Virgin Media, £86 a month, free V+ box, and another standard box for another room, 10MB broadband, Ult Lan calls, Sky Sports, Sky movies free wireless router :D

What channel is it on Virgin?

529/30/31/33 (tu)

Enjoy Arsenal vs Leicester from 97 right now on Classic!

Was that Bergkamp's goal? :praise:

How are you getting that? I just have a big ESPN logo saying that it'll start at 8pm tonight.

I'm watching baseball on ESPN America, god knows how the scoring works :lol:

It's bollocks isn't it? Yet I can't turn off because it's sport on tv... :lol: