Lafferty / Loovens / McDonald Disciplinary Hearings

Chef

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they didn't come down as hard as they could have on Lafferty, to me if they wanted to appease the Mhedia I would have expected a minimum of a 3 match ban and I was secretly worried it was going to be worse than that in all honesty. :D

True, but he so far has still got the worse deal by a mile considering what the outcomes could have been for Edu (season ending injury) or the sheepshagegr (rescinded red card).

That's a problem with the system though, there is such an emphasis on wiping out simulation in the game unless someone flies into a tackle with both feet up and studs showing then those that dive or pull the type of stunt that Lafferty did to get a player sent of are currently going to receive the most severe sentence.

Of course it's a problem with the system, but as long as we, Rangers et al accept it, it'll never change. It needs to change so that violent tackles and assaults on the pitch are seen as a greater problem/breaching of rules than someone taking a dive. Only when this sort of thing goes against Celtic, then will there be a media outcry.

It's got nothing to do with us, it is a UEFA/FIFA directive to drive out the simulation and it applies to all leagues and competitions.

So diving is now worse than trying to injure a player?

Odd. Very odd.

I hope Edu destroys his ligaments in the next game then, it'd be worth a one match ban if that really IS the going rate (tu)

No no no, PG, it's only a one-match ban if you're a Sellic player, then your intentions are whiter than white and it was just a leg spasm that nearly ended Edu's season. Had that been Edu on Loovens, it'd have been a sine-die, you know that.

mikoliunas got two games, no reason to think lafferty will get more than that.

i expect Mcdonald to get 1 game but Loovens may be the most harshly punished of the lot...and quite rightly so.

I'd be willing to bet against that.

I think they'll come down on Lafferty to appease the outraged mhedia.

How much did we say again? ;)

Well if reports are true then Lafferty did only get a two game ban, so doesn't that mean you lost? :P

Loovens was not the most harshly treated.

As i suspected, lafferty was.

It's got nothing to do with us, it is a UEFA/FIFA directive to drive out the simulation and it applies to all leagues and competitions.

But once the mighty Scottish mhedia gets a hold of it, Nuremberg Keevins and the likes will be marching on Nyon to get things changed and the nasty h*** punished, while aggressive wee scamps Brown, Loovens and the rest will be fine.

I don't understand why Darren Dods isn't up infront of the committe. Is it because he was booked during the game?

I though his tackle on Edu was an absolute shocker, he lunged in two footed and it did result in an injury which has kept him out for a significant spell.

Because the title was supposed to distract us from any attempts at GBH. The arrogance/bias from the SFA/SPL never ceases to amaze.

But once the mighty Scottish mhedia gets a hold of it, Nuremberg Keevins and the likes will be marching on Nyon to get things changed and the nasty h*** punished, while aggressive wee scamps Brown, Loovens and the rest will be fine.

Why would they change something that has worked to their advantage as Loovens only got a one match ban? <cr>

Sometimes I find this sort of paranoia laughable, no disrespect mate, if you're one of those folks who go onto the scummy boards to see what they're saying, they'll probably be saying that Loovens shouldn't have received anything, and Lafferty got of lightly and it's all a conspiracy against them! :craphead:

i expect Mcdonald to get 1 game but Loovens may be the most harshly punished of the lot...and quite rightly so.

Well if reports are true then Lafferty did only get a two game ban, so doesn't that mean you lost? :P

I suppose it's the way you read it :)

I don't understand why Darren Dods isn't up infront of the committe. Is it because he was booked during the game?

I though his tackle on Edu was an absolute shocker, he lunged in two footed and it did result in an injury which has kept him out for a significant spell.

Actually that's a bloody good question, booking or no booking the referee could have looked at the video and said maybe he should have received a more severe punishment and had him dragged in front of the discipline committee as well.

Proper answer to the regs I think is something along the lines of: If the ref had punished a player on the pitch (i.e the yellow card) then he would have the final say if further action would have to be taken.

Two examples are Boughie and the sheep shagger, both given straight reds, but the ref decided it was too severe so the SFA disciplinary board rescinded it.

I suppose it's the way you read it :)

Nope. You're wrong. :pipe:

Why would they change something that has worked to their advantage as Loovens only got a one match ban? <cr>

Sometimes I find this sort of paranoia laughable, no disrespect mate, if you're one of those folks who go onto the scummy boards to see what they're saying, they'll probably be saying that Loovens shouldn't have received anything, and Lafferty got of lightly and it's all a conspiracy against them! :craphead:

I was saying if it was the other way around the mhedia would be up in arms that Edu would get away with a one game and Loovens hit with two. I wouldn't say it's paranoia but after seeing the way we're always pegged as the bad guys and Celtic as the saviours of Scottish Football, it irritates me so much that I'm just used to expecting the worst case because it'll eventually happen imo. I can think of many examples about how we're the bad guys and that lot are the saints - Savulle vs Manchester, Famine Song/TBB vs IRA songs etc.

Edit: When it's usually we're just as bad as that lot most of the time, and they're worse than us a lot of the time as well.

I was saying if it was the other way around the mhedia would be up in arms that Edu would get away with a one game and Loovens hit with two. I wouldn't say it's paranoia but after seeing the way we're always pegged as the bad guys and Celtic as the saviours of Scottish Football, it irritates me so much that I'm just used to expecting the worst case because it'll eventually happen imo. I can think of many examples about how we're the bad guys and that lot are the saints - Savulle vs Manchester, Famine Song/TBB vs IRA songs etc.

My apologies, mis-read what you were trying to say, our time will come.

We are the people - Keep Believing

(tu) Yup, can't wait for the day when the penny drops and that lot are outed as the cunts that they are. THe day when the mhedia turns on them, the east end of Glasgow will go up in a riot. It'd be hard to tell though if it did, could be a riot, could be a timmy wedding. Still gonna end up with 400 dead.

(tu) Yup, can't wait for the day when the penny drops and that lot are outed as the cunts that they are. THe day when the mhedia turns on them, the east end of Glasgow will go up in a riot. It'd be hard to tell though if it did, could be a riot, could be a timmy wedding. Still gonna end up with 400 dead.

:scot:

Or they find out the dole office is shut, and the off license has ran out of Buckie.

Usual outcome from the sfa, full of wee cunts wie chips on their shoulders that hate the Gers, but it's our own fault we don't fight back and kick fcuk out them often enough. the scum do it so the sfa are scared of them. Over to you minty ! :sherlock:

its a witch hunt for mcdonald and loovens. just proves to me that our game is corrupt

So he gets a one game ban for fuck all. And lafferty for the most blatant bit of cheating in recent years gets a 2 game ban fucking joke

it only looks like a kick in slow motion, if u see it in real time its obvious to anyone that all he is doing is placing his foot down while he is in mid air, its nothing malicious. and dont get me started on mcdonald's he's actually retracting his leg away from wilkie, bending his knee, catching him was an accident. its fucking bollocks, considering that round about the same time bougherra had a red card rescinded for dangerous play on langfield

couple of quotes off talk celtic, their deluded they actually think loovens done fa wrong lol

its a witch hunt for mcdonald and loovens. just proves to me that our game is corrupt

So he gets a one game ban for fuck all. And lafferty for the most blatant bit of cheating in recent years gets a 2 game ban fucking joke

couple of quotes off talk celtic, their deluded lol

What a surprise they're coming out with this shite.