Gers kids who didnt fufill there potenial?

Charlie miller - Looked to have all the talent in the world, Maybe didnt have the deadication

Robert Malcolm - Captain of our youth team, broke through at 18,

Stephen Hughes - Got in a team full of stars at the end of the Advocaat era

Stevie Smith - Unfair and too early too say. long lay off did him no good. Looked like very comfortable left back before injury

Chris burke probaly our greatest underacheiver. looked blistering at times tormenting defences, then the next week would fail to show up

Charlie Adam - Over 10 goals from Midfield in first full season, Then steady got worse and worse became a hate figure in our support

At 1 time or another we have had high hopes for these players. Where does the blame lie? Scottish life style. Rangers ability of training up youth?

I think IF Burke and Miller could have filled there early promise they could have been real quality???

steve maclean, thought he was an excellent prospect, went on loan and scored 25 goals for scunthorpe i think it was. Sold a matter of weeks later without really getting a chance in the first team. couple of good season for sheffield wednesday but its all went downhill since then.

Derek Ferguson should,ve been a bigger player than he was.

Martin Henderson had a great season the year we won the treble, then just disappeared.

Billy McKay, was the Chris Burke of his day.

david hagen remember him scoring on his debut against hibs then never did anything after that.

Ross McCormack wasnt really given a chance though.

andy dowie expected big things when he was younger.

sandy robertson another one that fell off the radar.

neil murray scored the winner in the scottish cup final to clinch the treble in 93 then hung around for a while then disappeared to switzerland or something.

david hagen remember him scoring on his debut against hibs then never did anything after that.

Ross McCormack wasnt really given a chance though.

andy dowie expected big things when he was younger.

sandy robertson another one that fell off the radar.

neil murray scored the winner in the scottish cup final to clinch the treble in 93 then hung around for a while then disappeared to switzerland or something.

McCormack has been filling his potential, just not at Rangers

The Blue Heaven tv prog was full of our rising stars ...Chrissy Burke Callum Reidford ,Jordan McMillan..etc..

thats why i'm not getting carried away wi the current pant creaming about Fleck, Wilson, Aaron etc etc

Watching the game versus Glentoran last weekend, i really dont feel any of the young talent really stood at all, against what was really a Glentoran reserve side! Wilson, Mcmillin, Loy, Lennon and especially Fleck were all outplayed! I feel they have been so overhyped, and i feel that we put far to much expectation on these guys!

Sandy Robertson

Lee Feeney

Gary McSwegan

Scott Wilson

Steven Pressley

Stephen Hughes

Barry Ferguson

barry ferguson never furfiled his potential?

is this the same BF who captained Rangers, blackburn rovers and scotland?

the same BF who who broke into the Rangers 1st team in 1998 and was a mainstay/1st choice untill he was sold in 2003? and was again a 1st choice pick when he was re-signed in 2005 until the end of last season?

the same BF who has played more european games than any other Rangers player, and also any other scotsman?

the same BF who became 1 of only a small band of men to captain Rangers in a european final?

the same BF who has won 15 major tropthies as a Rangers player?

jesus, how anyone can say that barry ferguson never furfilled his potential is beyond me.

Sandy Robertson

Lee Feeney

Gary McSwegan

Scott Wilson

Steven Pressley

Stephen Hughes

Barry Ferguson

barry ferguson never furfiled his potential?

is this the same BF who captained Rangers, blackburn rovers and scotland?

the same BF who who broke into the Rangers 1st team in 1998 and was a mainstay/1st choice untill he was sold in 2003? and was again a 1st choice pick when he was re-signed in 2005 until the end of last season?

the same BF who has played more european games than any other Rangers player, and also any other scotsman?

the same BF who became 1 of only a small band of men to captain Rangers in a european final?

the same BF who has won 15 major tropthies as a Rangers player?

jesus, how anyone can say that barry ferguson never furfilled his potential is beyond me.

:praise:

only thing is was that he got too big for his own shoes. other then that top class player and personally hope he's a hit at birmingham.

The major problem with charlie adam was and still is his weight. How a proffesional football player can have an arse that size is beyond me. He has shown he has talent in the past, it just seems the scottish/british mentallity of the younger player is once they get into the first team and the salary goes up, they have made it.

Derek Ferguson was one of the best Rangers youngsters i ever saw..10 times what Barry was/is and better than wee Durrant.

Kebabs and nights oot wi Ally and Durrant put paid to it though.....could have been a legend..

Shuggy Burns at right back was a great player

Steven Hughes had all the attributes to make it i thought.

Charlie Miller wins this hands down. Miller played for Scotland at the under 18 world cup and was voted the tournaments top player alongside Robert Pires and Ivan De La Pena. Miller was truly a world class prospect as a schoolboy and should have went on to fulfil at least some of that potential.