How long is it since you bought the Rangers hating Daily Rhecord?

AlCapone

Haven't bought it for a while but wouldn't bother me if I had to read it. To be honest I think the Sun are a helluva lot worse in their condemnation of the club, our supporters and our tradition. I don't understand why people have this grudge against the Record but continue to buy the Sun.

Every paper has its timmy journos. go down the list

Same for me mate. Find the Sun to be worse, look at their campaign against Edu at the moment, it's pathetic.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i diont actually mind the record, buy it or sunday mail everyday, i find most of their sports stories are pretty close to the truth,

it is the Sun i refuse to buy, guy at work gets it and i have a read to see how farsical there stories about Rangers are, they always trying to put boot into us!!!!

I have not bought it since the then Chief Reporter, Anna Smith was allowed free reign to demonise and marginalise Rangers supporters. Sixteen arrests from a travelling support of 12,000 at Sunderland was portrayed in four unbroken days of front page reporting as a 'RIOT'.

My decision of 1993 was absolutely confirmed a decade later with the Record's bosses capitulation to ra Sellik board over Thugs and Thieves. It was the Yahoos players' Christmas night out and three of them chased after the Record's photographer in Newcastle city centre, stopped him, relieved him of his camera, and smashed it to pieces, throwing some of the debris into the Tyne. Agathe, Lennon, and Thompson I think were the three culprits. Thus correctly, the then Editor, Peter Cox(himself a Sellik man) named and shamed those responsible as Thugs and Thieves.

The Yahoo fightback was led by John McGuire, owner of the Phoenix Group. He removed several pages of colour advertisement, taken out 3-4 days per week, from the Record. He stated, "I will spend my advertising budget in a more Celtic friendly environment". He took his entire advertising revenue to Radio Snyde and the then Chief Executive, Paul Cooney was delighted. It would be five years before Phoenix Honda re-advertised with the Record, the vast majority of that revenue now goes to the Herald.

Interestingly, the latest Editor of the blatt, Bruce Waddell recognises the mistakes of the previous incumbents of his office. At a meeting last year, he was reorted to have admitted, "at the Record we have lost the ability to communicate with Rangers supporters". I suggest accuracy and objectivity Bruce!

Me and the mrs were on the way back on Saturday and went into Spar to get a paper, and the only ones available were the Record, The Sun, and the Daily Mail.

Suffice to say my money stayed in my pocket :D

I will not spend my cash on that shite.

Only paper I'll buy, generally, is the Evening Times.

19 Years for me now, how any Rangers fan can buy that rag is beyond me. If ever a paper was for the hard of thinking.

The joy of watching their circulation go down :)

They're called the Daily h** and the Daily Ranger by tims. All OF fans think the media is against them.

19 Years for me now, how any Rangers fan can buy that rag is beyond me. If ever a paper was for the hard of thinking.

They're called the Daily h** and the Daily Ranger by tims. All OF fans think the media is against them.

But only difference is we have justifiable reasons and evidence to suggest that there is an imbalance against Rangers. It has been seen countless times in the last couple of years.

But only difference is we have justifiable reasons and evidence to suggest that there is an imbalance against Rangers. It has been seen countless times in the last couple of years.

Change the use of the word 'Rangers' there to 'Celtic' and they're saying the same thing on tim forums.

Change the use of the word 'Rangers' there to 'Celtic' and they're saying the same thing on tim forums.

Without any evidence to back it up.

And how would you know? ;)

They say the same about us.

I assume their views on their forums reflect what they say in the real world, and as such...

And we all know that tims are deluded morons in the main.

They say the same about us.

I assume their views on their forums reflect what they say in the real world, and as such...

You're always telling us that what people say on forums don't reflect what they would say in the real world. Hypocritical bassa. :P

I think most complaints about media bias are a bit paranoid. I don't get the paper obviously due to where I live, but it seems to me that it would be financial stupidity to intentionally aggravate the largest section of the population where the paper is circulated.

Maybe some of us are a bit sensitive?