New Fm2010 Screenshots

BryanRfc

Looks like we can finally create competitions. The bit where you can add cup competitions and lower division would be unreal for the Hyundai A-League. The 'Settings' tab also has me hoping that you can get rid of the salary cap in this comp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks like we can finally create competitions. The bit where you can add cup competitions and lower division would be unreal for the Hyundai A-League. The 'Settings' tab also has me hoping that you can get rid of the salary cap in this comp.

Im sure i read that you cant change the a-league, mls etc.

You can't edit existing competitions I think, but you can replace them with newly created leagues, so basically you can replicate a certain league, but with adding or removing rules in whatever way suits you best.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my copy and I can't wait.

By the look of it you can remove leagues altogether or add additional levels, not sure about editing. I think but also not 100% sure that each league you add can be saved as a league file not as an entirely new database. This means when you load a game you can add any leagues you want, also means that a shitload of people will probably do your work for you online so in a couple of weeks you'll have things like the J-League and Egyptian leagues done in detail. This is a huge improvement and something fans have been asking for from SI for a long time. Personally I do a lot of customising and the old editor was just a total pain in the ass. I was planning on restructuring the A-League altogether so it has more than the 10 teams it will have this season and remove the salary cap so will be extremely pissed if it's the only league you can't do it with.

Just ordered my copy and I can't wait.

By the look of it you can remove leagues altogether or add additional levels, not sure about editing. I think but also not 100% sure that each league you add can be saved as a league file not as an entirely new database. This means when you load a game you can add any leagues you want, also means that a shitload of people will probably do your work for you online so in a couple of weeks you'll have things like the J-League and Egyptian leagues done in detail. This is a huge improvement and something fans have been asking for from SI for a long time. Personally I do a lot of customising and the old editor was just a total pain in the ass. I was planning on restructuring the A-League altogether so it has more than the 10 teams it will have this season and remove the salary cap so will be extremely pissed if it's the only league you can't do it with.

(tu) Yeh your right, ive been reading up on the new competition editor and you just remove the leagues/cups altogether. I cant wait to have a British/UK cup and overhaul the Scottish league structure. It seems like the editor has been improved a lot, it looks a lot more friendly (i hated using FM09's editor) and saving looks to be quicker.

Yeh i think when you save a league its saved as an xml file, so the file will be small and easy to save. Like you said hopefully a shit load of people to all the hard work.

I cant wait until its out, i havnt looked forward to an FM this much before. Im not sure about the new skin though, the buttons and shortcuts look great, but something just doesnt look right. Ill be downloading the Steklo skin again anyway.