Would you agree/diasgree with this statement

OrangeBurn

Kris Boyd  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Kris Boyd is the best finisher is Scotland, but one of the worst Strikers in Scotland

• Agree
    • Disagree

Disagree with the statement. From a football perspective he's not a great player, but far far far worse in Scotland.

Boyd is a woeful football player. You could never play him say in central midfield during an injury crisis as he really does lack a lot of basic footballing ability (at least at the top level).

You're options for Boyd are limited. You can only really deploy him in one role, with one job to do. Where as all other players at the club could be deployed elsewhere (some better than others), and have a bit more scope with regards to matchday instructions.

why would you?? doh

Was wondering the same thing

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree with the statement. From a football perspective he's not a great player, but far far far worse in Scotland.

Boyd is a woeful football player. You could never play him say in central midfield during an injury crisis as he really does lack a lot of basic footballing ability (at least at the top level).

You're options for Boyd are limited. You can only really deploy him in one role, with one job to do. Where as all other players at the club could be deployed elsewhere (some better than others), and have a bit more scope with regards to matchday instructions.

why would you?? doh

During a crisis things like that can happen. We played Duncan Ferguson a LB once during a crisis! More recently a striker (McCulloch), played CB for us when we were short.

My point is you wouldn't have the option with Boyd. I mean you could play him there if you want, but he'd more than likely be shown up, and it would equate to managerial suicide. His football ability isn't good enough to do a makeshift job anywhere on the park, where as most other players at the higher level, should be able to do a makeshift job in a few positions.

Boyds real ability is being in the right place at the right time. You can't teach that.

you would stick a youth in cm rather than put our top goalscorer there.

Neither of the 2 statements are true.

So who is the best finisher? :rolleyes:

Not too sure, but given the number of chances Boyd misses, especially one on ones, I wouldn't say he's the best finisher. He's just great at getting in the right place to get the chances.

he is top scorer for a good few years now. so who would u prefer. kevin kyle? christian nade? darren mackie? scott mcdonald? derek riordan?

People seem to have some personal vendetta against Boyd making him out to be the worst footballer on earth doh

He has a natural skill that many a 'striker' would kill for.

As your sig. says. 'gets the ball and scores a goal' - thats what being the Rangers number 9 is all about.

People seem to have some personal vendetta against Boyd making him out to be the worst footballer on earth doh

He has a natural skill that many a 'striker' would kill for.

As your sig. says. 'gets the ball and scores a goal' - thats what being the Rangers number 9 is all about.

exactly (tu)

Are you just going to ignore what I said and jump to wild conclusions that I don't want Boyd?

i meant who is a better finisher? Boyd is by far the better finisher in scotland. tell me a striker who scores 100% of chances?

You said "who would you prefer". I didn't say I'd prefer someone else! I want Boyd at Rangers. But theres no point deluding ourselves thinking Boyd is some sort of wonderfinisher. He misses a lot of chances, especially when through on the keeper. If you'd read what I said instead of jumping the gun, you'll have seen I actually praised Boyd's ability to find chances!

but my original question was who is the best finisher as you said boyd is not. if you think there is a better finisher in scotland does it not make sense that you would prefer to have him in your team than boyd?

Are you just going to ignore what I said and jump to wild conclusions that I don't want Boyd?

i meant who is a better finisher? Boyd is by far the better finisher in scotland. tell me a striker who scores 100% of chances?

You said "who would you prefer". I didn't say I'd prefer someone else! I want Boyd at Rangers. But theres no point deluding ourselves thinking Boyd is some sort of wonderfinisher. He misses a lot of chances, especially when through on the keeper. If you'd read what I said instead of jumping the gun, you'll have seen I actually praised Boyd's ability to find chances!

Noone is saying he is the best player or finisher in the world, and heck, what player does ANYTHING perfectly 100% of the time? I've not seen a player yet that does, Boyds no different.

I don't care what anyone says.. if you score like THIS video below, you're a natural goal scorer, he picks goals out of nothing.

I scored a fucking wondergoal at 5ives at the weekend. Doesn't make me wonderful though! Boyd does miss a number of chances BUT as I've been saying all the way through this thread, he is great at getting into the positions to get chances, hence scoring loads.

Thats great pal, so did i, but you're not in front of 50,00 at the top scottish level doing it are you? Different story at fives, and it's not like thats the first time he's done it either in that video.

He does miss a number of chances, compared to the rest of our strikers, and those in Scotland though, a whole lot less. (Chris Iwelumo :anguish:) Novo and Mhisser are both well known at missing shots left right and centre (whilst scoring some beauties too in between), Lafferty, well who knows at the minute, nothing more than average IMO.

As you said, and i've said in numerous threads the last few days, his positioning is brilliant, he may not be like Laudrup, and be able to beat 4 men, then score, or even take it around 1 man. He waits for the crucial pass, or cross into the 6 yard box, then does the little (left toe, right toe, left toe, right toe on the floor - obviously picking his spot, and it's in), noone scores EVERY shot, i very much doubt you could name a striker that has, unless he's had 1 shot on target, scored it, then quit football :lol:

Why can't anybody pass comment on Boyd's game, criticising one part, but praising how he makes up for it in other ways, without having half the forum jump down their throat and tell them how great Boyd is!

Fair enough if it's constructive.

Worst striker in scotland is a joke of a question :anguish:

Why can't anybody pass comment on Boyd's game, criticising one part, but praising how he makes up for it in other ways, without having half the forum jump down their throat and tell them how great Boyd is!

Swings in circles mate.

Try writing a thread saying 'well in Boydy' and you'll get the exact opposite, people jumping down your throat saying 'yeh but he can't...' or 'but he hasn't scored against..' yada yada.

Both sides of the debate have got crazy now, i think it's got the point where it's habit.

Like i've said, i bet during the Coisty criticism years, if a place like RM existed, it'd very similar.

He is what he is, a goal poacher that cost £400k, scores goal with ease most of the time, and does it well. For £400k (which we've easily got from him) i can't see why people expect him to be Ronaldo.

Even though Boyd does lack technical ability and skills, and for arguements sake say a magic fairy came down and took away his nack for scoring...... there still would be plenty in the SPL who are worse!

Granted that is more a reflection of how bad the lesser clubs of the SPL are, than how good Boyds skill set is. Boyd would have to be a pretty horrific player, to be one of the worst strikers in the SPL. Which IMO is one of the worst 'major' leagues in world football.

Ironically at one point, all the clubs wanted Scottish players, now it's the exact opposite.

It's all about bloody money nowadays, and the fact the EPL was given a large chunk by Sky and other sponsors, in the hope it'd one day become the best league (which technically i guess it could be considered now). I mean it's worked, but at a large price, and it'll someday implode, too much money is being battered around, to the point where football has been ruined.

Put that same money into the SPL, and you'll see the thing get better, teams like Killie still train at the beaches, and in the hill tops, and science football parks, they do well for what they are.

I said he probably wasn't. But I still want him in my team.

you say you wouldnt say he is the best finisher. not probably, you said he wasn't.

Neither of the 2 statements are true.

So who is the best finisher? :rolleyes:

Not too sure, but given the number of chances Boyd misses, especially one on ones, I wouldn't say he's the best finisher. He's just great at getting in the right place to get the chances.