Chris Woods

Radioactiveman

Was watching the 2-2 game the other day when Woods, Butcher and MacAvennie got sent off and it got me thinking about Woodsy. I personally feel he doesn't get the recognition for his performances/achievements whilst at Rangers. Yes we all know he was a smashing goalkeeper and we all loved him but maybe the performances of Andy Goram perhaps made a lot of us forget Woodsy in a way. Almost in the same kind of way that Bougherra has made a lot of us forget about Cuellar.

thoughts?

When he arrived he was the best keeper I had ever seen for the 'Gers......FACT. Only Goram surpassed him (some would argue Klos but had Woods not taken that infection which affected his balance I believe that there would not have been much between him and the Goalie).

Woods was a phenomonal keeper, set the standard that we expected to be achieved for a keeper for years to come.

Recognition wise, it is unfortunate for him that Andy Goram was his replacement.

Stefan Klos was a similar standard to Woods IMO, and the 3 keeprs should rightly take their places among Rangers greats.

Just think of half the dross we have had in goals as well.

Woods was a phenomonal keeper, set the standard that we expected to be achieved for a keeper for years to come.

Recognition wise, it is unfortunate for him that Andy Goram was his replacement.

Stefan Klos was a similar standard to Woods IMO, and the 3 keeprs should rightly take their places among Rangers greats.

Letizi, Maxwell <cr>

Letizi, Maxwell <cr>

lol remember the youth GK Colin Scott? he played v Juventus for us once! possibly his last ever gae for us though!!!! think we lost 4-0!

Letizi, Maxwell <cr>

lol remember the youth GK Colin Scott? he played v Juventus for us once! possibly his last ever gae for us though!!!! think we lost 4-0!

no wonder we lost, that goalkeeper kit was horrendous, orange one was much better.

ps

i thought it was billy thompson that was in goals that night, mind you i also thought gough was in goals as well

no wonder we lost, that goalkeeper kit was horrendous, orange one was much better.

ps

i thought it was billy thompson that was in goals that night, mind you i also thought gough was in goals as well

i will get back to you on this. lol

I was young but i seem to remember Goram being unpopular when he first came to replace Chris Woods , Woods was such a favourite but had to move on because of the foreigners rule.

I think of his first games was in the Scotish Cup against Hibs, IIRC he lost a soft goal and got pelters.