What does a bondholder mean?

TheMenace72

Got a season ticket and was looking up the info for the champs league 3 match package.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/cl...1780028,00.html

It says that bondholders have until 4th sept to get theirs... What is a bondholder? Not heard of it and just wondering out of interest.

Sorry if this is a stupid Q or has been answered previously.

IIRC, around 10 years ago, Rangers sold seats for life in the Club Deck and Main Stand. It means you will always get first digs at getting your season ticket and any other tickets in your seat even if you don't have a season ticket anymore.

it means they pay so much to bond their seat. if they for sum reason dont want their season ticket for a yr, they dont buy it. sum1 else can buy it for that yr in the knowledge that the bond holder for that seat can get it straight bak for the next season if they want.

this is my understanding of it anyway,!

IIRC, around 10 years ago, Rangers sold seats for life in the Club Deck and Main Stand. It means you will always get first digs at getting your season ticket and any other tickets in your seat even if you don't have a season ticket anymore.

OK, just in case I was a bondholder and I didn't know it but I'm not so I have longer to get my package.

Is that the seats that have people names on them?

it means they pay so much to bond their seat. if they for sum reason dont want their season ticket for a yr, they dont buy it. sum1 else can buy it for that yr in the knowledge that the bond holder for that seat can get it straight bak for the next season if they want.

this is my understanding of it anyway,!

That's what I thought as well. (tu)

OK, just in case I was a bondholder and I didn't know it but I'm not so I have longer to get my package.

Yep (tu)

my dads friend has his bonded in the club deck, he lives and works in london. so only uses it if it suits him 4 that particular yr.

i think alot of the ppl in bonded seats are in a similar position to my dads m8, the kinda high flyin business type

I'm not sure mate, it was my uncle who bought me it.

I think it was roughly £2000. However i'm not sure.

I'll ask my old man.

There was 3 different price bands depending on what part of the club deck your seat is......£1000 for seats near the back and either end and then £1500 for seats coming in nearer the middle and then £2000 for seats right in the middle of the club deck (tu)

The bonds were sold in the club deck when it first opened to try and recoup some of the money spent. It guarantees the bondholder first choice on tickets for that seat and up to four others at any game or event at ibrox for 25 years (tu)

I know you got a (tu) for that, but it's not strictly true.

Rangers also launched a scheme called Ready for the Future (maybe about 15 years ago or something), where you paid £400 as a one-off.

A lot of fools coughed up the cash to - and get this - guarantee that you won't be moved from that seat in 25 years. You also get 10% off all official gear, a crap tie and your name on your seat.

I day "fools", knowing full well that I was one of them :D

I know you got a (tu) for that, but it's not strictly true.

Rangers also launched a scheme called Ready for the Future (maybe about 15 years ago or something), where you paid £400 as a one-off.

A lot of fools coughed up the cash to - and get this - guarantee that you won't be moved from that seat in 25 years. You also get 10% off all official gear, a crap tie and your name on your seat.

I day "fools", knowing full well that I was one of them :D

Hahaha, :craphead:

my dads friend has his bonded in the club deck, he lives and works in london. so only uses it if it suits him 4 that particular yr.

i think alot of the ppl in bonded seats are in a similar position to my dads m8, the kinda high flyin business type

My mates uncle is a bondholder and he used to get us tickets in the Club Deck, don't think he was able to go hat often either.