***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Yeah I definitely get it now, cheers.

Was a little confused by the punts, but worked it out now, its only taken me months. :lol:

Touchdown Dolphins!

It's ok, there are so many stupid little rules and procedural things I still don't know get after watching the NFL for 20+ years :lol:

It's ok, there are so many stupid little rules and procedural things I still don't know get after watching the NFL for 20+ years :lol:

So in a practical application.

A team is 4th and long, decides to punt it back to the opposition instead of risking a down.

Whereas a team thats 4th and 3 decides to go for it, gets 2 and gives the ball to the opposition where their down started?

So in a practical application.

A team is 4rd and long, decides to punt it back to the opposition instead of risking a down.

Whereas a team thats 4th and 3 decides to go for it, gets 2 and gives the ball to the opposition where their down started?

Yeah that's the whole point of punting, because if you went for it and didn't get the first down, the other team gets really good field position.

You'd only really go for it on 4th down if you're behind in the 4th quarter or if it's in the gray area where it's too short to punt and too long to kick a field goal

Yeah that's the whole point of punting, because if you went for it and didn't get the first down, the other team gets really good field position.

You'd only really go for it on 4th down if you're behind in the 4th quarter or if it's in the gray area where it's too short to punt and too long to kick a field goal

Ah right, so it's interception, fumble, punt and turnover then.

Definitely get it.

Was always wondering what the hell tehy were on about with like 2nd and 7 :lol:

Ah right, so it's interception, fumble, punt and turnover then.

Definitely get it.

Was always wondering what the hell tehy were on about with like 2nd and 7 :lol:

Yeah, lots of strategies involved especially with minor details such as downs like what TexasGers just said, field position is the most important thing. Little things count in making a decision.

I am not watching the game because I am chatting with a friend and at the same time emailing back and forth with another friend. I am also keeping my eye on RM. :D

Anyway, it's usually fun to watch what Bill Belichick would think and decide. He can be good at many things, but he's just human and can make some silly mistakes. I know TG will still remmy the time that he made a bad decision in the Pats-Indy game last year. He knows what I'm talking about. When I saw what he decided, I knew it wouldn't work, period.

I am not watching the game because I am chatting with a friend and at the same time emailing back and forth with another friend. I am also keeping my eye on RM. :D

Anyway, it's usually fun to watch what Bill Belichick would think and decide. He can be good at many things, but he's just human and can make some silly mistakes. I know TG will still remmy the time that he made a bad decision in the Pats-Indy game last year. He knows what I'm talking about. When I saw what he decided, I knew it wouldn't work, period.

Belichick is the Pats head coach isn't he, reputation for a good defence?

Belichick is the Pats head coach isn't he, reputation for a good defence?

Like what TG just said. Yes, but I am not pleased that they gave up over 80 points in three games so far. I noticed that his defense is quite young, so if they keep giving up a lot of points, I doubt they could go that far this season. Tom Brady can't always be the one to bail out the defense.

Like what TG just said. Yes, but I am not pleased that they gave up over 80 points in three games so far. I noticed that his defense is quite young, so if they keep giving up a lot of points, I doubt they could go that far this season. Tom Brady can't always be the one to bail out the defense.

It's always been my policy in every game I watch that a crappy defence can never be compensated by a by a good offence, but then again Anti-Football. :pipe:

Probably why I like the Ravens so much.

Yeah the funny thing is that this is probably the best offense the Ravens have had in years and possibly their weakest defense to :lol:

Heh yeah, our offence has bailed our defence out of two games so far :lol:

But we will get our act together again.