***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Apparently it's now a dead cert, with the pats getting another early pick in the 2011 draft in exchange.

Report: Pats on verge of trading Moss

Pats.jpgAccording to Jay Glazer of FoxSports.com, the Patriots are on the verge of trading Randy Moss to Minnesota. The only hold-up now, according to Glazer, is getting Moss to agree to a contract extension with the Vikings. A Patriots spokesman said that "there is no trade."

Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network, however, also reports that the Patriots have not given Moss permission to talk to other teams regarding a contract extension. Moss is in the final year of a three-year deal, and has expressed frustration over the lack of a new contract with the Patriots.

The wide receiver is coming off a game in which he had zero catches for the first time in his Patriots career, and has nine for the season.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Report: Pats on verge of trading Moss

Pats.jpgAccording to Jay Glazer of FoxSports.com, the Patriots are on the verge of trading Randy Moss to Minnesota. The only hold-up now, according to Glazer, is getting Moss to agree to a contract extension with the Vikings. A Patriots spokesman said that "there is no trade."

Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network, however, also reports that the Patriots have not given Moss permission to talk to other teams regarding a contract extension. Moss is in the final year of a three-year deal, and has expressed frustration over the lack of a new contract with the Patriots.

The wide receiver is coming off a game in which he had zero catches for the first time in his Patriots career, and has nine for the season.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

I am not surprised and felt that the Pats should let him go.

I am not surprised and felt that the Pats should let him go.

I admit I am a little suprised as he and Brady do play well together. The Pats do tend to look to the future and don't let sentiment get in the way no matter who the player is.

And Moss is just getting traded for a 3rd round pick, which makes more sense than giving up 2 draft picks and a player

Sounds a bit more sane yeah.

Only posted that info because I got it from the guy who broke the story on another forum.

Sounds a bit more sane yeah.

Only posted that info because I got it from the guy who broke the story on another forum.

Unlike the system in NFL, I would tell my staff if they are not happy, they are free to go and find another job. I know that Randy has not been happy with the contract and other things, so it's a good move on the Pats' part.

Here's an interesting factoid regarding the return of Randy Moss to Minnesota.

In 12 NFL seasons, he has faced every team, except the Vikings.

Moss was scheduled to return to the Metrodome in 2007 as a member of the Raiders, but he was traded to the Patriots on draft weekend.

This year, his Patriots are due to host the Vikings on October 31. And in what will appear to be a strange Halloween trick, Moss will be at the game, in a white-and-purple costume.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/moss-has-faced-every-team-except-the-vikings/

That will be a interesting game in a half (tu)

Good move for both teams (more so Vikings). Moss was in the last year of his contract and made it VERY clear he was gone at the end of the season, so Pats went out and got something for him. That being said Welker is the main man now so he'll suffer with all eyes on him so it's up to other receivers to step up like Brandon Tate and Aaron Hernandez.

Fact is Vikings need help now, Pats want to look to the future, both teams got what they want. Jets are the prize of AFC East.

Non-NFL related news item:

*Texas Rangers defeated Tampa Bay, 5-1.

*Ray Halladay led his Philadelphia Phillies to a 4-0 win over Cincinnati Reds. He threw a no-hitter which means he joins Don Larsen as the only pitchers to throw a no-hitter in a postseason play. The only difference between both pitchers is that Don Larsen threw a perfect game. Halladay had a perfect game going on until he walked a Cincinnati player. Larsen threw a perfect game for the New York Yankees against the Brooklyn Dodgers on October 8, 1956 in the World Series.

001160142finalfinal.jpg

Yogi Berra (8) jumping on and hugging Don Larsen for throwing the perfect game.

Do any of you guys play the sky sports/nfluk fantasy football?

It is really simple to play but it is great! sign up to it and get involved, free to play and you can win some great prizes!

It is really simple to play but it is great! sign up to it and get involved, free to play and you can win some great prizes!

I've never tried to play any of these games, I would probably need someone to show me how it works.

I have never heard of Deadspin until I read about that woman posting a 42-page Power Point presentation about her sexual conquests at Duke University. Now, Yahoo has a brief report about Brett Favre's alleged racy pictures sent to this woman and NFL is looking into that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-favre-scandal

However, this news is not really that news because I do recall TexasGers first mentioned this several months ago. According to this story, this happened around February.

http://deadspin.com/5658206/brett-favres-cellphone-seduction-of-jenn-sterger?skyline=true&s=i

Yeah, I do too, although missed the first few weeks.

Forgot to do this...

Sunday, Oct. 10

New York Giants @ Houston Texans

Reliant Stadium at Reliant Park - Houston, TX

12:00 PM

Atlanta Falcons @ Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Browns Stadium - Cleveland, OH

1:00 PM

Chicago Bears @ Carolina Panthers

Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, NC

1:00 PM

Denver Broncos @ Baltimore Ravens