Does the RST have an AGM this Sunday?

CanadianBacon

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Rangers Supporters Trust will take place in the Wee Rangers Club, 250 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow, G51 2YU on Sunday 27th September from 12 noon. Entry to this meeting will only be granted to current RST members upon production of their signed membership card and this policy will be strictly enforced. You can, however, renew on the day if you have not already done so but please arrive by 11.45 if you intend doing this. The meeting will be finished by 2 p.m. at the latest. The outline agenda, subject to amendment, is as follows;

* Welcome

* Chairman’s Report

* Secretary/ Treasurer’s Reports

* Questions from the floor (See note 1 below)

* Adoption of 2008/ 2009 Accounts

* Elections

* Interval

* Debate and motions (See note 2 below)

* Vote of thanks

Can anyone confirm? <cr>

Yours, in the dark............

Yes, September weekend when many will be on holiday and can't attend...

Good point.

Interesting to say the least.............

Like the EGM last year the morning after the Walk?

The AGM last year was the September Weekend too I think.

Anyone less secure than myself could be under the impression the board wish to prevent an open forum with as many members in attendance as possible.

Can anyone confirm? <cr>

Aye, September weekend when members, who should have been notified, weren't. :(

Any wonder I'm not renewing?

That is simply not true. Notice was posted to all current members on 9th or 10th September to ensure two weeks notice was given to everyone. It has also been up on our website since then. As for the timing, we have to have it before 5th October and the date was set to suit fixture lists and to ensure that the accounts were finalised by our auditors. Funnily enough, we have had no complaints from any member regarding the timing. PM me your membership number and details and I'll see if we have the correct ones for you.

Can anyone confirm? <cr>

That is simply not true. Notice was posted to all current members on 9th or 10th September to ensure two weeks notice was given to everyone. It has also been up on our website since then. As for the timing, we have to have it before 5th October and the date was set to suit fixture lists and to ensure that the accounts were finalised by our auditors. Funnily enough, we have had no complaints from any member regarding the timing. PM me your membership number and details and I'll see if we have the correct ones for you.

From reading here and elsewhere, perhaps thats because too many dont actually know about it ;)

Just a thought

Can anyone confirm? <cr>

Good point.

Anyone less secure than myself could be under the impression the board wish to prevent an open forum with as many members in attendance as possible.

Not unless 6th September formed part of the September weekend. :rolleyes:

is the RST accepting new members at the AGM?

Renewals only but you can join online before Sunday.

will I get my arse kicked for trying to enter that ticket competition with a made up RST number?

No but it does mean you could enter it with a legitimate number. :pipe:

the number I gave 16187290 though was a good one though, I mean you have to give me credit for the ingenuity shown there! Anyway, how to much join is it?

is the RST accepting new members at the AGM?

Renewals only but you can join online before Sunday.

will I get my arse kicked for trying to enter that ticket competition with a made up RST number?

No but it does mean you could enter it with a legitimate number. :pipe:

the number I gave 16187290 though was a good one though, I mean you have to give me credit for the ingenuity shown there! Anyway, how to much join is it?

£10 per year if you are in the UK. The first year you get a share in Rangers FC.

Can anyone confirm? <cr>

From reading here and elsewhere, perhaps thats because too many dont actually know about it ;)

Just a thought

Where is elsewhere?

Can anyone confirm? <cr>

Good point.

Not unless 6th September formed part of the September weekend. :rolleyes:

I said "I think".

I accept I was wrong.

It's been the September weekend before though.

It's unsuitable for many, and I suggest you move it earlier next year to give more members a chance to attend.

You're on top form today cooper. I'm wrong again. :D

Answer me this. What percentage of members live in the West of Scotland?

For many, the September weekend isn't suitable, regardless of the pedantics over who has what holiday where.

I'm not expecting you to make any great concessions, but to at least accept that it's a possibility that people will be unable to make it, and that it would be a good idea to avoid this weekend in future?

The AGM seems to get later every year aswell?

In 2004 it was in July, 2005 it was at the end of August English Bank Holiday (which some in Scotland get too), and has been gradually creeping year on year. Just seems odd, that's all.

Presumably minutes will be sent out to members?

Can anyone confirm? <cr>

Just a thought

Where is elsewhere?

Other forums, or, fora if you will, where many Bears not members have received many emails regarding different RST info, and, members are not receiving any. The general/majority dont appear to have heard about this.

Just form cursary glances through multiple threads. I dont mind either way (tu)

You're on top form today cooper. I'm wrong again. :D

Answer me this. What percentage of members live in the West of Scotland?

For many, the September weekend isn't suitable, regardless of the pedantics over who has what holiday where.

I'm not expecting you to make any great concessions, but to at least accept that it's a possibility that people will be unable to make it, and that it would be a good idea to avoid this weekend in future?

The AGM seems to get later every year aswell?

In 2004 it was in July, 2005 it was at the end of August English Bank Holiday (which some in Scotland get too), and has been gradually creeping year on year. Just seems odd, that's all.

Presumably minutes will be sent out to members?

Yes, you're not having a good day, are you? :pipe: I don't know the percentage of members that live in the West of Scotland is the simple answer. Perhaps if I can find the time I'll try to work it out. Regardless of when we have the AGM, it will not suit everyone. It isn't really getting later each year. In 2006 it was on 1st October. People unable to attend have the option of submitting a question or proposing a motion either by e-mail or to our PO Box. There have been none submitted by e-mail so far, I'm not sure about the PO Box yet.