You need good facilities and foreign coaches to produce good young players

Thermopylae

This is what we keep hearing is the solution to the dearth of young talent in the country but the problem is we have already done that during the Advocaat era and still haven't produced any quality players (Hutton appart). So what is wrong with the Scottish youngsters that even when given every advantage with Murray Park and Dutch coaches they still can't cut it.

So 1 isolated example from one manager is proof enough?

I don't think it neccsisarily takes foreigners, just to be tought the right things and right way to live/train from a young age.

Look at Ajax - Dennis Bergkamp coaches the u9's and Fran de Boer coaches the u17's.

From a very early age they are getting taught how to play football the correct way from the best in the business. It appears that the young Scottish boys are not getting the proper coaching if you ask me.

£14m spent on Murray Park and all we have really produced is Alan Hutton.

Look at Ajax - Dennis Bergkamp coaches the u9's and Fran de Boer coaches the u17's.

From a very early age they are getting taught how to play football the correct way from the best in the business. It appears that the young Scottish boys are not getting the proper coaching if you ask me.

Who we sold for £9million.. Okay so that's 5 left to make up?

Give Fleck, Little, Wilson and Loy a few years.

I'm just making the point that we transplanted a Dutch coahing system to Ibrox so should we not be seeing one or two good technical players coming through now because of that? TBH Hutton's great attribute was his athletic ability ... as a footballer he was pretty good but nothing special

I heard Frank Roy talking on one of the Talk Sport shows and he was saying the reason England doesn't produce as many top players as they should given the size of the country is poor coaching. He said they should take a trip over and see how it is done in Holland and France

In Holland they don't play competitive football until the age of about 14.

That means growing up the kids are getting coached from the cream of the crop and have a ball at their foot all the time.

Compare that to Britain. We have competitive football from an extremely early age and the kids may not get more than 10 touches of the ball during a match.

That's why Holland have produced players like Ronald de Boer, Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder, Edgar Davids, Rafael Van Der Vaart and Scotland have produced Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, Lee McCulloch, Paul Hartley...

Looking at the number of players the Old Firm have signed from Dundee utd/Hibs/Hearts/Killie etc, in recent years - mostly brought through their youth ranks or scouting system....this MUST point out that we either have A, a very low opinion of our own youth teams and little faith in their ability and maturity to progress to the full squad, and B, a very very poor scouting system, if we must rely on buying players from teams who actually nurture and progress their players, then also seek out players our scouts have never even heard of - who, more often than not,score against us or the mhanks....so automatically they are 'targets'.

shocking.

couldn't agree more, the Scottish youngsters need to be coached by actual footballers, putting emphasis into the technical ability, look at the coaches in scottish football, very few of these guys have played at anything close to the highest level, how can they be expected to teach others how to reach a level they have never played at