Was Bourgherra was playing right back for Algeria tonight?

Zappa

Only caught the 2nd half of the Algeria v Rwanda game tonight via a stream online with Arabic commentary, but from what I could see it looked like Bougherra was either playing at right back or on the right hand side of a back three. Can anyone confirm?

Just wondering because I posted a thread on here recently suggesting that Bougherra could potentially be a really good right back for us. The thinking behind it was that he'd be a stronger, more solid right back than Whittaker. Obviously it's not something we could entertain without another good CB, but what if Whittaker had to get injured? We could put Bougherra to RB & play Wilson or McCulloch in the center with Weir.

I'd like to see us sign a centre half of a similar stature to partner him, a new left back and possibly a new right back too.

Yes, in an ideal world that would be very nice. :D If Whittaker got injured though, I think I'd be more comfortable with Bougherra moving to RB than bringing in Little or playing McCulloch there. Obviously it's not going to be an issue when Broadfoot & Edu come back, since either of them could slip into right back, Edu more in the case of an emergency caused by injuries or suspensions I'd imagine.

I'd like to see us sign a centre half of a similar stature to partner him, a new left back and possibly a new right back too.

Yes, in an ideal world that would be very nice. :D If Whittaker got injured though, I think I'd be more comfortable with Bougherra moving to RB than bringing in Little or playing McCulloch there. Obviously it's not going to be an issue when Broadfoot & Edu come back, since either of them could slip into right back, Edu more in the case of an emergency caused by injuries or suspensions I'd imagine.

Yeah Edy's not really proven himself in a back 4 as much as he has in mindfield, i fully expext edu to start the majority of this season once hes match fit, he keeps the ball and has good pace, everything were missing!!!!!!!!!!

"i'll play for rangers as long as i can, then spend the rest of my life depressed" - Ally Mcoist, LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy enough with Bougherra playing at centre half.

Left back should be Lee Wallace of Hearts, good player going to get so much better.

Left back should be Lee Wallace of Hearts, good player going to get so much better.

I just mooted him in another thread earlier on today :lol:

Great minds and all that ;)

We were not lucky enough because we were able to beat Rwanda 5-1 , 2 true goals wern't counted and We missed a lot of dangerous chances.

Boogie performed well tonight , but it seems that he was still tired due to the sickness

If we had JT and Puyol as centre backs then yeah maybe move Boogie to right back, but right now as we speak Boogie is playing centre back with a 40 year old guy who Was Once A Good player but is slightly past the sell by date.........................Follow....................Follow...................

.......Colin

He practically does sit as a right back when we've got the ball. Watch the formation next time you're at a game, it's an interesting one indeed. Whittaker himself sits so far up that Davis pushes in and McCulloch comes back to centre half...

i still think he is more suited to centre back. when you say a right back bombing forward they need to have a good delivery and decent passing skills aswell. these skills are not tried and tested. he is a CB no doubt about it imo

he is built like a cb

(tu) (tu) (tu)