Wonder when Archie Campbell will be given a chance?

Poetry_In_Blue

One more of our prospective so called hot properties who has came through the youth development programme is the Under 19 star Archie Campbell. Not only has he had a pretty good goal scoring ratio when playing for Rangers, he also scored in the recent Under 19 international match for Scotland against Romania.

I know we have an abundance of strikers at this current time at Ibrox, but Boyd may be gone at the turn of the year or at the end of the season if he doesn't accept a new contract, Miller and Novo won't be around forever, that really only leaves us with Lafferty and Naismith, include them Loy and Little, as I don't think Lennon is good enough, didn't seem to do that well on loan? It can be argued that possibly Fleck could be played as a striker even though personally I would rather see him as an attacking midfielder.

So with the financial constraints on the club, and unless we get in a buyer who is willing to invest a lot of their own money, maybe this is the time and chance for Campbell to also be knocking on the first team door?

Stats wise, he scored 15 goals from 25 starts in the 08/09 season.

Never under Smith or perhaps when he is 25

Little and Fleck have started for Rangers this season, unfortunately Little got injured, Wylde has also had game time!

Thats it for the season he wont be giving many more a chance

Archie Campbell?????? Are you having a laugh, he is absolutley nowhere near the first team!! I have watched him in all 19's games this season and last and although he got promise he can't be put anywhere near the first team. Lennon, Loy etc are further up there

Never under Smith or perhaps when he is 25

Little and Fleck have started for Rangers this season, unfortunately Little got injured, Wylde has also had game time!

I think "being given a chance" is a run of games, which history has shown is unlikely to happen for our home grown youngsters, while Smith is in charge, no matter the financial constraints or injury situation.

you wonder why these guys are not given any game time, i mean ffs a lot of the fans on here and others give the FIRST TEAM fucking pelters for a poor result , how far do you think it will set the young un's back to have one bad game and 100,000 fans giving you what the fuck for on internet forums and 50,000 inside the stand booing them off the pitch.

sure thats going to help the youngsters, maybe think before posting as some of the shite you read on this forum is unbelieveable.

And you wonder why Walter doesn't give them a chance? ;)

How can someone be judged as being good enough or not if they don't get game time?

As to playing week in week out, that could put strain on still developing bodies and could be more detrimental to their health in the long run.

you wonder why these guys are not given any game time, i mean ffs a lot of the fans on here and others give the FIRST TEAM fucking pelters for a poor result , how far do you think it will set the young un's back to have one bad game and 100,000 fans giving you what the fuck for on internet forums and 50,000 inside the stand booing them off the pitch.

sure thats going to help the youngsters, maybe think before posting as some of the shite you read on this forum is unbelieveable.

Why do you think I posted it :D

:lol:

That's football. The likes of Rooney, Walcott, Fabregas, Giggs, Bojan....all took stick at an early age, and look how they turned out. Criticism doesn't always affect players. Bojan took a power of abuse, it him hard, but he's over come that.

And, if they aren't going to get a game, then how are they going to improve, or show what they are all about.

At this minute in time, I wouldn't have Archie Campbell in the Rangers team, but the Cooperative Cup is the perfect competition to try out these youngsters, especially with us in the Champions' League, and with this small squad.

We don't, and when injuries/illness come around, we throw younger players into the mix, out of position in one of the biggest derby games in World football.

just so we are clear that was aimed at some of the responses your OP got. (tu):lol:

just so we are clear that was aimed at some of the responses your OP got. (tu):lol:

:lol:

That's football. The likes of Rooney, Walcott, Fabregas, Giggs, Bojan....all took stick at an early age, and look how they turned out. Criticism doesn't always affect players. Bojan took a power of abuse, it him hard, but he's over come that.

And, if they aren't going to get a game, then how are they going to improve, or show what they are all about.

At this minute in time, I wouldn't have Archie Campbell in the Rangers team, but the Cooperative Cup is the perfect competition to try out these youngsters, especially with us in the Champions' League, and with this small squad.

We don't, and when injuries/illness come around, we throw younger players into the mix, out of position in one of the biggest derby games in World football.

Totally agree, we should have given more youth a chance in the Co-op Cup, at least they would have some better experience than the introduction that Little received in the Old Firm. Saying that though a lot of players, never mind how experienced they are, could find the Old Firm a whole new kettle of fish.

how far do you think it will set the young un's back to have one bad game and 100,000 fans giving you what the fuck for on internet forums and 50,000 inside the stand booing them off the pitch.

Think you're being overly dramatic there. I can't remember the last time someone had a bad game and 50,000 fans booed them off the pitch.

how far do you think it will set the young un's back to have one bad game and 100,000 fans giving you what the fuck for on internet forums and 50,000 inside the stand booing them off the pitch.

Think you're being overly dramatic there. I can't remember the last time someone had a bad game and 50,000 fans booed them off the pitch.

Of course but you can see where im coming from , 25,000 then :)

I see your point, but I'd like to think we as a support would know better than to lay into the youngsters. I haven't heard any abuse directed Fleck's way, even when he's not played well.

I see your point, but I'd like to think we as a support would know better than to lay into the youngsters. I haven't heard any abuse directed Fleck's way, even when he's not played well.

same here mate, but they dont really show any patience with our players aged 22-25 so cant see it tbh.

I dont know how you can say that? I remember when Shinnie and Lennon I think it was both came on in a game against Aberdeen at Ibrox and whilst they werent really effective in terms of their contribution, they lit the atmosphere up in the ground as we had a new level, not of expectation as such but of a little bit of hope and eagerness to see these young lads succeed... then Wylde came on and it was the same... The only thing I can see people not showing any patience with our youngsters with is when they get played out of position and their form suffers a bit...

I remember seeing this lad a year or so ago in a youth/reserve game and thinking he was better than Fleck. Fleck seems to have been the one that gets all the hype, but Campbell is a great finisher and has pace to burn, although very small.

We have so much youth which are always said to be "hot property" and starts of the future, but most them are 19 - 20 now and still ain't be given a chance :lol:

Because 19 year olds are in the twilight of their careers? :rolleyes:

Theres plenty teams out there who play boys younger than 19 for there cup games, why can't we? :rolleyes: