***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

Downloading tactics. :anguish:

You'd be as well just taking over the opposition and sending their reserves out.

Last season I didn't, only tried it for this one since my 4-5-1 counter attacking football wasn't scoring me enough goals, and I want the likes of Aguero to world player of the year. :drool:

It's a fair tactic though, no corner glitching and so on, and I had to sign players suiting the positions etc.

Does anyone play this and try and expand their scouting network and stuff? :lol:

I've got as many scouts as I can have scouting all over the world, and all the u20 leagues for England, Scotland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and stuff. If you click scouting knowledge, it'll tell you how broad your scouting network is.

I'm also considering not trying to get Fabregas and just bringing through youth players.. I want to keep money so I can get a stadium named after me, never had that before. :praise:

I also recommend Aguero to anyone - by far the best striker on the game. Was well worth his 52 mil release clause.

And Heiko Westermann, the German CB from Schalke. 17 heading, 13 marking, 12 tackling and 10 positioning doesn't seem great for a striker, but 17 strength, 14 acceleration, 16 pace and 15 finishing (wtf :lol:) makes up for it. He's a rock at the back, very consistent and scores at corners more often than not!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC one of the midfielders is pretty much a dm, the other is box to box playmaker. The RM and LM are tucked in to be 3 am's.

What I'm finding is that the direct passing is working and getting through, but I'm not getting enough shots on goal or are limited to range.

Should i spread the AM out a little?

What players do you have?

Try one of the midfielders, maybe the DM as a deep lying playmaker set on defend if he is creative enough , and have your full backs both set as wing backs and to attack. It'll leave you with 3 at the back more of than not, plenty of width as your full backs will push on. Keep the other one as a box to box at support so he'll try and make late runs forward. Put the AML and AMR as inside forwards, with a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left. Have Drogba as a complete forward/attack or a target man/support so he will win flick ons and try to play in the other attacking players, and then set the player behind him as a trequartista and see what happens. Put it as fluid/control, and if you're against a weak team, change it to attack.

Oh, and set your keeper to 'defender collect' when distributing the ball, it'll keep possession more.

----------------Sweeper Keeper, defend-----------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

-wing back, attack-----limited defender, defend (x2)--wing back, attack--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------d.l playmaker, defend---box to box, support--------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

------inside forward, attack----trequartista, attack--inside forward, attack--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------complete forward, attack-----------------------------

Fluid, control (or perhaps counter vs a stronger team, attacking vs a weaker team)

Try it and see how you get on. :blush:

What players do you have?

Try one of the midfielders, maybe the DM as a deep lying playmaker set on defend if he is creative enough , and have your full backs both set as wing backs and to attack. It'll leave you with 3 at the back more of than not, plenty of width as your full backs will push on. Keep the other one as a box to box at support so he'll try and make late runs forward. Put the AML and AMR as inside forwards, with a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left. Have Drogba as a complete forward/attack or a target man/support so he will win flick ons and try to play in the other attacking players, and then set the player behind him as a trequartista and see what happens. Put it as fluid/control, and if you're against a weak team, change it to attack.

Oh, and set your keeper to 'defender collect' when distributing the ball, it'll keep possession more.

----------------Sweeper Keeper, defend-----------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

-wing back, attack-----limited defender, defend (x2)--wing back, attack--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------d.l playmaker, defend---box to box, support--------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

------inside forward, attack----trequartista, attack--inside forward, attack--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------complete forward, attack-----------------------------

Fluid, control (or perhaps counter vs a stronger team, attacking vs a weaker team)

Try it and see how you get on. :blush:

Cheers, I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

OC one of the midfielders is pretty much a dm, the other is box to box playmaker. The RM and LM are tucked in to be 3 am's.

What I'm finding is that the direct passing is working and getting through, but I'm not getting enough shots on goal or are limited to range.

Should i spread the AM out a little?

well i play with two attacking wingers and an attacking AM with the ST as an advanced forward , i always have the full backs on Auto rather than attacking or defending , i have 2 centre mids but one is put as a DM and the other is a box-box midfielder support. it seems to get me results but then i also get games where i have near on 30 shots 10 on target , lose the game 1-0 to the oppositions first shot on goal etc but on the whole it works for me :)

Modded it a little, but still using my personal preferences in it.

How would you suggest making it more defensive? Wing-backs down into full backs, Dm set as proper dm, modding it into a more traditional 4-5-1 with target man?

tactics.jpg

I meant like have them as full backs but click on them and you can set the thingy to wing backs, not sure if it makes much of a difference but it should certainly make them more attacking minded!

Modded it a little, but still using my personal preferences in it.

How would you suggest making it more defensive? Wing-backs down into full backs, Dm set as proper dm, modding it into a more traditional 4-5-1 with target man?

tactics.jpg

I use a formation like that for Rangers sometimes.

But I play wingers, with a AMC

21jzozc.png

My defence was shocking, but god, I love how much firepower I have in my team. :drool:

Got through to the cup final on goal difference. :blush:

I'm not even half way through February and my front 3 have scored 78 goals. :drool:

Start of my 3rd season.. won the super cup at the start of the season vs Lazio 5-0 without Aguero. :drool:

Ambrosini has been stripped of the captaincy as he's now a backup player, so my new captain is none other than Rino! Ochoa is my vice-captain.

141i6hy.png

Subs :

Mario Boriello - ST

Dominic Adiyiah - ST(highly rated young Ghanian striker)

Ronaldinho - AMC

Sedyou Keita - MC

Oguchi Onyewu - CB

Mathieu Flamini - RB, DM, MC(possible replacement for Gatusso)

Bastian Schweinsteiger - DM/AMC

Backup :

Christian Abbiati - GK

Juan Francisco - GK (16 year old, for the the future, got him from Real Madrid)

Gabriel Milito - SW/CB (got him on a free)

Gianluca Zambrotta - D/WB RL

Marek Jankulovski - D/WB L (retiring next year)

Massimo Ambrosini - DM

Steffen Hoffman - AMC

Clarence Seedorf - AMC

Martín Galván - AMC (18 year old Mexican for the future)

Signed a 16 year old Mexican right back who looks class.. won't join me till he's 18 though. Should be worth the 2 million! Got a 17 year old center mid who's meant to be better than Pirlo was.. was playing in the champions league for me when he was 16 at times, and another young CM who'll become good from my youth set-up. And lastly, got a wee striker in my youth team who should be the next Huntelaar for me!

I signed Fabregas for a cool 90 mil.. had to sell a few players but I got him. :drool:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Deciding whether to start a new game with Milan or Werder Bremen.

Also, Allzo, what patch are you playing on?

Go for Milan, sell a few people early on, win the league and you'll get like £70 million to spend!

And 9.3.0 I think.. it's been updated with the January transfers and that :o

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Go for Milan, sell a few people early on, win the league and you'll get like £70 million to spend!

Started as Werder Bremen :sherlock:

And I take it you mean 10.3?

Started as Werder Bremen :sherlock:

And I take it you mean 10.3?

Must be 10.3.. I'm not sure. :lol:

FM 10, latest patch, whatever that is. :blush: