How far in Europe can we REALISTICALLY GO

nvager

My opinion can be summed up by what I saw on Thurs night. Partizan had three great chances, all of which should have been put away. We may get away with it against Tel-Aviv, but if we give such chances to Osasuna or Bordeaux we will be punished.

Feb is a long way off and hopefully we will have improved a lot by then. (Contrary to what some posters think, plg is no mug). But as of now, I think we'll get knocked out inthe last 16.

My opinion can be summed up by what I saw on Thurs night. Partizan had three great chances, all of which should have been put away. We may get away with it against Tel-Aviv, but if we give such chances to Osasuna or Bordeaux we will be punished.

Feb is a long way off and hopefully we will have improved a lot by then. (Contrary to what some posters think, plg is no mug). But as of now, I think we'll get knocked out inthe last 16.

Keep optimistic, i think we can beat this team and the last 16 teams.

It really depends, yes we were poor against Partizan but we also had 5 reserve players in our starting squad, if yo rip the heart out of the team you cannot expect 5 people who haven't played together to suddenyl form a good partnership.

Anyway, we have had a lucky draw & we have every chance of getting to last 16 but we do require to strengthen in the January window, with a decent centre half & possibly another striker up front which can only improve our chances.

Can we possibly reach the semi's or even the final?

Or is that just a dream?

:unsure:

Good chace of making the last eight now Nvager,a couple new players(CH for sure) a wee bit of luck in the draw,final in Glasgow,I don't see why not. <rockon>

A think we can get to the last 8 aswell should take care of Hapoel tel-aviv and then the next round b tricky but if u wanna win the competition u need to beat teams like Bordeaux and Osasuna although a think if we make last 8 then thats an achievement in itself. As for Partizan game ffs we had 5 reserves out, denied a stonewall penalty, rae hit the post, sebo had 2chances saved and novo had 1 saved and apart from that we were already through

It would be great to get to the final this year. Especially after all the heart0ache we have suffered in the league in the past couple of seasons. And it being at Hampden would just turn the city into a party town. With the obvious exception of the East End of course.

Lets just hope we can beat the teams we need to beat and get to the last 8 first. Then see what happens from there.