Spot The Difference

Carsons Army

Even Lawell shock his head and Reid and the team had poppies on must have been getting a bit hot for them not to

But why the censorship and who authorised it?

Lawell shakes his head but he's not wearing a poppy either ??

i wonder if Mr Reid will be so scathing of his own support given that he was part of the government that sent many of these young men into this conflict

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also sent one :

As i watched the Falkirk V Celtic match on Sky Sports 3 today, i noticed a change in the sound levels just as they were about to have the minutes silence for rememberance day. Was hoping to get an answer as to why this happened. Was it done due to a request from the visiting team? or did someone fro Sky decide to have it done? I have seen a video clip on you tube & you can clearly hear the visiting fans showing their disrespect to the occasion by singing songs related to an Irish terrorist organistion. This behaviour is despicable & I feel that Sky & Celtic FC should make a public apology for this shameful behaviour. It has me thinking about my subscription package as it totally disgusted me that a company like yourselfs would consider doing something like this for so-called British citizens on a special day like today.

Thank you

Sky are wrong.

No matter their motives.

Live TV is, well, Live TV.

FFS They felt a need to show "half time" in Bucharest live!

(tu) Only a t****** could disagree with this !

What does that make me then?

Erm i dunno ! Do you work for Sky maybe ?!! :lol:

I cannot believe people are moaning at Sky for this. Fucking hell. They marked a minutes silence and did not allow mindless scum to ruin it. Some people here need to have another think about whats more important; Exposing the scum in the Celtic support, or remembering the lives given in war. Wouldn't surpise me if some people on here are happy the scum ruined this silence.

So you think they should get off scotfree? They should be exposed for what they are.....scum of the earth. Sky haven't even mentioned it, and that is scandalous.

Sky are wrong.

No matter their motives.

Live TV is, well, Live TV.

FFS They felt a need to show "half time" in Bucharest live!

(tu) Only a t****** could disagree with this !

What does that make me then?

Erm i dunno ! Do you work for Sky maybe ?!! :lol:

No, but I pretty fucked off at being called a t****** because I don't believe that Sky were wrong.

Who caled anybody anything ? <cr>

Sky were very wrong though ,IMO of course!

I cannot believe people are moaning at Sky for this. Fucking hell. They marked a minutes silence and did not allow mindless scum to ruin it. Some people here need to have another think about whats more important; Exposing the scum in the Celtic support, or remembering the lives given in war. Wouldn't surpise me if some people on here are happy the scum ruined this silence.

So you think they should get off scotfree? They should be exposed for what they are.....scum of the earth. Sky haven't even mentioned it, and that is scandalous.

I don't care that they are scum. All I care about today is remembering the lives given by millions in defence of this country in silent rememberence. Sky gave us that.

The people in the stadium didn't get to remember the fallen in silence, did they?

Kev - I fully understand your opinions on this and the reason Sky "may" have muted the sound, and I don't disagree with you.

However, I disagree that they were correct here, and its nothing to do with showing celtic up for what they are.

I would like to have seen the volume left turned on AND every celtic fan respecting the silence.

They never.

Live TV should not be interrupted to suit them.

I don't care that they are scum. All I care about today is remembering the lives given by millions in defence of this country in silent rememberence. Sky gave us that.

No they never.

And they hid the fact that they never, which is worse.

Kev - I fully understand your opinions on this and the reason Sky "may" have muted the sound, and I don't disagree with you.

However, I disagree that they were correct here, and its nothing to do with showing celtic up for what they are.

I would like to have seen the volume left turned on AND every celtic fan respecting the silence.

They never.

We would all liked to have seen that. But when it isn't going to happen, what should Sky do. Leave it to "expose" the scum? Or mute it and let people mark the silence?

They could have muted it and explained what they had to do and why.

I have just e-mailed my complaint and asked them whose decision it was to turn the mics off.

I went on to say that I would appreciatte an answer to my query. Failing that an apology on SKY SPORTS news.

Failure to answer would result in my cancelling my SKY subscription.

On another subject, on BBC news last night, they showed the silence being observed at a number of

games.

In all cases, the silence was impecably observed (at English grounds) at Ibrox the crowd was shown applauding. I imagine this was done deliberately to give the impression that applause is normal in Scotland and preparing the ground cover for the Scum.

Or am I too cynical?

They never.

We would all liked to have seen that. But when it isn't going to happen, what should Sky do. Leave it to "expose" the scum? Or mute it and let people mark the silence?

They could have muted it and explained what they had to do and why.

Correct.

"We will be muting the sound during the minutes silence so all our viewers can reflect in peace and not have their silence interrupted by the celtic fc fans who refuse to respect the silence. We apologise to our viewers for having to take this decision".

Simples.

How did they not? Sky gave the viewers the silence. They did not 'hide' the Celtic scum, they just didn't give them the time of day. They let the silence be silent.

The media exists to bring us unbiased reality. They can't just start arbitrality decided what and what isn't right. They have to err on the side of what actually happens.

Does anyone remember the 0-0 draw with motherwell at fir park early this season. I'm not sure if it was espn or sky - but after the penalty save from shagger you could hear the billy boys being sung. Think misterc made a thread on how it was good to hear it back yet people at the game said they never heard it getting sang. So did sky turn the volume up on a section of our support that day?

Turning up volume for one club, turning down volume for another censoring one clubs actions but not another - seems odd :rolleyes:

For whats it worth I'm glad soldiers relatives didn't have to listen to it, but at the very least skysports should be reporting it to the nation what really happened.

Me thinks some sort of handshake has went on between liewell and the powers that be at sky - to keep celtic looking rosy.

Kev, I've read all your posts and understand your point. However....something really needs to be done about the scummy Celtic fans who choose to ruin the day for everyone.

I know you are not happy that these scum do the things that they do, and want something done about it just like the rest of us. Sky are obviously more than capable of doing that. They choose to go into war zones and show you unbiased footage. They do not decide to show only one side of the conflict! My point is, they are supposed to show things as they happen/sound. It's not up to them to decide what is or not shown/heard. Had they now decided to show it, then someone capable of doing something about it may have been made aware of this without us having to do it for them!

If they are now taking Celtic to task and showing someone in authority what was actually heard then fine. If not, they are purely lending a hand to the sweep sweep broom! (tu)