Steven Whittaker

derekweir29

Whittaker has had enough time to learn how to defend, the amount of chances and now goals that are coming from his incompetence is unacceptable.

I think even Broadfoot would be a better option when he comes back, but I'd rather see McMillan.

To be honest, ever since we first bought him i have been far from convinced not only defensively but going forward as well. When we don't have the ball he is a liability because his positioning is atrocious and he can't tackle, he has no pace and zero strength, when he has the ball he looks like he doesn't know what to do with it and finds it next to impossible to pass to another blue shirt.

And to those who think he should move to right midfield...why??! Other than the odd flukey goal what has he ever created going forward? A useless player who should never be playing for a club the size of Rangers, he wasn't even all that amazing for Hibs!

The thing i find almost laughable is the number of folk on here who said when we were selling Hutton that we should take the money and run as we had a ready-made replacement in Whittaker! :anguish: Unbelievable.

I'm pissed off.

Eventually Whittaker's inability to defend was gonna cost us a game somewhere along the line and that happened today. His defending against Paton was absolutely pathetic. He should be nowhere near the first 11 against Falkirk next week but we all now he will start. We have Little, Mcmillan or even Bougherra that can play there. none of those 3 would have been beaten so easily today. get him out the f'ckin team NOW!

He does all the hard work, its just his final ball lets him down every time, its frustrating

Sort of agree with this. He's one of the most frustrating to watch because he's clearly capable, but seems to have no confidence whatsoever. He can take the ball past 3 players, then pass it straight back to them. Plus he needs to sort his fucking defending out. I've stuck up for him in the past but it's getting beyond a joke.

Didn't he play Right midfield with Hibs for that very reason, he just isn't a defender. I am very concerned with the fact that Walter continues to play out of from players every week.

Also the fact that Walter can't pick these players up off the floor, and give them a good talkng to to boost their confidence. I hope Walter goes in January. I think i will apply for the job, i surely couldn't be any worse than Walter is at the moment.

Whittaker has been awful...shockin defender but he's not our worst player..

Naismith offers nothing apart from effort....Lafferty,Novo and miller are the same....Weir can only hoof the ball 60 yards to noone...McCulloch....FUCKIN MCCULLOCH.AAAAAARRGHHHHHHHHH :angry:

We are an awful football side that needs another revamping........how many more rebuilding process' can we have .

Last year from January on he was probably the best player in the team & was a major factor in us winning the league.

He looked like he was going to progress into a top class player, however...........................

This season has been an Anus Horribliss for him.

Fish out of water

you know your right back is pretty pish when the thought of Broadfoot replacing him is not a bad idea. Wilson is also partly to blame because Lee Miller is a pathetic excuse for a striker. Put Bougherra there or give one of the kids a chance. Maybe the guy just needs a break, or an enormous boot up the arse