Dundee United v Rangers

j1mgg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think thats alot of shite.

any rangers fan who didnt go to the first game will be snapping up these tickets for £6/12

i know for a fact alot of students have bought tickets and a large group are travelling through from st andrews on busses.

Still cant understand this "boycott", led by the RST i see...

Seeing the Rangers end empty will give our players the extra boost they need and get it right up United! ...doh

Can someone explain how this "boycott" will help the team on the park in a hugely important game for us?

Well done to the punters who'll save a few quid, just think of the cash you'd have saved if you'd skipped ALL the Rangers games this season.

You'd be rich! Rich i tells ya! :anguish:

ps. I actually think they'll be a cracking Rangers support at the game, we love our team too much to desert them for a game of this importance.

Seeing the Rangers end empty will give our players the extra boost they need and get it right up United! ...doh

Can someone explain how this "boycott" will help the team on the park in a hugely important game for us?

Well done to the punters who'll save a few quid, just think of the cash you'd have saved if you'd skipped ALL the Rangers games this season.

ps. I actually think they'll be a cracking Rangers support at the game, we love our team too much to desert them for a game of this importance.

Well i'm "deserting" them Mr Uber-fan, guess i don't love the club too much.

I think all those who think these figures are inaccurate are rather living in hope.

Well, your post comes as a big surprise mccoist355! :lol:

Fans or no fans, it seems nothing gives this Rangers team "the extra boost they need." Were you at the Aberdeen game? The support were fantastic, the players were gutless and toothless. They needed a boost that day, the fans gave them all they could and it made not a blind bit of difference. Playing in front of a completely empty stadium couldn't have made them any more lethargic than they were up there.

Maybe the players will understand the lack of bodies, and will understand why the fans have taken this stand. Maybe they will agree and it will spur them on to "get it right up United." If they can't understand the fans' frustration at this rip-off, they should.

As for skipping all games and being rich, how many games have you missed this season? Just curious. Presumably you've been to all games regardless of cost, as you would hate not to show up and give the players a boost?

Fans or no fans, it seems nothing gives this Rangers team "the extra boost they need." Were you at the Aberdeen game? The support were fantastic, the players were gutless and toothless. They needed a boost that day, the fans gave them all they could and it made not a blind bit of difference. Playing in front of a completely empty stadium couldn't have made them any more lethargic than they were up there.

Maybe the players will understand the lack of bodies, and will understand why the fans have taken this stand. Maybe they will agree and it will spur them on to "get it right up United." If they can't understand the fans' frustration at this rip-off, they should.

As for skipping all games and being rich, how many games have you missed this season? Just curious. Presumably you've been to all games regardless of cost, as you would hate not to show up and give the players a boost?

i was at the pittodrie game, loved the atmosphere (rendition of udr4 particularly outstanding) but the team were poor.

but maybe they'd have been worse without our support. who knows? our away support is so good, few examples to point to really.

I dont deny im totally biased for the tannadice game becoz im going with my mrs. and im desperate for a rocking atmosphere in the gers end - like the first one!

i was at the pittodrie game, loved the atmosphere (rendition of udr4 particularly outstanding) but the team were poor.

but maybe they'd have been worse without our support. who knows? our away support is so good, few examples to point to really.

I dont deny im totally biased for the tannadice game becoz im going with my mrs. and im desperate for a rocking atmosphere in the gers end - like the first one!

So, the away support have been superb at every game, yet the team don't seem to get a boost from them. Why would it be different at Tannadice? If you're honestly suggesting they could have been worse at Pittodrie, I dread to think how. Absolutely gutless performance, nearly as bad as Unirea (ok, exaggeration there, but they were poor).

I missed the bit when you said how many games you've missed this season. Surely if you are berating fans for not attending, you must have been at them all?

Well done to the punters who'll save a few quid,

How are they saving a few quid? They paid for their ticket to watch the game and they didn't get it and they're being asked to fork out more money something they've already paid for.

I, for one, wouldn't have a go at any our fans who decided to boycott the game. They spend a fortune following The Rangers but don't want to be made mugs of. It's a shame though that others will now get to see the match for a lot cheaper, while the fans who went first time round are completely out-of-pocket.

first post on this forum but here goes....

Are you for real? Because people don't want ripped off that makes us less fans? Why are you placing the word boycott in quotation marks? Are you implying it isn't happening? It certainly is

It's not about deserting the team, if you want to go fair enough, but don't make us out less fans for having the balls to make a stand against getting ripped off

The people not going are doing you a favour

Are you for real? Because people don't want ripped off that makes us less fans? Why are you placing the word boycott in quotation marks? Are you implying it isn't happening? It certainly is

It's not about deserting the team, if you want to go fair enough, but don't make us out less fans for having the balls to make a stand against getting ripped off

And a fine first post it is! :clap:

Welcome to the forum mate (tu)

thanks mate :)

to get lectured on being basically a shit supporter for not going is laughable. It isn't the fact it's £12, it could have been £3 or £33, it's the principle of the thing which quite a few tend to forget...

What is this "boycott" going to achieve in practical terms?

Reduced ticket prices for fans to future games? No.

An outpouring of respect towards Rangers fans moral principles? No.

Reduced ticket prices for future abandoned matches? Perhaps. But since when was that a great cause?

I'm not denying we havent been fecked over, but this wont achieve anything practical, except lessen our chances of getting a win :(

Guest SandyWaTp

thanks mate :)

to get lectured on being basically a shit supporter for not going is laughable. It isn't the fact it's £12, it could have been £3 or £33, it's the principle of the thing which quite a few tend to forget...

(tu) Exactly

What is this "boycott" going to achieve in practical terms?

Reduced ticket prices for fans to future games? No.

An outpouring of respect towards Rangers fans moral principles? No.

Reduced ticket prices for future abandoned matches? Perhaps. But since when was that a great cause?

I'm not denying we havent been fecked over, but this wont achieve anything practical, except lessen our chances of getting a win :(

Good God, it'll show people that we are not willing to bend over and take it up the arse, regardless of how they try to treat us.

I repeat (again), how many games have you missed this season?