''I might not be leaving for a few years yet anyway''

Dextor

It'd be f*cking awful for him to stay for the next few years.

I'd seriously consider working weekends next season if Walter is still there, then call in the TO each matchday to get my ST cheaper the next season.

surely that depends on our level of success.

If we win a treble, would you happy to gamble it all Le Guen style? Remember, his credentials were second to none at the time.

The rule should be simple - we judge any manager on success - if he achieves it, he stays, if he doesnt, he goes.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd seriously consider working weekends next season if Walter is still there, then call in the TO each matchday to get my ST cheaper the next season.

If we win a treble, would you happy to gamble it all Le Guen style? Remember, his credentials were second to none at the time.

The rule should be simple - we judge any manager on success - if he achieves it, he stays, if he doesnt, he goes.

Boab was calling for smiths head the friday before he won then league. Whatever his problem is it's not football based.....

alex mcleish took us to the last 16 of the champions league, and only losing 1 game in euroe that whole season, with a team built on bosman buys, cheap players from scotland, and the occasional big player (buffell, fergie,)

PLG had us unbeaten in europe after taking over a team that could only finish 3rd in the SPL two horse race

smith has came back and spent more money than his 2 pre-decessors combined,

aside from the manchester final i exect nothing less from a team built on nearly 30million quid

Mcleish did an excellent job and for that i thank him.

Paul Le Guen however was a complete diddy who had us knocked out the League Cup at home to a lower league side and 17 points behind Celtic by Christmas. Do not even put this numpty in the same sentence as our legendary manager. (tu)

The Manchester side was built on ÂŁ12m. We brought in ÂŁ20m that season through European revenue and there was also player sales.

This ÂŁ30m i keep hearing is just a load nonsense. Players have come and gone. Walter has spent net ÂŁ6m in 3 years.

Well said that man! (tu)

Todays fans are so fickle…. (td)

Boab's obviously not of the loyal variety.

:lol:

Boab was calling for smiths head the friday before he won then league. Whatever his problem is it's not football based.....

Its very Football based.

He came to steady the ship and that ship is sinking again.

Its very Football based.

The ship would sink a lot faster if Smith walked atm Boab.

I don't think Boab quite understands the financial position at the club.

Its very Football based.

Maybe so, but I'm talking about where we are now squad wise and how backward the Football it is - we lack many basics.

Its very Football based.

You rate Lee McCulloch.

And generally I struggle to take you seriously.

Paul Le Guen however was a complete diddy who had us knocked out the League Cup at home to a lower league side and 17 points behind Celtic by Christmas. Do not even put this numpty in the same sentence as our legendary manager. (tu)

walter smith's tactics have embarrassed us in europe this year, did PLG?

This ÂŁ30m i keep hearing is just a load nonsense. Players have come and gone. Walter has spent net ÂŁ6m in 3 years.

yes and our team is worse, we have no right back, a centre half at left back, a 39year old playing every single game at centre half, no proper wide midfielders, no attacking midfielders, 2 defensive mids that cannot defend, and no bustling centre forward that can stand up for himself ala cousin and even darcheville to an extent

ffs we sent 2million on miller who at times is no better than sebo,

smiths spending in the transfer market is questionable at best since his return, and considering we need to be extra careful with cash, he deserves all the grief he gets for it

3.5mill on lafferty :rolleyes:

Giving up watching the team because you have a personal dislike of the manager is very fickle........

Its very Football based.

You rate Lee McCulloch.

I've just found out you wanted Walter sacked a week before we won the title.

I struggle to take you seriously. (tu)

Giving us watching the team because you have a personal dislike if the manager is very fickle........

Wouldn't as much of a dislike of the Manager but of what he puts on the park, the tactics etc.

Not just Boab was calling for his head. There were thousands of fans after the 1-1 draw with Hibs.

Its very Football based.

You rate Lee McCulloch.

I said he should leave, regardless of what happened on the Sunday. Slightly different.

Not just Boab was calling for his head. There were thousands of fans after the 1-1 draw with Hibs.

no wonder, that first half was a fucking disgrace, the amount of high balls we pumped only to see that baldy bastard jones head them clear was criminal

Its very Football based.

You rate Lee McCulloch.

He wrote an article on it that was published on the site on the firday befofre we won the thing.....i wrote a reply article..... :sherlock:

People can point to Smiths mistakes and weaknesses - and course he has many of them!

But he has many strengths as well.... <cr>

If only there was a way of judging overall a manager's performance throughout the season....

:rolleyes: Hmmm.... what could that be?

walter smith's tactics have embarrassed us in europe this year, did PLG?

yes and our team is worse, we have no right back, a centre half at left back, a 39year old playing every single game at centre half, no proper wide midfielders, no attacking midfielders, 2 defensive mids that cannot defend, and no bustling centre forward that can stand up for himself ala cousin and even darcheville to an extent

ffs we sent 2million on miller who at times is no better than sebo,

smiths spending in the transfer market is questionable at best since his return, and considering we need to be extra careful with cash, he deserves all the grief he gets for it

3.5mill on lafferty :rolleyes:

Are you really trying to defend PLG? We'll just ignore being knocked out the league cup to a lower league side and being 17 points behind Celtic by Christmas just because he was unbeaten in the UEFA Cup group stage? Walter took us to the UEFA Cup Final incase you've forgotten!!!! :rolleyes:

1 League Title, 2 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cup, 1 UEFA Cup Final... all this with an inept manager apparently! <cr>

Thousands were just as daft as boab but i used him as an example, a figurehead for the dafties if you like..... :pipe:

no wonder, that first half was a fucking disgrace, the amount of high balls we pumped only to see that baldy bastard jones head them clear was criminal

I was one (NEVER been more furious than after that hibs game) - but that was only on the assumption we would then go on to lose the league. We didnt.

It was a fine line to be sure - but Smith came up trumps in the end. (tu)