''I might not be leaving for a few years yet anyway''

Dextor

The 61-year-old said: "I don't think there is any doubt my position was being considered in the early part of this year. A lot of the aspects surrounding the club at the time ensured that was the case.

"But none of that matters much to me at the stage I'm at in my career. I worry more for the likes of Kenny and Ally.

"Ally gave up an awful lot to take up the job at Rangers and I've made no secret of the fact that, when I leave, I would like him to get the chance to takeover.

Slash "I might not be leaving for a few years yet anyway. Then again, I might be leaving in a few weeks. These are the circumstances we are in.

"It's not easy to make long term decisions so we just get on with it. It has not been affecting us a great deal and I don't think it's been affecting the team either."

Fantastic news!!!! :D

These latest comments tell us that Walter would be willing to stay on a few years yet. The media have been speculating for that last few months that Walter would infact retire in the summer, that now doesn't appear to be the case. Ultimately it'll be the new owners decision but at least we know Walter would be willing to consider staying on for a few years. :clap:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be f*cking awful for him to stay for the next few years.

I'd seriously consider working weekends next season if Walter is still there, then call in the TO each matchday to get my ST cheaper the next season.

He also said he may 'go in the next few weeks'?

The statement was more an indication of the uncertainty surrounding the club, and a feeling of responsibilty towards McCoist's position as he asked him back to club.

I'd be rather chuffed Boab. :D

We know.

You're a bigger fan of him than Alex Salmond is of independence.

Am i right in saying this is the first time Walter has expressed his desire to possibly stay on for a few years?

We know.

Am i right in saying this is the first time Walter has expressed his desire to possibly stay on for a few years?

Pass though maybe I'm forgotten due to fear and not wanting to remember.

The statement was more an indication of the uncertainty surrounding the club, and a feeling of responsibilty towards McCoist's position as he asked him back to club.

I think he's basically saying he'd like to stay on for a few years but he recognises a new owner could come in at any time and decide he wants his own man at the helm.

I'd seriously consider working weekends next season if Walter is still there, then call in the TO each matchday to get my ST cheaper the next season.

I have only missed 4 games in the last 20 odd years but if Smith stays on I doubt if I will renew my season ticket. I have lived and watched through worse times than this but the performances and the sheer frustration at team selections and tactics does not make our games enjoyable or at times tolerable.

We know.

Pass though maybe I'm forgotten due to fear and not wanting to remember.

Oh dear... :lol:

I have only missed 4 games in the last 20 odd years but if Smith stays on I doubt if I will renew my season ticket. I have lived and watched through worse times than this but the performances and the sheer frustration at team selections and tactics does not make our games enjoyable or at times tolerable.

Yeah, its quite the chore going these days.

I think he's basically saying he'd like to stay on for a few years but he recognises a new owner could come in at any time and decide he wants his own man at the helm.

Of course he would, I'm sure he'd like £20m to spend in January as well.

He was speaking hypothetically, he could still be there in 15 years. Probably wont be tho.

We know.

To my ears that sounds more like a 'threat' than anything else.

I would be sorely depressed at the thought of several more years of the Smith defensive dogma.

:anguish:

He was speaking hypothetically, he could still be there in 15 years. Probably wont be tho.

Jimbo i just think it's very positive news after all the speculation about him retiring. This tells me he's not ready to call it a day just yet. I see no reason why Walter can't manage us for another few years minimum.

We know.

I would be sorely depressed at the thought of several more years of the Smith defensive dogma.

smiths not defensive

he just loves to play counter attacking football against worse opposition than us

its a tactic called "making an arse of it" :rolleyes:

Jimbo i just think it's very positive news after all the speculation about him retiring. This tells me he's not ready to call it a day just yet. I see no reason why Walter can't manage us for another few years minimum.

As much as I feel he should stay during this period of transition, I honestly think he's taken us as far as he can.

Ok money has been an issue, but he is struggling against Scottish teams who spend far far less than he has.

What we are seeing just now is not good enough. I respect WS for who he is and what he's done/is doing for our club, but I think it would be better if he were to step aside once the uncertainty around the club is cleared up.

We know.

smiths not defensive

he just loves to play counter attacking football against worse opposition than us

My apologies - I obviously don't know as much about tic-tacs as Uncle What's-his-name does.

(Drops trousers and beats himself on the legs with a large cane)

:sherlock:

smiths not defensive

My apologies - I obviously don't know as much about tic-tacs as Uncle What's-his-name does.

good for you

imagine slagging a man that went to spain against osasuna needing a goal, and started with sebo up front on his own, or a manager that needed to beat a team of farmers and brickies in this seasons chamions league, only to put mcculloch in centre half :rolleyes:

smiths not defensive

good for you

imagine slagging a man that went to spain against osasuna needing a goal, and started with sebo up front on his own, or a manager that needed to beat a team of farmers and brickies in this seasons chamions league, only to put mcculloch in centre half :rolleyes:

Or a manager who went to Lyon and won 3-0, or a manager who has beaten the tims 6 times since his return, or a manager who has won 1 League title, 2 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cup and made the UEFA Cup Final. All this on the back of taking over a team who for the two previous seasons had been out the title race before Christmas and hadn't won a trophy. What a shocking tactically inept manager we have eh! <cr>

Todays fans are so fickle…. (td)

Boab's obviously not of the loyal variety.

smiths not defensive

good for you

Or a manager who went to Lyon and won 3-0, or a manager who has beaten the tims 6 times since his return, or a manager who has won 1 League title, 2 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cup and made the UEFA Cup Final. All this on the back of taking over a team who for the two previous seasons had been out the title race before Christmas and hadn't won a trophy. What a shocking tactically inept manager we have eh! <cr>

alex mcleish took us to the last 16 of the champions league, and only losing 1 game in euroe that whole season, with a team built on bosman buys, cheap players from scotland, and the occasional big player (buffell, fergie,)

PLG had us unbeaten in europe after taking over a team that could only finish 3rd in the SPL two horse race

smith has came back and spent more money than his 2 pre-decessors combined,

aside from the manchester final i exect nothing less from a team built on nearly 30million quid