Scouts at Dens - Leigh Griffiths?

zamba

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love how rangers have a scout at a dundee game and suddenly it must be griffiths

haha well who the fuck else is it going to be? :lol:

how does it have to be him they were there to see? last i checked there was 22 players on a park. i forgot though the media are the people in the know.

love how rangers have a scout at a dundee game and suddenly it must be griffiths

haha well who the fuck else is it going to be? :lol:

how does it have to be him they were there to see? last i checked there was 22 players on a park. i forgot though the media are the people in the know.

maybe because he is their best player by a distance? its not rocket science, he is widely talked about and we would be looking at an average player in the first division, he would have to be a stand out

hes no even a great player. Never thought id see the day when people would be excited about looking at a striker who has been out scored in the leauge by simon donnelly ffs

Surely it's good news that we are actively scouting one of the brightest talents in Scottish football?

A 19 year old with a goal record of 1 in 2 in the second highest tier of Scottish football shouldn't be baulked at and I'm sure it wouldn't be if he was some upstart in the second division in France or Portugal.

People always slate the club for our lack of scouting and activity in that department, yet when we do it you get a reply like this.

It seems that the powers that be simply cannot win.

hes no even a great player. Never thought id see the day when people would be excited about looking at a striker who has been out scored in the leauge by simon donnelly ffs

Surely it's good news that we are actively scouting one of the brightest talents in Scottish football?

A 19 year old with a goal record of 1 in 2 in the second highest tier of Scottish football shouldn't be baulked at and I'm sure it wouldn't be if he was some upstart in the second division in France or Portugal.

People always slate the club for our lack of scouting and activity in that department, yet when we do it you get a reply like this.

ive never critiscised the scouting system. its not exactly a gem they have uncovered. he played in the 1st division last year at livi and done well, hes doing well at dundee this year, but for him to come to Rangers there is a massive gulf. We cant allow players 2 years to settle or show there potential. We see it with burke and co, who is now playing pretty well with cardiff, yet when he was here you could see the pressure was too much for him.

Im not baulking at it, but were does he fit in in our current squad with the regime we have at the minute? when would he get a chance? im not going to get excited about a young boy we could have signed last year for 100k now dundee will play the 800k-1mil card and he aint worth that. dundee have a new owner who isnt desperate for a few hundred thousand so unless the lad starts digging his heels in and demanding a move then it will be top dollar for him

Did Leigh Griffiths play well at the weekend.. anyone know?

Yes, and scored. Played well according to a few I've spoken to.

How much would he cost?

Don't know, but he wouldn't be cheap. Probably £1.5m+.

Should have been scouted earlier. West Brom, Dundee, Reading....were all after him, Livi were in a financial mess, they rejected a bid from Dundee for £200k - Dundee eventually got him for £125k.

Did Leigh Griffiths play well at the weekend.. anyone know?

Yes, and scored. Played well according to a few I've spoken to.

i know a few dundee guys thru work and theyve been raving about the guy harkins they got from partick thistle

He played quite well against us, certainly don't think he's good enough for Rangers. Central attacking midfielder.

Not good enough for Rangers but having seen him plenty of times for Thistle, Gary Harkins is also far too good for the first division.

I do know that Gary Harkins is a die hard tim. I played with him at junior level before he went to England. I think it was Blackburn he went to. Gary is a very good player. Got to admit, Griffiths is a quality player but it depends on the transition to SPL level I suppose if he could hack it.