Monitor 'shaking'?

Davy

I just bought a new computer, and to save buying a new monitor aswell I just plugged my computer into my telly, a 32" HDTV.

The thing is, my picture seems to be 'shaking' for some weird reason! I've tried adjusting setting on my tv and settings on my computer itself, but to no avail!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Right click on you desktop and click properties from the drop down menu,

click the settings tab and try changing the screen resolution

Might not make a difference, but worth a try

Tried it mate, it doesn't sort it.

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought a new computer, and to save buying a new monitor aswell I just plugged my computer into my telly, a 32" HDTV.

The thing is, my picture seems to be 'shaking' for some weird reason! I've tried adjusting setting on my tv and settings on my computer itself, but to no avail!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Does it shake when you don't touch the mouse?

I would make sure that your graphic card driver is up to date. Also try changing the refresh rate of the screen, it may that which is causing the problem.

It can also weirdly enough be down to the mouse driver, try updating it to see what that does.

Also is it only when you use the internet? If so are you using Firefox?

It may be down to what you have ur Hertz set to on ur PC. if its too low it could be making the screen shake

try

Start > Control Panel > Display > Setting > Advanced then go to Monitor, check the Hertz and try upping them a bit to suit ur model of TV and see how that goes.

Definately sounds like a resolution issue with the setting. You should have a dedicated program for your graphics card that will give you alot more options to choose from rather than just the inbuilt windows display settings that only has about two options to change. Watch out as it could bugger your tv or graphics card.

• 1 month later...