Golden boot leader...

OzGers

Defoe comes to mind on 15 goals (x2 handicap) = 30 points

Last year 64 points won it for forlan 32 goals(x2 handicap), boyd would need score 43 goals(x1.5 handicap) to get 64.5 points.

There is definitely a site because i remember someone on here posting last year , it automatically updates each players points. Cant mind the sites name though :(

He's also third in the quest to win the Euro prize, with the two hitmen ahead of him having already completed their seasons in the Russian and Latvian leagues.

Spartak Moscow striker Welliton is in the lead after netting 21 goals, while Liepaja ace Kristaps Grebis has 30 goals.

The Sun.

Last year 64 points won it for forlan 32 goals(x2 handicap), boyd would need score 43 goals(x1.5 handicap) to get 64.5 points.

There is definitely a site because i remember someone on here posting last year , it automatically updates each players points. Cant mind the sites name though :(

Its mental points shouldnt be involved, a goal is a goal no matter where its scored.

just read the article on the sun website he is in 3rd place behind a guy from latvia and a guy from russia with 28 and the leader with 30 and there leagues are already finished to this is boydy's season he is at 19 so 11 to go and he is top scorer in europe and will get the golden shoe also the sun golden boot is 1st to 25 and he is 4 infront at the mo so maybe 3 golden boots for the king of kings this season

nice one...so in terms of teams still playing in europe, he is the front runner...lets hope he adds to the tally this weekend...he is definately in with a great shout of scoring 30 plus goals this term...

Its mental points shouldnt be involved, a goal is a goal no matter where its scored.

Thats what happens when Rangers win things in Europe mate. Win a trophy & we get banned from defending it,just for celebrating, win an award, they talk about rule changes, win said award AGAIN and they make up ridiculous rules to put an end to it.

UEFA can go fuck themselves.

the points sytem isn't a joke at all. it credits strikers playing against higher quality opposition.

If Boyd played in the Premiership, i don't think that he could score 20-30 goals per season. It's a tough, tough league with a much higher standard of player in all positions. He'd be playing against the likes of Terry, Carvalho, Vermaelen, Vidic, Carragher, etc, etc.

Playing in the SPL against the likes of Wilkie, Dods, Loovens, Caldwell, Saunders, etc - is not in the same class in the slightest.

I love Boydy and I'm not slating him, but in our league, he will find it difficult to win the Golden Boot, He'd probably need to hit above 40 goals to have a good chance of winning it, be awesome iof he could get up to that amount of goals for us :)

the points sytem isn't a joke at all. it credits strikers playing against higher quality opposition.

If Boyd played in the Premiership, i don't think that he could score 20-30 goals per season. It's a tough, tough league with a much higher standard of player in all positions. He'd be playing against the likes of Terry, Carvalho, Vermaelen, Vidic, Carragher, etc, etc.

Playing in the SPL against the likes of Wilkie, Dods, Loovens, Caldwell, Saunders, etc - is not in the same class in the slightest.

I love Boydy and I'm not slating him, but in our league, he will find it difficult to win the Golden Boot, He'd probably need to hit above 40 goals to have a good chance of winning it, be awesome iof he could get up to that amount of goals for us :)

I agree. And how ridiculous that people are saying that the point system was mainly created in order to handicap Rangers! doh

You are right, I would happily see a goal count for a goal, not every award has to go to the premiership.