The Loving Cup

minstral

Our club will have to wait until the Hearts game when Rangers officals and their opposite numbers drink a toast to our monarch. Its always the first home game of every year, and can you imagine when it was Celtic that used to be our first game. :)

Our club will have to wait until the Hearts game when Rangers officals and their opposite numbers drink a toast to our monarch. Its always the first home game of every year, and can you imagine when it was Celtic that used to be our first game. :)

Wonder how shettleston harriers like o'neil etc liked that one.

:sherlock:

Andy Cameron tells an anecdote about this. He was invited to the Ne'erday Old Firm match by a Rangers director and was present when the Loving Cup ceremony took place. He claims the loudest voice in the room singing God Save the Queen was Desmond White the then Celtic chairman.

Andy Cameron tells an anecdote about this. He was invited to the Ne'erday Old Firm match by a Rangers director and was present when the Loving Cup ceremony took place. He claims the loudest voice in the room singing God Save the Queen was Desmond White the then Celtic chairman.

Remember that from the 'Rangers Gold' video - would love to see that again.

got that up in the loft somewhere!! :craphead:

Can't find mine anywhere, they should release it on DVD, it was a brilliant introduction to our history for me as a youngster. :21:

Remember that story too. Also remember from that video about that daft bird who used to own Birmingham when she was invited to Ibrox and was shown around the trophy room she said that she owned one of those cups. When questioned where it was she said that it was where people put their wet brollies when they came out of the rain. Nae class eh??

(tu) On my shelves doonstairs. Well worth a re-watch.

Can't find mine anywhere, they should release it on DVD, it was a brilliant introduction to our history for me as a youngster. :21:

I'd agree with that. The other one that taught me alot was the play "Follow,Follow". Thought that was brilliant.

(tu) On my shelves doonstairs. Well worth a re-watch.

WTF you still have a video player?, I know the US is backward but FFS we haven't had these contraptions for years now.

:P