Rangers Historian.....

D'Artagnan

Apparently McElroy is claiming he knows Ferguson celebrated our defeat by St Johnstone and that Boyd told saints defenders "dont worry I wont be trying"

Potentially explosive but also very libellous stuff if thats whats in print!

McElroy seems to have kept his nose clean up until now has he not?

This is putting his career at risk, espicially if both players furiously deny the allegations. He's out on his neck here, was it worth it?

will this make the tabloids?

This is all we need right at this moment, if ever. One thing, these type of shannanigans will never happen under Smith or the players involved will be strung up by the balls and booted out of the club!

Apparently McElroy is claiming he knows Ferguson celebrated our defeat by St Johnstone and that Boyd told saints defenders "dont worry I wont be trying"

Sounds like a case for our learned friends the libel lawyers

Apparently the issue with the article in it came out about 2 weeks ago.

Haven't got the whole article but got this snippet from it......

"When your own captain openly celebrates the St. Johnstone defeat in a hospitality box at the ground, and your leading goalscorer advises his opponents in the self-same game that he is not trying a leg in the hope that defeat would lead to a change of manager then what hope is there for the coach?"

Find it hard to believe to be honest Fergie would be so stupid to openly celebrate such a defeat in a hospitality box at Ibrox...

Find it hard to believe to be honest Fergie would be so stupid to openly celebrate such a defeat in a hospitality box at Ibrox...

My thoughts exactly (tu)

Potentially explosive but also very libellous stuff if thats whats in print!

me too minstral, but Im sure it cant be true.

There are a number of points to this.

1. It is not POTENTIALLY a very serious allegation - it IS a very serious allegation.

2. It is SO serious an allegation, and such a CLEAR accusation, that IF it is untrue it is a clear case of libel which would put him out of business IF UNTRUE.

3. IF any action is forthcoming by the players then clearly the allegations are untrue.

4. IF NO action is forthcoming, then one would be entitled to believe there is some truth in what is being said.

As to the allegations themselves;

1. What does 'openly celebrated' mean ? Does it mean did a jig and let out whoops of delight ? If that is what is meant then I doubt if 6 6 6 would be doing that. Much as I hate his subsequent actions I cannot imagine him being in any way delighted to see Rangers lose. If it means he was expressing a kind of Schadenfreude with respect to PLG then that is more believable.

2. As for Boyd, I have it on fairly decent authority that he has been somewhat loose with his 'talk' to players from others clubs this season, as has his buddy. The talk was not conducive to someone 'bursting a gut' for his manager. Therefore I would be more inclined to believe the Boyd part than the 6 6 6 part.

As to what this does to our undwerstanding of the situation, I don't think it changes anything.

To anyone with an objective viewpoint there is no doubt that Boyd and 6 6 6 undermined the manager, caused disharmony, did not like the work ethic, and were constantly mouthing off behind the scenes. There is no need of further evidence, it is already an overwhelming case.

To those blinded by the goals of Boyd, and the ability of 6 6 6 they will never be convinced that they were anything other than angels.

1. It is not POTENTIALLY a very serious allegation - it IS a very serious allegation.

2. It is SO serious an allegation, and such a CLEAR accusation, that IF it is untrue it is a clear case of libel which would put him out of business IF UNTRUE.

3. IF any action is forthcoming by the players then clearly the allegations are untrue.

4. IF NO action is forthcoming, then one would be entitled to believe there is some truth in what is being said.

1. What does 'openly celebrated' mean ? Does it mean did a jig and let out whoops of delight ? If that is what is meant then I doubt if 6 6 6 would be doing that. Much as I hate his subsequent actions I cannot imagine him being in any way delighted to see Rangers lose. If it means he was expressing a kind of Schadenfreude with respect to PLG then that is more believable.

2. As for Boyd, I have it on fairly decent authority that he has been somewhat loose with his 'talk' to players from others clubs this season, as has his buddy. The talk was not conducive to someone 'bursting a gut' for his manager. Therefore I would be more inclined to believe the Boyd part than the 6 6 6 part.

As to what this does to our undwerstanding of the situation, I don't think it changes anything.

To anyone with an objective viewpoint there is no doubt that Boyd and 6 6 6 undermined the manager, caused disharmony, did not like the work ethic, and were constantly mouthing off behind the scenes. There is no need of further evidence, it is already an overwhelming case.

To those blinded by the goals of Boyd, and the ability of 6 6 6 they will never be convinced that they were anything other than angels.

controversial

controversial

I think AH hits the nail on the head. I don't think there has been any secret of the hostility Boyd held for PLG and I am not surprised at all that he suggested he wouldn't be trying, its not like his game changes much between trying and not trying??? As for BF, if he and PLG hated each other as much as they seemed to then Bazza would always have mixed feelings over both winning and losing. His love of the club would want him to lament a loss while his hatred for PLG would drive him to at least a wry smile that he was struggling??

Nothing new really here but it may be a different slant which will enlighten some of Barry and Boydy's fans to realise the halos may have slipped a tad

I think AH hits the nail on the head. I don't think there has been any secret of the hostility Boyd held for PLG and I am not surprised at all that he suggested he wouldn't be trying, its not like his game changes much between trying and not trying???

Will somone tell him then ...

"BOYDIE...WE HAVE A NEW MANAGER ! !"