Potential dilemma - just for a bit of fun

papaguy51

Stolen this idea from a post from craigyboy, so here goes.....

Last game of the season.

Rangers have won the league 5 weeks before, while Hibs are a point behind Celtic with one game in hand to play.

That game is against us on the last day. Hibs beat us, and Celtic finish third.

What would you do?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of fans will say: "Fuck everyone else, as long as we win all the time", but it'd be interesting to see if there was a difference in this scenario.

Christ, this scenario isn't even a million miles away!

I'll just copy and paste my response to GCL from the other thread (because I'm lazy :dry: ):

100% agree (tu)

There will be people who say "Rangers first," "we should win every game," etc but I completely agree with you. Give celtc absolutely no chance at the Champions League money just by losing a game in a league that's already won? Hell yeah! :)

Exactly, we have a chance to strike a telling blow this year, we're on the ropes finanncially, but we have a team who know how to win and apart from 1 or 2 i think man for man we've a better team. We could lose 10 nil to Hibs and i still wouldnt give a shit, because the bigger picture is that we need all that CL money next year.

Rangers and Celtic would never be allowed to play on the last day of the season, even if the league was over by the time the split is made. The SPL and the Police would never allow it.

Celtic would have played all their games and sit one point ahead of Hibs in my scenario, while Hibs had their last game against us.

You have misread Lee. A bit early to be on the drink :(

Rangers and Celtic would never be allowed to play on the last day of the season, even if the league was over by the time the split is made. The SPL and the Police would never allow it.

He is talking about playing Hibs on the last day.

Tough one... no-one likes pissing on them more than me, but to sacrifice what might be a long unbeaten record just for a laugh at their expense (when to be honest we'll have no shortage of those anyway)....

I'll go for NO - we should win the game and rise above their level.

Good question though.

Celtic would have played all their games and sit one point ahead of Hibs in my scenario, while Hibs had their last game against us.

Surely, all games would be on at the same time? So Hibs would be 1 point ahead of celtc and only need a win to secure 2nd place?

But yes, Lee, it's a bit early to be drinking. The thread is about us playing HIbs (tu)

Surely, all games would be on at the same time? So Hibs would be 1 point ahead of celtc and only need a win to secure 2nd place?

But yes, Lee, it's a bit early to be drinking. The thread is about us playing HIbs (tu)

He's probably still pished from last night! ha ha

Lee in Epic Fail shocker. :blush:

Ah, fuck it, i don't care. I'm in too good a mood this morning. :D

Ahh, people are picking apart my fun scenario :anguish:

Lighten up! You cunts!

The scenario still works, just tweak it a bit so that it could happen. Oh, and it's craigyboy's scenario, what would your journalist chums say about your blatant plagiarism! :P