More sweep sweeping by the Scottish media...

mccoist355

Can you imagine the uproar if a player headhunted by us had said in an interview "i'm from Ulster and i'm protestant so a move to Rangers would be massive for me..."???

Here's an interview with Sean St. Ledger, the moody c*nt from that Peterborough documentary a few years back.

I think everyone that plays for Ireland always has a link with Celtic. I am Catholic as well so it would have been massive for me if I had that opportunity, but I never had it.

Interesting quote. Rest of the article here: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Trans...icle310761.html

Now contrast it to the Daily Record article:

"The move was something I would have definitely considered if there had been a bid accepted. I think everyone who plays for Ireland always has a link with Celtic. It would have been massive for me if I had that opportunity, but I never had it.

Note the omission of the "i am a catholic" justification for wanting to join the scum.

Here is a player who has clearly been headhunted by celtic. I'm sure he is a decent young defender, but there are many of these around. Why should they go for him?

He's Irish. He's Catholic. No mention of being a celtic fan. As he says. He clearly believes these factors have played an important role in his suitability for playing for the tims, otherwise why mention them?

Why are the tims protected from this tarring with the sectarian brush??

sickening bigoted whanker

:(

what a disgrace

The interesting thing is that St. Ledger's quote clearly shows that Septic are viewed as a "catholic club" in England at least.

Yet this is far from the image the tims want portrayed. So why would the Record play ball and so carefully remove those specific few words?

Its shocking that there is still this sort of attitude in 2010

outside Scotland Celtic seem to be a byword for 'Catholic' and Rangers 'Protestant'

St Ledger is buying into a myth

The Record should've printed it though

Do you not see that Septic themselves are fuelling the "myth" by seeking out the St. Ledgers of this world - irish and catholic but with seemingly no other link to them - to play for them.

Its shocking that there is still this sort of attitude in 2010

outside Scotland Celtic seem to be a byword for 'Catholic' and Rangers 'Protestant'

St Ledger is buying into a myth

The Record should've printed it though

Do you not see that Septic themselves are fuelling the "myth" by seeking out the St. Ledgers of this world - irish and catholic but with seemingly no other link to them - to play for them.

I do see that - they have done it for years

the Record would do a 6 page bigotry special if a player said I'm scottish and Protestant and it would be an honour to play for Rangers

NBM, C O'Brien, McConnell, Salmon they would all be out going mental, liewell shouting about integrity bla bla!!!!!! :lol:

were not allowed an identity its "the celtic Scotland way" :D