Thinking of joining the RST............

MisterC

i would have to advise not. i dont think the rst or rsa are the right organisations to take us forward. One is too close to rangers(unconfirmed) and the other is about making money for certain people(unconfirmed). We need a new organisation that is non profit based and has no links to our club. I cant see this happening so you will just have to trust your own judgement.

rsa are the mouthpiece and sound to much like politicians,they agree with the trust on so many of the"we deserve better" issues,but blythe and co. wont come out and say it.

i prefer the trust,but i really dont think either body does much good.

the fact is that they are both misled at meetings,so i dont see the point in either attending,or responding.

It would maybe be good to allow them both to have a pitch because the majority of what we hear in here about them is bitchy remarks without really knowing what has happened in the past. I for one would like to know more about them both and why there is so much negativity about them both. I mean the truth about them both.

Would I be wasting my time and money? I know some have said the only way to change it is to join and vote on matters which come up but would anything be achieved and would it be a case of joining little more than a talking shop? Thoughts please folks.....

If that's the goup i think it is and the one accociated to F F then the answer would be no. Try and go into F F and give an honest opinion even about a player.

BTW guys like Edgar i have no issues with but when you do disagree with some of his points his wannabe fans get you banned or just slaughter you. Not Edgar or the RST fault but doesn't help give it credibility!

I would say don't join the main association and recognised association is the way to go!

You've started this deliberately. Nasty man.

Well i didnt type my post out and press submit by accident, its not like my hand slipped!

You know exactly what I mean!

If your thinking what i think you are thinking you are wrong. The RST needs sensible rational intelligent people on it to survive and in principle organisations like the RST are needed. The more people join the more chance there is of it moving away from being the political wing of ££

until the RST ( which was started for the right reasons ) has a membership of notable amount it will never be taken seriously , I am a life member , but am not holding out much hope , our best chance is if we can get united under a common goal , as the RSA are a complete joke as well

How many are there?

:lol: Cant believe thats the only time its been asked, times are a changin

You've started this deliberately. Nasty man.

Well i didnt type my post out and press submit by accident, its not like my hand slipped!

You know exactly what I mean!

If your thinking what i think you are thinking you are wrong. The RST needs sensible rational intelligent people on it to survive and in principle organisations like the RST are needed. The more people join the more chance there is of it moving away from being the political wing of ££

until the RST ( which was started for the right reasons ) has a membership of notable amount it will never be taken seriously , I am a life member , but am not holding out much hope , our best chance is if we can get united under a common goal , as the RSA are a complete joke as well

How many are there?

:lol: Cant believe thats the only time its been asked, times are a changin

I'm resigned to the fact we're unlikely to ever find out.

I was told, from Mr Edgar no less :P

And actual another member but that may be less than trustworthy :sherlock:

Why would you join the RST? The sad thing is that it could be a great organisation but its approach is such that the Club don't want to deal with it and anyone with any sort of business acumen and intelligence leaves soon after joining the board.

Edited: Please refrain from the personal stuff - Frankie

:)

The guy needs to know what goes on with these people. Regardless, count me out of any organisation that has a communist on the Board.

I'm resigned to the fact we're unlikely to ever find out.

Really?

When I asked I was given a full reply.

Aye, but was it accurate?

I asked how many members it had and was sniffily told I had "Been reading RM too much", despite the fact that at that point I had never heard of RM.

You may have been given a reply and fair do's if so, but many, many people have found it easier to get blood out of a stone.

I've seen some less than flattering things about Dingwall and others from the RST on other threads? Are they as bad as has been made out or are people just jealous of them?

Just jealous, in the case of Mr Dingwall, of his 'boy band' physique.

Poor MisterC. He wanted this thread to become a battleground.

Not at all Kev., I wanted to hear reasons why people should join from existing members and wanted to start a debate on the whole issue. If the RST is to exist then a debate over its future direction is needed.

:lol:

I almost believe you sometimes

Yeah but come on Kev, my main argument i am putting forward is that if people want it to change perhaps they should join the organisation and seek to influence it. Its all very well putting forward a critique of the RST but surely if people really want it to change its direction they should join and seek to influence it by voting on whatever issues come up and so on. Also I find it hard to believe that its leadership act in the Stalinist nature that some have stated.

If the RST is to exist then a debate over its future direction is needed.

I'm not sure what would cause it to cease to exist.

But future direction is always an issue amongst the members, you should join if you wish to participate :pipe:

Thats the point I am making though, plenty want to sit and moan about them but do nothing about it. If fans want to a proper fans organisation which will fight for the interests of the club and indeed the fans then why dont they do something about it? I fully agree with what you say ;)

:lol:

I almost believe you sometimes

Yeah but come on Kev, my main argument i am putting forward is that if people want it to change perhaps they should join the organisation and seek to influence it. Its all very well putting forward a critique of the RST but surely if people really want it to change its direction they should join and seek to influence it by voting on whatever issues come up and so on. Also I find it hard to believe that its leadership act in the Stalinist nature that some have stated.

Oh Colin, you do tickle me.

I'm sorry your not taking this thread/topic seriously as I am raising some valid points here. I am surprised that the RST members who usually join these threads havent appeared yet. Wheres DavidRST and Cooperonthewing when you need them........