Davis, McCulloch and Thomson

pipedown27ready

I think Davis making his now trademark cuts inside off the wing will have braafheid in tatter. However I think he need to be very careful not to let braafheid in behind him when they attack as he has pretty devastating pace.

Can anyone see much fault with a back 4 of

Papac Wilson Weir Bougherra

Leaving Bougherra to make his breenging runs he seems to like.

With Davis playing tight off Thomson so we can actually have the ball on the deck in the centre of the park??

Bougherra in the middle to keep Keane quiet for me.

Broadfoot will play well against McGreedy.

Why change something that's not broken?

I think walt might stick with whittaker

Whittaker would be left mid for me.

So by going on some peoples post we want Lee to clatter Keane/Kamara early? Why? You know he is pish in the tackle. This will result in an early booking and he will play the rest of the game being unable to really tackle with a fear of being sent off.

mcculloch is experienced enough to get around this.

Sadly it seems that you are reluctant to give him any credit whatsoever.

So by going on some peoples post we want Lee to clatter Keane/Kamara early? Why? You know he is pish in the tackle. This will result in an early booking and he will play the rest of the game being unable to really tackle with a fear of being sent off.

mcculloch is experienced enough to get around this.

Sadly it seems that you are reluctant to give him any credit whatsoever.

I have said many times when he has played well. I'm just saying he has a tendency to pick up and early booking then goes missing for the rest of the game. Hence the reason if he was to play he shouldn't be going to to hit Keane or who ever hard.

Good post.

Thomson, having come through the ranks at Hibs with Lego Eater, should know how to deal with him and make sure he fades out.

Lee needs to clatter Keane and Kamara early doors - let them know they're in a game.

Haha Lego Eater...

I think Davis and McCulloch are certain to start. Thomson must also start too.

If that was to be the case, I don't think Thomson should be the one sticking to Scott Brown. Usually McCulloch is the holding one of the two, and with Davis out wide, there will be a greater need for KT get forward alot more. I actually think he looks alot better when he does do that. Against St. Mirren away in the cup and against Hibs he got forward more, with a few driving runs, runs that cause defences and midfielders to back-track. It will give the already shaky celtc backline something to think about, and will create better opportunities for the likes of Miller, Boyd and Davis.

Kevin Thomson's willingness to get forward and create could well be key come Sunday.

Thomson and McCulloch playing together in the centre is a nightmare. It's too one paced when the two of them play together. it's got to be Davis and either one or the other

Didn't do too badly against Hibs.

I agree with you though, but I think for this game, going with both McCulloch and Thomson in the center will do us no harm.

Hard to drop McCulloch and Thomson is starting to find some form, so it would be hard to drop either of them.

well said,i wonder at some of our fans on here,it is very important we keep 11 men on pitch,there is no need to pick up bookings early on,just let them worry about us and put them under pressure by pressing the game high up the pitch!!

Davis McCulloch Thomson Novo/Lafferty

I can see that being our midfield, gonna be some battle but or lads will be right up for this!

i agree,i think our team will be....alexander. whittaker,weir,bouggy,papac, davis,mcculloch,thompson,lafferty, boyd,miller. i worry about lack of pace and lafferty getting sent off he will be a marked man after last o/f game and you know what the scottish refs are like!!!