Dubai Football sevens

Bakbear

Just in from the Dubai football 7's tournament featuring a Legends cup... some of the players on show were true legends, some others, not so much.

Rangers had a team in and it was great to rub shoulders with the like of Stuart McCall, Gordon Durie, Michael Mols, big Slim McPherson and Derek Ferguson.... there was also some that were not quite legendary but well kent names like Lynsey Hamilton, Fraser Wishart, Gordan Petric, Neil Murray and Big Scott Nisbet...

Then there was the downright Baffling, Davey Bowman was playing for us? He never played for us did he? Also there was some guy called Zoran Mirkovich playing for us? Who the hell is Zoran Mirkovich? He looked like nothing more than a mate of Petric?? Anyone know who this guys is? Surely we could have got more interested in the tourney than Dave Bowman and one of Petric's mates??

I only saw two of our games, we beat Arsenal 2-0 with two goals from Jukebox and we were unlucky to draw 1-1 with a Liverpool side with Ian Rush, Jason McAteer and Phil Babb amongst others, they got a last minute equaliser

anyway was great to meet McCall, Mols and Durie, they were all perfect gents and they were all quite happy to take time for photos and autographs and bit of chat with the crowd... Great day and its all on again tomorrow

Im heading down there tomorrow, i take it the Gers team will still be playing. We are heading there about 12, what time did it finish

Aye its going on til late, last game tonight was 8.20 pm but i was there from 10 this morning so was "knackered" great day out. there couldn't have been more than 2000 there so you were right in the middle of it... Milan had Vieri, baresi, costacurta and eranio playing.... some class players there.. unfortunately the scum were also well represented.... hoodwink, john collins, regi stinker, gordon marshall and derek whyte....

Tomorrow will be another great day... ever heard of Zoran Mirkovich?

Im heading down there tomorrow, i take it the Gers team will still be playing. We are heading there about 12, what time did it finish

Aye its going on til late, last game tonight was 8.20 pm but i was there from 10 this morning so was "knackered" great day out. there couldn't have been more than 2000 there so you were right in the middle of it... Milan had Vieri, baresi, costacurta and eranio playing.... some class players there.. unfortunately the scum were also well represented.... hoodwink, john collins, regi stinker, gordon marshall and derek whyte....

Tomorrow will be another great day... ever heard of Zoran Mirkovich?

Ive never heard of him either, but looking forward to it spending the afternoon with no kids no wife and lots of beer

The legends games start at 10.40 am, and the final is at 8.30pm... its a long hot day and there are way too many green and grey strips there ,,, wear your colours :-)

Ive never heard of him either, but looking forward to it spending the afternoon with no kids no wife and lots of beer

The legends games start at 10.40 am, and the final is at 8.30pm... its a long hot day and there are way too many green and grey strips there ,,, wear your colours :-)

just read the Gulf News and it says we were knocked out last night by the UAE team - totally pissed off, just putting my Gers top on and heading off

Just got back in from the 7's a good day but sickner that the scum won the legends final. I met John Viola the agent through one of my friends and he gave me Gordon Petrics strip from the tourney. Like you said al the gers boys were very up fo a laugh, so lookin forward to next year