Summer Signings ?

hutchy14

I think in the summer we should buy 2 wingers and maybe another striker. Leigh Griffiths is looking like a good prospect for the future, but we badly need someone with a bit of pace and willing to take players on. What do you think ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need a centre back surely? Wilson, Webster, and Bougherra? possibly weir as well if he signs on again.

Boyd will be off in the summer, so i think 2 new strikers and a winger should be enough

I think a few birmingham players will be free agents at the end of the season like liam ridgwell don't know if he would move to us as west ham are keen to sign him

Sebastian Larsson is out of contract aswell i think.

I would like a new right back. I like Whittaker but he isn't a good enough defender. I don't think I can handle another season of Kenny Miller. Sure he has scored a lot of important goals and he works hard but watching him is murder and I personally think we could do a lot better. A RB,CB,LW,RW and two strikers. Hopefully keep McGregor, Bougherra, Papac, Davis, Edu and Thomson. If Boyd stays then that is great if he goes no big deal we will have to adapt.

Id like to see a decent right back and left sided midfielder. maybe craig conway! also need a right sided midfielder so davis can get in the middle.

i agree with conway, everytime i see him play he is pretty solid.

In my opinion, we should not be looking at SPL players to try and bring in. They will not make the team any better, only giving us a larger squad and more options for the wing. You said it yourself, "he is pretty solid". Players like Conway are OK players, but are not Rangers quality, and would not bring us anything new. Depending on finances and what not, we should be looking to countries like Holland, France, Portugal, Croatia and other countries in Eastern Europe for some hidden talents.

Id like to see a decent right back and left sided midfielder. maybe craig conway! also need a right sided midfielder so davis can get in the middle.

In my opinion, we should not be looking at SPL players to try and bring in. They will not make the team any better, only giving us a larger squad and more options for the wing. You said it yourself, "he is pretty solid". Players like Conway are OK players, but are not Rangers quality, and would not bring us anything new. Depending on finances and what not, we should be looking to countries like Holland, France, Portugal, Croatia and other countries in Eastern Europe for some hidden talents.

Dont know if you read papers or watch TV, but we're skint!

Dont know if you read papers or watch TV, but we're skint!

This is news to me. When did this happen? Course I know we're skint, that's why I said depending on finances. And even so, loans or free agents is what I meant.

In my opinion, we should not be looking at SPL players to try and bring in. They will not make the team any better, only giving us a larger squad and more options for the wing. You said it yourself, "he is pretty solid". Players like Conway are OK players, but are not Rangers quality, and would not bring us anything new.

Disagree completely.

There are a number of players in the SPL who would be an imporvement on some of the players we have, and quite a few who have the potential to become very good players.

I can't see Smith sepnding three years building up a squad, mainly made up of players who know the British game, and then suddenly swinging the other way and filling with unknowns from the Eastern block.

In my opinion, we should not be looking at SPL players to try and bring in. They will not make the team any better, only giving us a larger squad and more options for the wing. You said it yourself, "he is pretty solid". Players like Conway are OK players, but are not Rangers quality, and would not bring us anything new.

Disagree completely.

There are a number of players in the SPL who would be an imporvement on some of the players we have, and quite a few who have the potential to become very good players.

I can't see Smith sepnding three years building up a squad, mainly made up of players who know the British game, and then suddenly swinging the other way and filling with unknowns from the Eastern block.

Fair enough, just think we need something fresh and new. Something we haven't seen.

Out: Lafferty, Naismith, Beasley, Broadfoot, Velicka?, Novo?, Weir?, S.Smith

In: Centreforward X 2, Rightmid, Leftmid, Rightback and a Leftback

Have no idea on who exactly we could bring in though

i think we need at least 6 new players in the summer. We wont have signed anyone in 2 years by the summer.We definetly need a left back, centre back, probably another right back, a decent striker, 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder. (I dread to think what we would be like if davis gets injured) Probably be lucky if we sign a couple of players, i hope walter is doing his homework, no point waiting untill we do get some money and then looking round, we need to have targets identified so we can move as soon as we get the go ahead.

John Ruddy & Lukas Jutkiwecz because IMO they are two of the most talented youngsters in Scotland and I want to see us sign talented youngsters.

Radek Sirl or George Boyd for the problamatic left midfield berth. Jonathan Legear or Romeo Castelen (loan) for the right hand side.

Gooch Onewyu (must be that time of year again :lol:) to partner Bougherra at the back.

That would do me fine.

-McGregor-

-Whittaker-Bougherra-Onewyu-Papac-

-Legear-Davis-Thomson-Sirl/Boyd-

-Boyd-Miller-

depends on what money is available,id like to see,brunt,mansare,marc janko(suprised he hasnt moved to a top club already)david degen and anthony mounier.

Anthony Mounier, and Marc Janko would cost around about £12m...