Joe Cole as one of the queens 11

dmac456

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

joe cole is fit and raring to go yet unused by ancelotti and looked over again by capello.do u think for the cash the tims are payin for a member of westlife we could secure him on a season long loan.maybe just me but think the boy is outstanding and would be a star in spl.

Never ever going to happen! :anguish:

Some tragic responses to a fairly valid question I think by the OP.

And, I think its valid, because, I remember a time when the like of Cole would be signing for us in a heartbeat, never mind on loan. Sure, times have changed, but, why perpetuate the "battered wife syndrome" of , we can only possibly consider players like Reynolds from Murderwell? THAT is what should be ridiculed, yet Thats about the only one given any Creedence ( and yeah, I spelt it incorrectly I think, and capitolised, however, thats in tribute to the great John Fogerty!) because he is shit, basically, and, people dont seem to think we could attract anyone of any kind of quality? (at the same time bemoaning the "shite" we have at the club, cant make it up).

We could have a new owner soon, we could actually have money. If we can pay the wages, they may come. Look at Man City? 12-24 months ago people would have taken the piss about the names they have lining up there, but, new money, new team (cue the "EPL" replies). We also have the champions league, something an out of favour player at a larger club might well look at and think, yeah I will have some of that (remember the OP said loan, so the player isnt commiting to anything).

He's out of contract at the end of the season. For him to come here on loan, a club would have to sign him and then immediately loan him out to us. Why would anyone do that? Alternatively, he would need to sign for us permanently, which given his satus and wage demands is a no-goer.

I agree that often people are too hasty to riddicule folk on here, but in this case I think it's fair enough to point out that this will never happen.

No chance of us signing someone of Cole's calibre and wage demands!

Ok, something I never thought I would do, and, thats quote Papac! :lol:

“I want to win medals. You can have the money, but the medals will stay with you for ever. You cannot replace your medals or your memories.”

He cant be the only player out there with that mentality can he? We ARE a big club, we have the champions league. Have people forgotten the appeal we have to players?

Fair enough they are a bit shite, but, bheasts are "loaning" players from EPL teams and the likes of Bayern. We should be at least confident enough to attract players from these kind of sides? After all, we are the champions, not dross like them. Some of these clubs have an abundence of good, quality players, who get miffed at a lack of first team games, why would they NOT come on loan? At the very least? Why would they not do a Cuellar? And sign on a lower wage with a view to putting themselves in the shop window?

So many variables

But would Joe Cole at the age of 28 want to move to the SPL? I very much doubt that.

Man Utd, Spurs and a number of other clubs will be interested in him.

There is no chance we will sign a player like him.

But would Joe Cole at the age of 28 want to move to the SPL? I very much doubt that.

Maybe not, who knows :lol:

My point is, it doesnt mean that others wouldnt does it?

So many fans so down on the club, its a bit depressing.

Did Rangers not say they would'nt break the wage structure that they now have,

how much would it cost in wages to get joe cole up to Rangers,

the guy must be at least on what that fud keanes getting if not more.

Would love to go back to the days when Rangers bought the best english players

but think those days could be a long way away.

Maybe not, who knows :lol:

My point is, it doesnt mean that others wouldnt does it?

So many fans so down on the club, its a bit depressing.

Yes we are a massive club. There is no doubt about it. But would a player of the calibre of Joe Cole want to come to the SPL and play on Fir Park on a cold, wet, windy Tuesday night?

We as a club are massive and it is a big pulling point for players as we can offer the best training facilities, the best home ground and 50,000 fans every other week. But the SPL is not.

I agree with Outlaw on this one, yeah sure other clubs might be interested in him, but who is to say he will get a game for them? You're on about players wanting to play in the SPL, irrespective WE SHOULD be setting our sights higher, and as for players coming to the SPL why would Keane go to the piggery? He could have found another team in the EPL which would have taken him.

Outlaw - dont think its the fact that we are all so down on the club.... more like being realistic in the current climate. My response prob could have been better...i just initially thought it was a young kid who posted it...maybe it is or maybe it isn't. Simples - We wont ever sign a player like joe cole again in the near future in terms of his wage, signing on fee and the rest of the add ons

I agree with Outlaw on this one, yeah sure other clubs might be interested in him, but who is to say he will get a game for them? You're on about players wanting to play in the SPL, irrespective WE SHOULD be setting our sights higher, and as for players coming to the SPL why would Keane go to the piggery? He could have found another team in the EPL which would have taken him.

Keane is a good example, can you imagine if someone suggested the likes of a Keane on loan on here? (ok, I know the OP here did!), ALL the replies would be like the ones on here.

What you say about him getting a game is good too, sure, Cole is 28, but, would these "big" clubs pick him over the likes of a young guy like Ballotelli? These days, even at 28, he is getting on a bit, and, the younger fitter guys will be attracting the bigger fees, and more interest. If we develop our youth, and, accentuate the squad with these type of players, its the best of both worlds, and, I dont think its unrealistic at all. Maybe the odd "name" will be, but the principle is sound.

Outlaw - dont think its the fact that we are all so down on the club.... more like being realistic in the current climate. My response prob could have been better...i just initially thought it was a young kid who posted it...maybe it is or maybe it isn't. Simples - We wont ever sign a player like joe cole again in the near future in terms of his wage, signing on fee and the rest of the add ons

I see where you are coming from mate, I do disagree tho (mainly because I dont think Cole is that great haha) :lol:

I just think we dont know what will happen, but, we (generalising) take that view on things, and, I dont think we should. How about wage caps come in? Everything changes. There is also the ruling isnt there where clubs cant really benefit from rich owners putting money in? (not sure if its been finalised). Quotas? All these things are good for Rangers. If you can only be paid the same, would you play for Bolton or Rangers?

Let's not forget there was no EPL team who wanted to come in for Keane during the transfer window. He ended up at celtc for a jolly outing because none of the big boys in England wanted him.

Agree to disagree on this one (tu)

Let's not forget there was no EPL team who wanted to come in for Keane during the transfer window. He ended up at celtc for a jolly outing because none of the big boys in England wanted him.

Agree to disagree on this one (tu)

Okies you grumpy bass (tu)

:beer1:

Can't believe there is someone arguing that we might actually be able to get Joe Cole. If he leaves Chelsea, he will be going to a top english Man Utd are said to be keen, and it would be a typical Fergie bosman signing.

If you knew anything about Joe Cole's personality and self-belief, you would understand that there is literally no chance he would move to the SPL.

Can't believe there is someone arguing that we might actually be able to get Joe Cole. If he leaves Chelsea, he will be going to a top english Man Utd are said to be keen, and it would be a typical Fergie bosman signing.

If you knew anything about Joe Cole's personality and self-belief, you would understand that there is literally no chance he would move to the SPL.

Theres a difference between "Joe Cole" and "a joe cole" ;)

I have no interest in his personality and self belief to be honest, and, would prefer us looking at alternatives. The point of the argument was simple. Why should we NOT look at better players?