Hard to feel sorry for him

Bluepeter9

SDM is now ONLY worth £110M (which means in our terms he will have little liquidity and no money for us)

It just shows that Rich is not enough to own a big club, Super Rich to invest and that is ties us to their sucess or otherwise so we MUST work within our means (IMHO) and keep our future intact.

http://www.timesonli...icle7107365.ece

Sir David Murray is the biggest loser in The Sunday Times Rich List, haemorrhaging £390m of his personal fortune over the past year.

The owner of Rangers and head of Scotland's largest private company has seen his estimated wealth slashed by almost 80% in the list, which is published today. It shows that the richest people in Britain have seen a record boom in wealth in the past year of 30% — the largest rise since the list was first published 21 years ago.

However, the chairman of Murray International Holdings (MIH) has seen his fortune decline from £500m to £110m, a drop of 78%. As a result, he has fallen 508 places, from 88 to 596, in the league of Britain's super rich.

Murray's business empire, which includes steel, property, call centres and a majority stake in Rangers, has been badly hit by the economic downturn.

Philip Beresford, compiler of the list, said: "In the past, Murray has been able to do well when there has been a downturn because if one section of his business did badly, he could rely on the others. But this time they have been affected at the same time. Murray's major investments — steel, commercial property and football — all went down at once."

Beresford said that a clearer picture of MIH's difficulties would emerge in the near future, when its latest accounts are filed.

"The latest accounts have been delayed and the business is weighed down by £759m of debt at the last count," said Beresford. "However, Murray is a tough entrepreneur and will bounce back."

Murray declined to comment on his Rich List ranking or MIH's financial position.

However, a source close to the businessman said: "We will survive. We remain confident about the future."

I hope he loses everything. That's what he deserves for the way he has fucked our club over.

When he has to sell his own family silver, maybe (but I doubt it) he'll regret his actions or more latterly, his inaction.

hes gave us alot of good memories, i feel sorry for the man.

Hard to feel that sorry for someone still worth £110M but he did well by us (IMHO) but being tied to one mans luck and fortune is a dangerous path for us.

I hope he loses everything. That's what he deserves for the way he has fucked our club over.

When he has to sell his own family silver, maybe (but I doubt it) he'll regret his actions or more latterly, his inaction.

what a fucking disgrace you are. No man deserves what you are wishing for.

If no buyer comes in and Murray goes down. So do we.

I just consider this, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have had most of the 9iar squad.

I prefer to recognise our first 9-in-a-row, when we hadn't got a shower of mercenaries on the books. :pipe:

SDM is now ONLY worth £110M (which means in our terms he will have little liquidity and no money for us)

It just shows that Rich is not enough to own a big club, Super Rich to invest and that is ties us to their sucess or otherwise so we MUST work within our means (IMHO) and keep our future intact.

http://www.timesonli...icle7107365.ece

Sir David Murray is the biggest loser in The Sunday Times Rich List, haemorrhaging £390m of his personal fortune over the past year.

The owner of Rangers and head of Scotland's largest private company has seen his estimated wealth slashed by almost 80% in the list, which is published today. It shows that the richest people in Britain have seen a record boom in wealth in the past year of 30% — the largest rise since the list was first published 21 years ago.

However, the chairman of Murray International Holdings (MIH) has seen his fortune decline from £500m to £110m, a drop of 78%. As a result, he has fallen 508 places, from 88 to 596, in the league of Britain's super rich.

Murray's business empire, which includes steel, property, call centres and a majority stake in Rangers, has been badly hit by the economic downturn.

Philip Beresford, compiler of the list, said: "In the past, Murray has been able to do well when there has been a downturn because if one section of his business did badly, he could rely on the others. But this time they have been affected at the same time. Murray's major investments — steel, commercial property and football — all went down at once."

Beresford said that a clearer picture of MIH's difficulties would emerge in the near future, when its latest accounts are filed.

"The latest accounts have been delayed and the business is weighed down by £759m of debt at the last count," said Beresford. "However, Murray is a tough entrepreneur and will bounce back."

Murray declined to comment on his Rich List ranking or MIH's financial position.

However, a source close to the businessman said: "We will survive. We remain confident about the future."

There will never be anyone else that will be able/willing to invest as much as SDM did into this club. All the best to him, I have aways been gratefull to him.