Martin Bain wants Walter to reveal his hand

Lando

I was just googling Martin Bain and just learned that he has been with the Rangers organization since 2000.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-chief-martin-bain-wants-smith-to-reveal-his-hand-14782513.html

Rangers chief Martin Bain wants Smith to reveal his hand

Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain hopes boss Walter Smith will reveal in the next few days whether he wants to remain at Ibrox next season.

The veteran manager has yet to decide whether he wants to stay with the Scottish champions and has stressed in the past that he may not have that choice to make as the Glasgow giants search for a new owner.

Smith and his backroom staff have been working without contracts since January and the 62-year-old declined to confirm after Sunday's title triumph whether he intends to defend the crown.

“That's a decision for Walter and I'm sure he'll make it in the few days to come,” said Bain.

“I think that depends on a number of factors. I think it depends, not just for Walter, but for many others at the football club.”

Bain insists Smith deserves enormous credit after a 1-0 win at Hibernian secured the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title for the second year running.

“Walter Smith, his assistants and the whole team have performed tremendously well,” he added.

“A second championship in a row, six trophies and a European final in three years.

“I don't think you can get any better and I don't think there's a club in the world that wouldn't take that if offered them so all testament to Walter and his team. It's just been fantastic.”

Gers captain David Weir (right) has urged Bain and his fellow Rangers directors to pull out all the stops to ensure Smith remains at the helm next season.

“It's crucial [to keep him] because of what he has done, what he has achieved and what he has got out of us,” said Weir.

“It's been an incredible achievement. I think any Rangers fan, anybody who's got the best interests of the club at heart, would hope he stays on.

“He has been the difference, without a shadow of a doubt.

“Three years ago when he came in we were fighting for second place. Now we have won back-to-back titles, six trophies in three years and been to a UEFA Cup final.

“It's down to him, as simple as that.

“The players have obviously contributed but the manager is the one who takes it on the chin when things go wrong so he deserves the credit when it goes right.”

I was just googling Martin Bain and just learned that he has been with the Rangers organization since 2000.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-chief-martin-bain-wants-smith-to-reveal-his-hand-14782513.html

Rangers chief Martin Bain wants Smith to reveal his hand

Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain hopes boss Walter Smith will reveal in the next few days whether he wants to remain at Ibrox next season.

The veteran manager has yet to decide whether he wants to stay with the Scottish champions and has stressed in the past that he may not have that choice to make as the Glasgow giants search for a new owner.

Smith and his backroom staff have been working without contracts since January and the 62-year-old declined to confirm after Sunday's title triumph whether he intends to defend the crown.

“That's a decision for Walter and I'm sure he'll make it in the few days to come,” said Bain.

“I think that depends on a number of factors. I think it depends, not just for Walter, but for many others at the football club.”

Bain insists Smith deserves enormous credit after a 1-0 win at Hibernian secured the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title for the second year running.

“Walter Smith, his assistants and the whole team have performed tremendously well,” he added.

“A second championship in a row, six trophies and a European final in three years.

“I don't think you can get any better and I don't think there's a club in the world that wouldn't take that if offered them so all testament to Walter and his team. It's just been fantastic.”

Gers captain David Weir (right) has urged Bain and his fellow Rangers directors to pull out all the stops to ensure Smith remains at the helm next season.

“It's crucial [to keep him] because of what he has done, what he has achieved and what he has got out of us,” said Weir.

“It's been an incredible achievement. I think any Rangers fan, anybody who's got the best interests of the club at heart, would hope he stays on.

“He has been the difference, without a shadow of a doubt.

“Three years ago when he came in we were fighting for second place. Now we have won back-to-back titles, six trophies in three years and been to a UEFA Cup final.

“It's down to him, as simple as that.

“The players have obviously contributed but the manager is the one who takes it on the chin when things go wrong so he deserves the credit when it goes right.”

Had a wee chuckle at that.

and the rangers support wants to know the full truth of whats going on at rangers martin bain

To be fair mate, I wonder if anyone does? Including Martin Bain.

Hopefully more will be revealed when AJ 'jets' in to resolve the taxman issues, Walter, and the new ownership. Busy week for him. He must know we are getting royally pissed by not knowing anything.

walter smith also wants to know whats going on,with the takeover and if he's going to get money next season.

We have only just found out about direct entry to the CL, we are awaiting to see the uptake in ST sales and there has been no decision made on any prospective sale. What does Walter expect to happen at this time? He should keep his thoughts on finances to himself and do the job he is paid to do.