The Scotland Supporters Club hits 35,000

Lando

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then,so why would you want to boo a Rangers song?

I wouldn't want to boo a Rangers song. Just as well GSTQ isn't a Rangers song.

So tell me why it isn't a Rangers song?

I was under the impression that Follow Follow, Bluebells are Blue, Wolverhampton Town, Blue Sea of Ibrox etc were Rangers songs.

GSTQ is more along the lines of a national anthem.

I was under the impression that Follow Follow, Bluebells are Blue, Wolverhampton Town, Blue Sea of Ibrox etc were Rangers songs.

Do most of our fans sing it at Ibrox after every home and away game?

Does it bear any relevance to Rangers Football Club?

Does it bear any relevance to Rangers Football Club?

Answer my question first :rolleyes:

Just for the record, I didn't boo GSTQ, but I don't understand why you feel so strongly about the importance of a national anthem getting booed. Scottish fans must feel that England shouldn't get our respect then, going by your argument.

I can't believe you think booing a national anthem is the same as boing a croowd chant :lol:

Booing a national anthem is incredibly disrespectful and akin to burning another nations flag (tu)

I'd agree, though it neither bothered me that much, that night it was booed.

I think I laughed wryly.

Answer my question first :rolleyes:

OK then.

I don't know about "most", but a sizeable amount do.

Now answer mine. :h34rt:

Most of the fans sing it so that makes it relevant to Rangers FC as the fans are Rangers

Answer my question first rolleyes.gif

OK then.

Now answer mine. h34rt.gif

Most of the fans sing it so that makes it relevant to Rangers FC as the fans are Rangers

It's not a Rangers song but merely a song sung by Rangers fans

If the fans want to sing it that makes it a Rangers song,why would it not?

OK then.

not all fans want to sing it and it has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers

It was written long before we were founded

OK then.

not all fans want to sing it and it has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers

It was written long before we were founded

Explain to me why it has nothing to do with Rangers?

Do you think the Tartan Army would have booed the National Anthem if the ROI played them? Would they fuck!

no but I bet you would, eh?

So you admit they wouldn't then? So why the special treatment for God save the Queen? I thought it was just about booing another teams anthem? Why do you assume I would boo the Irish National Anthem?

I just did

It was written before we were founded - the song itself bears absolutely no relevance to Rangers

Thats not an answer.Because the song was written before we were founded we can't sing it. :lol: .....So this song was written before i was born, i can't sing it and this could go for any song :lol:

I just did

It was written before we were founded - the song itself bears absolutely no relevance to Rangers

Thats not an answer.Because the song was written before we were founded we can't sing it. :lol: .....So this song was written before i was born, i can't sing it and this could go for any song :lol:

That's clearly not what he said.....he said that it was written long before RFC was founded and bears absolutely no relevance to RFC.

I just did

That's clearly not what he said.....he said that it was written long before RFC was founded and bears absolutely no relevance to RFC.

but what has "when it" was written got to do with this?the majority of Rangers fans sing it so why would it not be revelant to Rangers,after all we are a British club

God save the Queen is not a Rangers song, yet again You'll never walk alone is not a Liverpool song, I'm forever blowing bubbles isn't a West Ham Song and the Liquidator isn't a Chelsea song.

We could also say the same about STB :sherlock:

I just did

Thats not an answer.Because the song was written before we were founded we can't sing it. laugh.gif .....So this song was written before i was born, i can't sing it and this could go for any song laugh.gif

but what has "when it" was written got to do with this?the majority of Rangers fans sing it so why would it not be revelant to Rangers,after all we are a British club

which part of the song bears any relevance to Rangers FC?

I just did

Just illustrating the fact that it wasn't written with Rangers in mind and bears absolutely no relevance to our Club.

I really don't see what's so difficult to understand about this.