Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

“May all who look upon the old club with a friendly eye stand prepared , by precept and example, to protects its interests and its good name”

John Allan

One is left to wonder where our club would be today had the guardians of these last few years chosen to honour John Allan’s famous quote. For only this week we were reminded of the legacy of Murray’s respectful silence policy as the multi- chinned James Traynor ripped into the travelling Bears in Sydney for singing a few naughty songs...while in Lincoln the self acclaimed “greatest fans in the world” fought amongst themselves....treated the people of Lincoln to their IRA ditties and indulged in general yobbish behaviour which led to 20 arrests which, considering the scale of the unrest, appears to have drawn little comment.

We shouldn’t be too surprised. The Daily Record has been running scared of printing negative stories about Celtic and their support for some time now. Remember the Thugs and Thieves headline after the shehanigans of the Celtic Christmas night out ? The very next home game that headline was flashed on the giant screens at Parkhead. The intent was obvious.

Contrast that with Murray’s response to Bears, incessant with rage about the latest cowards with keyboards rant against our club...”If a publication offends then don’t buy it” Way to go Sir David....so much for stand prepared by precept and example to protects its interests and its good name.

While Rangers on a Monday morning are the only club in Scotland holding an anti-sectarian meeting to expel those who have fallen foul of the McConnell ‘s Iraq War deflection (aka Scotland’s Secret Shame)...over at Parkhead Liewell will be preparing his latest statement to defend the unsavoury elements of the Celtic support. What will it be this time Peter ?....”offensive but not sectarian”...or the old favourite...”political”

How does it go Peter....”If you know your history” ? I think someone somewhere needs to put in some extra history revision. Weren’t we told for years that Sinn Fein was the political wing of the IRA. ?

Those his supporters glorify in song are those who murder by reason of race or religion. The absolute epitome of sectarianism.

But this is not about them....I offer them only to demonstrate a glimpse of the ammunition available to those” guardians” of our club....who have failed in their duty to safeguard our clubs interests and good name. It doesn’t take a lot to usurp a liar...in fact many Bears have already demonstrated that it can be done. Spiers was brought to account over his assertion that thousands of Rangers fans racially abused Bobo Balde. When challenged those “thousands” became “hundreds” and when pressed further became a “handful”.

McNee’s attempted inference that the Bouncy was based on a sectarian murder was quickly withdrawn and denied and he was forced into an embarrassing denial.

Both these examples were not accomplished by our clubs “guardians” but by rank and file supporters of this club.

Can you imagine how more could have been accomplished if instead of apathy towards these reptiles, those inside Ibrox had mounted a robust and stout defence of our club and its support ?

I sometimes have to pinch myself at Murray’s naivety over this whole issue. While he proudly showed the world everything Rangers were doing to tackle sectarianism...and patted himself on the back....the likes of Anna Smith was telling the world via her newspaper column that “Rangers cultivated sectarianism” . I sometimes think that coming from a non-Rangers background Murray has never grasped that there are people out there who hate and detest our club and its support and makes it their life’s mission to discredit our club at every opportunity.

As the extent of the financial incompetence at our club continues to unfold before our eyes many will see the embarrassing financial insecurity and uncertainty at our club as his greatest crime.

But for this Bear it is his failure to uphold the commands of our forefathers to defend our club from cowards and reptiles which will be unforgiveable.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant defend the indefensible though can you? James Traynor was spot on in what he said. The fans who went did sing 'sectarian' songs with no regard as to how it made us look. I dont care what the Celtic fans sing but if we, finally, clean it up then maybe, just maybe, the sectarian spotlight will shine on Celtic and their loathsome I.R.A songs rather than us.

But we still have plenty of fans willing to contribute to shooting ourselves in the foot.

You cant defend the indefensible though can you? James Traynor was spot on in what he said. The fans who went did sing 'sectarian' songs with no regard as to how it made us look. I dont care what the Celtic fans sing but if we, finally, clean it up then maybe, just maybe, the sectarian spotlight will shine on Celtic and their loathsome I.R.A songs rather than us.

But we still have plenty of fans willing to contribute to shooting ourselves in the foot.

TWB that logic just doesnt hold up. In fact you have just given Manti more ammunition !! (that arguement is his particular favourite)

Did we see a balanced report on both incidents from him or was a few songs far more worthy of comment than that which unfolded in Lincoln.

Its a bit like reporting on a small reversing bump while the 12 car pile up further up the road is ignored.

TWB that logic just doesnt hold up. In fact you have just given Manti more ammunition !! (that arguement is his particular favourite)

Did we see a balanced report on both incidents from him or was a few songs far more worthy of comment than that which unfolded in Lincoln.

Its a bit like reporting on a small reversing bump while the 12 car pile up further up the road is ignored.

I know - but it just shows that we are in the spotlight at the moment when it comes to this particular issue and as long as we keep writing their headlines for them then we will stay there.

The way this issue is handled by the Scottish Media is a disgrace but, sadly, I feel it will remain a disgrace until we sort ourselves out. I dont really want to get into another one of these arguments but if we cut out the, let's say, darker songs from our reportoire then, surely, we will be untouchable.

Then Celtic should get their turn under the spotlight.

I realise that this is all conjecture though.

Great read , totally agree , Murray and Co have all the ammunition they need to fire back at these people with actual truths , alas they seem not to do so through naivity , as not being brought up a Bear seems to of had an adverse affect on actually standing up for Our Great Club

I'd love to see the day Rangers finally stand up for themselves and politically tearing into the cowards and the biased self important arseholes. The mhedia is crawling with them and the suffocate any negative press on celt*c and I also think a lot of non-tim journo's are shitebags scared to get the negative comments and threats. One things for sure I won't be holding my breath for any changes happening soon.

I know - but it just shows that we are in the spotlight at the moment when it comes to this particular issue and as long as we keep writing their headlines for them then we will stay there.

The way this issue is handled by the Scottish Media is a disgrace but, sadly, I feel it will remain a disgrace until we sort ourselves out. I dont really want to get into another one of these arguments but if we cut out the, let's say, darker songs from our reportoire then, surely, we will be untouchable.

That quote from you doesn't add up. What I mean is you're a smart guy (in my opinion) but on this subject you seem to be all but stubborn. It seems as though you are trying to live in a *perfect* kind of world. It aint gonna happen mate, once you get a few more years on the clock you'll know what I mean.

excellent article

Murray has sat on the thrown of RFC 21 years and hasnt graped who the Rangers are

if he did he would of defended us rather than reject the rights of appeal

For me, your either a defender of our traditions, or your a moron.

WillBear has the right idea in theory, its almost impossible to get your point across on the tinternet.

So Hammer....

Do we deserve comments like "Rangers cultivated sectarianism" ....because a handful of fans sing naughty songs ?

That quote from you doesn't add up. What I mean is you're a smart guy (in my opinion) but on this subject you seem to be all but stubborn. It seems as though you are trying to live in a *perfect* kind of world. It aint gonna happen mate, once you get a few more years on the clock you'll know what I mean.

Maybe so - this is why I said it's conjecture. Deep down I realise, with the Oldfirm rivalry the way it is, that it's never going to happen.

For me, your either a defender of our traditions, or your a moron.

WillBear has the right idea in theory, its almost impossible to get your point across on the tinternet.

So Hammer....

Do we deserve comments like "Rangers cultivated sectarianism" ....because a handful of fans sing naughty songs ?

I dont think it matters that we deserve them - as long as we keep giving them ammunition then we are going to attract comments like that. If we try and defend it then they will just deflect and point out examples where we do deserve criticism.

TWB that comment is a downright lie. Along with the others she told that day about Nazis salutes and Protestant supremacy.

It wouldnt matter if we were whiter than white...her and her ilk will always make such comments.

Furthermore even if I were to agree with your rational.....why does it appear only one sides unsavoury behaviour is deemed worthy of reporting ?

TWB that comment is a downright lie. Along with the others she told that day about Nazis salutes and Protestant supremacy.

It wouldnt matter if we were whiter than white...her and her ilk will always make such comments.

Furthermore even if I were to agree with your rational.....why does it appear only one sides unsavoury behaviour is deemed worthy of reporting ?

As I said above the way the Media handle this issue is nothing short of a disgrace, that is undeniable. But we provide them with plenty of ammunition.

If we were whiter than white then I would like to think that we would be untouchable and the media hounds would go after them.............

As I said above the way the Media handle this issue is nothing short of a disgrace, that is undeniable. But we provide them with plenty of ammunition.

If we were whiter than white then I would like to think that we would be untouchable and the media hounds would go after them.............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TWB the italics for emphasis says it all....even you dont believe it !

why does it appear only one sides unsavoury behaviour is deemed worthy of reporting ?

Because the media is infested and needs fumigated, in order to remove parties who have no real knowledge of history and simply follow the ideaolgy of others.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TWB the italics for emphasis says it all....even you dont believe it !

I did say it was conjecture ;)

I have no idea if it would happen or not.

why does it appear only one sides unsavoury behaviour is deemed worthy of reporting ?

Because the media is infested and needs fumigated, in order to remove parties who have no real knowledge of history and simply follow the ideaolgy of others.

Perhaps you could expand.....

Great article as per usual D'Art and bang on.

You're pissing in the wind with some of the 'fans' on here though.

The deflect and deny modus operandi that has been so very successful for the F*nian f*ckers over the years seems to be being employed by certain posters on here sadly.

"let's talk about the inequality" gets a response of "Let's talk about what our OWN fans were singing" Un-bastard-believable

Defending our traditions from the relentless attacks by the mhedia has to be a priority and i for one applaud your stance.

The deflect and deny modus operandi that has been so very successful for the F*nian f*ckers over the years seems to be being employed by certain posters on here sadly.

"let's talk about the inequality" gets a response of "Let's talk about what our OWN fans were singing" Un-bastard-believable

Defending our traditions from the relentless attacks by the mhedia has to be a priority and i for one applaud your stance.

Good post (tu)

Cheers BL

I cant for the life of me understand the unwillingness to defend our own. I dont even mean to excuse that which is unacceptable - but at least could we have some parity when it comes to reporting such incidents.